So I purchased this silicone skin case on ebay yesterday for my Verizon BB Curve 8330... It does say that it is compatible with the 8330s, but the example shows the indicator light towards the top of the device, while mine is lower... I did already send the seller a message asking this same thing, but I wanted to find out if any of you are using a silicone skin just like this on your 8330 and does it cover the earpiece at all?? Im sure Im just being paranoid, lol...
    01-11-09 01:12 PM
    I'm trying to understand how you have a bottom indicator led? Can you post a picture of your 8330?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 01:21 PM
    I have the same cover that I bought in the mall and it works perfect and doesn't cover up anything it shouldn't! iMy indicator light is lower as well like its in the gray part of the screean by where it says blackberry but it still works! It should be fine! you'll like it a lot because it seems to help if you drop your phone to protect it and no scratches if you throw it in your purse like I do!
    Last edited by britters00; 01-11-09 at 01:27 PM.
    01-11-09 01:25 PM
    Is it OEM? I purchased an OEM case for BB Bold on ebay and the openings are in the correct place. According to the picture that you've posted, it seems that the indicator light would be in the correct place on the silicone case.

01-11-09 01:28 PM
    When I said lower, I meant on the gray part of the screen by where it says Blackberry... And yes, it is an OEM... Thank you all for your replies
    01-11-09 01:32 PM
    I have an oem case like this, it fits fine but that damn notch at the top irritates me beyond belief.

01-11-09 07:32 PM
    Yeah I know what you mean... I havent received it yet, but that was the first thing I thought when I ordered it... "Gosh that notch thing is going to bug me..." HAHA!!
    01-11-09 09:43 PM
    I really wish there would be more of a variety of silicone cases for our 8330's the led notch at the top does tend to bother me, especially when I see my friend's att curve and it looks better than mine with the skins.
    01-13-09 06:02 PM
    I am so glad I'm not the only one who HATES the LED cutout for 8330s (when the 8330 doesn't actually need it). Are there any cases that don't have that?
    04-13-09 02:42 PM
    lol this bugs me too, i only purchased this one b/c i got it for 3.84 out the door.
    04-15-09 03:57 AM
    Any luck on finding a silicone case that fits perfectly on the verizon 8330? I'm returning mine because I had the same problem.
    04-27-09 02:07 AM
    The BB in the pic isn't an 8330, the chrome trim at the top is too large.

The skin I use is a Rocketfish, and it is substantially thicker than a standard skin. It is also knurled on the sides, giving a much more secure grip than others I've seen.

The top front part comes down within a couple of mm from the top of the screen window, so it offers more screen protection than the one shown. I did have to open up the LED opening some to use the light sensor properly, too.

But one of the best features, instead of cutouts around the side, top, and volume buttons, there are raised nubs that give you something to press against. Nice feature.

04-27-09 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD