Hey all, I have an out of state number on my account (Live in WA and have an LA number (long story)) so I get a ton of "wrong number" calls that are normally from the same group of numbers and want to put a Silent ring to the contact I have those numbers stored in.

Anyone have a silent ring tone they can send my way?

Thanks!

~Dennis
    09-16-08 11:47 AM
    [edit] I actually made one, but it was a WMA file, I converted it to MP3 and uploaded.

Title: The Silent Type
    Details: 5 seconds of silence

It is pending review so hope someone else can use it!
    Last edited by dchristilaw; 09-16-08 at 04:45 PM. Reason: updated information
    09-16-08 04:37 PM
    Hi I'm a new member and have a question. When I had a motorola phone I could set it to ring for only a few people because I work nights. If any other numbers called (#'s saved to my phone book or any other #)it would not ring just show missed call. I haven't been able to figure out how to do it on my 8330 Curve. I figured out how to make the # I have in my phone book silent, but not the # that I don't have in my phonebook

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 03:50 AM
    Hi I'm a new member and have a question. When I had a motorola phone I could set it to ring for only a few people because I work nights. If any other numbers called (#'s saved to my phone book or any other #)it would not ring just show missed call. I haven't been able to figure out how to do it on my 8330 Curve. I figured out how to make the # I have in my phone book silent, but not the # that I don't have in my phonebook

Honestly, I would think you'd get more responses making a new post rather than replying to this one since it seems these topics are unrelated.

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but it sounds like you only want certain numbers to ring and rest just not ring at all?
    09-18-08 08:59 AM
    Yes that's what I want. I'm new at this so sorry about the mix up

09-19-08 03:30 PM
    They seem related to me. Either way you're trying to silence calls from some numbers.

You can store the numbers you want to silence in a contact labeled Mute (or something). Then, while in the address book, edit that contact to add custom ringer -- at the top of the list should be "MUTE".

Problem solved.
    11-05-08 02:42 PM
    I personally created a "special" ringtone that goes in the same spot as loud, normal, quiet, vibrate, that says "school". I'm a high school teacher so every morning I set my ringer to "school". I then added "use active profile exept for:" and listed my mother's, husband's and daycare's numbers to ring thru... the rest are on "school" mode with EVERYTHING set to silent in and out of holster. It has worked like a charm for me. My phone sits on my desk and doesn't vibrate or make any noise (the red LED light blinks when I get a message) unless those three people call and then it rings just like it should.

HTH!!!! Good Luck!
    11-07-08 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD