It's on thecellguru.com for under 7 dollars with 1.99 shipping...is it worth it?

I want to protect my 8900 from possible falls that will create those "dings" on the side.

So can anyone offer some feedback/thoughts on this product? Thanks!
    01-30-09 11:09 PM
    My question to you is... Do you plan to put the phone into a holster or any sort of carrying device? If so the skin is useless unless you carry it seperatly and put it on everytime you take out of the holster/case. I bought one... I only use it when I am home and the phone isn't in the dock charging. I'm waiting on a hardshell case then the skin will be put away to collect dust.

If you just plan to carry the phone in your pocket the skin might be nice. But the rubber texture collects a lot of dust, hair and pocket lint. In my opinion it's useless but this is just an opinion and it all matters how you want to carry the phone around.
    01-30-09 11:29 PM
    I don't like holsters, so no.

I don't keep the phone in my pocket either. I have a quilted backpack that I always have on me, and I keep it in the front pocket. It's not "linty" in there at all so I think it should be okay. I think I heard some say that it wasn't that sticky, just smooth.
    01-30-09 11:31 PM
    It is smooth no doubt... but in time it starts to collect items. I say for $9 you can't go wrong. If you've never tried one now is the time... it's a good price.
    01-30-09 11:35 PM
    I like silicon skins...when I had my 3G (3rd generation that is) iPod (with the touch buttons on top, grey screen hahaha) it had a silicon skin. My sister now uses that iPod still, and it hasn't gotten sticky so that's good.

I'm hoping this one will be the same.
    01-30-09 11:38 PM
    I think you just answered your own question. The silicon skins are pretty much the same. As long as they fit the phone right then it does ths job... I have the BB OEM skin and it fits perfect it makes the 8900 feel like butta' in your hands. Get your credit card out and make the purchase... it sounds like it will be perfect for you.
    01-30-09 11:42 PM
    I ordered a hard shell with a rubbery coating for a sure grip. I think the added protection is worth it. No matter how hard I tried, my 8320 had some dings. I don't want that on my new curve . It device is so much thinner that I think it will fit in my old case. I think you made a good choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 11:46 PM
    Okay, thanks for the advice guys.

I just ordered a silicon skin. It's a nice deep shade of red...maroon I would say. It's like all the others out there that people have had, but just a different colour.

Can't wait to try it on.
    01-30-09 11:53 PM
    It's on thecellguru.com for under 7 dollars with 1.99 shipping...is it worth it?

I want to protect my 8900 from possible falls that will create those "dings" on the side.

So can anyone offer some feedback/thoughts on this product? Thanks!
    TheCellGuru.com ROCKS! I ordered a Indigo Blue Leather Tote and The Blue sleeve for uder 29.00 bucks with S&h. They deliver fast too! Enjoy your Skin I have ordered one of those too lol but on Ebay, I should have ordered one from the CellGuru
    01-31-09 06:14 AM
    I have the skin and it is alright. It definitely does collect a lot of dust when it is in your pocket though. Another thing I don't like is how it "sticks" in your pocket when pulling it out. Once a hard case comes out, ill definitely get that.
    01-31-09 09:30 AM
    i like the old curve bb skin not the new one for 8900 becoz of button area is covered, the problem is camera button is already easy to be pressed, with the skin, it is even worse, the alignment of headset hole isnt correct and the screen area the left and right side doesnt line up parallel so a little bit of silver bezel showing up and it isnt a straight line

but good things from the skin also, the feel is good, the material is fine, it improves grip but at the same time doesnt make it difficult to take it from your pocket, and best of all, the protection.
    01-31-09 06:31 PM
    just got mine today, and it's a perfect fit. really good texture that shouldn't be an issue in the pocket. It will be a perfect pair with the BSE full shield I'm waiting on.
    01-31-09 06:40 PM
    I keep my bb in my pocket with the shin. No problems so far.
    I'm not into the whole hardcase thing.

01-31-09 08:15 PM
    should I get the silicon skin?
    Yes definitely. I can't count how many times i've dropped my curve and the silicon skin has saved it from scratches/cracks on the corners, back battery cover, and the keys. Although it doesn't cover the keys the rubbery part of the skin hits the hard surface which protects it.
    01-31-09 09:29 PM
    I ended up getting my silicon skin in the mail today. Now if only I had a phone to put it on!
    01-31-09 10:52 PM
    Yes definitely. I can't count how many times i've dropped my curve and the silicon skin has saved it from scratches/cracks on the corners, back battery cover, and the keys. Although it doesn't cover the keys the rubbery part of the skin hits the hard surface which protects it.
    I am thinking that I may just keep it in my pocket. However I do now have a BB case for it that I bought. I don't know what I want to do. I was thinking of maybe trying to stretch the case so that the phone will fit with the rubber case on the phone also.
    02-01-09 08:34 AM
    I've carried my 8900 in a silicon skin since day one... I ordered mine on eBay a few weeks before I got my 8900... good investment. I might change over to a horizontal holster once the selection grows.
    02-01-09 08:46 AM
    I really like my silicone skin. Personally, I think holsters look hideous and wouldn't be caught dead with a phone hanging off my belt. That looks almost as bad as some clown walking around with a bluetooth stuck in their ear.
    02-01-09 09:21 AM
    I really like my silicone skin. Personally, I think holsters look hideous and wouldn't be caught dead with a phone hanging off my belt. That looks almost as bad as some clown walking around with a bluetooth stuck in their ear.
    Yeah haha, here people tend to leave it on just to show off they have one (bluetooth handsfree). Ridiculous
    02-01-09 11:18 AM
    i think the hardcase makes the phone look bigger and bulkier. i personally have the skin on it and i love it.
    i also had the skin on my bbpearl and it never once got damaged. it prevented it from dings too. because if i were to drop it, it basically bounced.
    also i like to leave my phone on my dash while driving and it stays there.
    go for the skin
    Last edited by jeinnyz; 02-01-09 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typo
    02-01-09 12:51 PM
    I just keep mine in the holster all the time so a skin would be useless. Depends on how you plan on using it I suppose.

02-01-09 12:58 PM
    i think it's irresponsible not to have anything on the blackberry 8900 to protect it.. that's my take on it.. it does have a value of 400+
    02-01-09 01:31 PM
    I have a leather skin on my 8900, but I don't like it too much.

I would never NOT have a skin of some sort of my 8900. That's just asking for trouble. I'm really protective of my phones!

I can't wait for the silicon skin to arrive.
    02-01-09 01:42 PM
    I kept my 8100 in both a silicon skin and in a little holster while in my pocket, luckily it fit in the holster with the skin on.

I am waiting for a skin and holster for my 8900 to arrive so hopefully I can do the same thing.
    02-01-09 02:58 PM
    I have a leather skin on my 8900, but I don't like it too much.

I would never NOT have a skin of some sort of my 8900. That's just asking for trouble. I'm really protective of my phones!

I can't wait for the silicon skin to arrive.
    I got my Blackberry Silicone case over the weekend. I love it. I'm disappointed that it doesn't fit into the OEM Sleeve anymore. I for one, like the OEM Sleeve. All I need now is my Invisible Shield and I'll be all set. I'm going with the IS and the Silicone Skin. I'm glad I managed not to drop the damn thing while waiting for the Skin.
    02-01-09 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD