Hi,

I'm just after a bit of advice!

I've had my 8900 for about 6 months now and am looking at buying a silicone case for it. I've had alook around and found on eon ebay for around �3.....

OEM for Blackberry Silicone DARK RED Case Curve 8900 on eBay (end time 01-Sep-09 21:33:25 BST)

Now before I go ahead and buy it Ive got a few questions to ask, I'm assuming that if I use this case I won't be able to put my BB in the original black pouch it came with?

So my questions are:-

1. How does the case compare to the pouch in terms of protecting the BB

2. How is the phones battery performance efftected by not keeping it in the pouch?

I know the case is very cheap but thought I'd ask the questions before buying!

Cheers in advance..
    09-01-09 02:10 PM
    Just my opinion:
    1. For protection I prefer using Silicon Case. The pouch/Holster do not protect your gadget when it out from its.
    2. Holster/pouch has a magnetic piece inside the holster that make your gadget goes standy. It can do the same, if you push the right button on the top of your BB 8900, if you using Silicon Case.
    09-03-09 05:55 PM
    Hi,

I'm just after a bit of advice!

I've had my 8900 for about 6 months now and am looking at buying a silicone case for it. I've had alook around and found on eon ebay for around �3.....

OEM for Blackberry Silicone DARK RED Case Curve 8900 on eBay (end time 01-Sep-09 21:33:25 BST)

Now before I go ahead and buy it Ive got a few questions to ask, I'm assuming that if I use this case I won't be able to put my BB in the original black pouch it came with?

So my questions are:-

1. How does the case compare to the pouch in terms of protecting the BB

2. How is the phones battery performance efftected by not keeping it in the pouch?

I know the case is very cheap but thought I'd ask the questions before buying!

Cheers in advance..
    No, you will not be able to use the case and the pouch at the same time.

1. The case will not protect the screen/keys from drop or scratch resistance. The pouch does, somewhat.

2. The battery performance will be less than stellar if you don't ever use the Mute button to put your phone into standby. The magnet on the pouch and the Mute button perform the same function.

Also, some things to consider:
    - If you use a charging dock, you will have to remove the silicone case to allow access to the charging ports.
    - The case will not be the best protection from drops and the screen may still get scratched. It will add some aesthetic appeal, however, and help improve the grip factor of the phone.
    09-04-09 02:49 PM
    "It totally depends on your need and affordability.

Silicone Case: Silicone cases are cost-effective way to secure your cell phone against scratch, dirt, and bump.

Original Pouch: Original pouch is very costly, but it offers a reliable performance.

To buy both silicone case and original pouch log on to bargaincell.com
    09-23-09 03:50 AM
    I never liked the silicone case becaused it was hard to get in and out of my jean pockets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 05:02 AM
    i prefer the cases like that. usually they stick out far enough that if you were to drop it face down it'd keep your screen off the ground (in most situations obviously). the cases i actually prefer best is the resin made cases like that.
    here's a link for the cases specifically like your phone. 1 CRYSTAL Soft Gel Case Cover for Blackberry Curve 8900 - eBay (item 260424233986 end time Oct-04-09 17:35:08 PDT)
    these you don't have to worry about what nick stated with having problems putting it in his pocket. they're very smooth so they slide in and out easy, but provide grip so it doesn't slip out of your hands.
    Last edited by sunshower.beauty; 09-23-09 at 07:46 AM.
    09-23-09 05:26 AM
    i prefer the cases like that. usually they stick out far enough that if you were to drop it face down it'd keep your screen off the ground (in most situations obviously). the cases i actually prefer best is the resin made cases like that.
    here's a link for the cases specifically like your phone. 1 CRYSTAL Soft Gel Case Cover for Blackberry Curve 8900 - eBay (item 260424233986 end time Oct-04-09 17:35:08 PDT)
    these you don't have to worry about what nick stated with having problems putting it in his pocket. they're very smooth so they slide in and out easy, but provide grip so it doesn't slip out of your hands.
    These look nice -- curious though -- most of the cutouts seem to be in the right places, but the view from the top of the phone makes it look as if there's no cutout to correspond to the top slot on the phone -- isn't that intended to be a speaker slot? If so, I'd think the case would muffle the sound somewhat.
    09-23-09 08:09 AM
    These look nice -- curious though -- most of the cutouts seem to be in the right places, but the view from the top of the phone makes it look as if there's no cutout to correspond to the top slot on the phone -- isn't that intended to be a speaker slot? If so, I'd think the case would muffle the sound somewhat.
    I have this case for the Tour and it has a cut out for the slot on the top. I'm sure someone else can confirm for the Curve case.
    09-23-09 08:20 AM
    nope, not at all. everything that needs to be cut out it cut out and lines up great. there's even a thin layer of plastic over the side buttons to keep them from getting dust in them, but still allows them to be pressed easily. i bought five of them in different colors. i think they're great. fit snug. tougher but still bendable to get on and such.
    09-23-09 09:39 AM
    I never liked the silicone case becaused it was hard to get in and out of my jean pockets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree, the Incipio feather is perfect for that, it's smooth.
    09-23-09 09:43 AM
    nope, not at all. everything that needs to be cut out it cut out and lines up great. there's even a thin layer of plastic over the side buttons to keep them from getting dust in them, but still allows them to be pressed easily. i bought five of them in different colors. i think they're great. fit snug. tougher but still bendable to get on and such.
    Thanks -- good to know
    09-23-09 10:13 AM
    hope it helps. [:
    09-23-09 11:13 AM
    hope it helps. [:
    It does indeed!
    09-23-09 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD