The new bold looks pretty solid but I wonder how many people would like/benefit from a shock/waterproof case now that the use of a trackpad instead of a trackball, allows it. It has been confirmed that the trackpad works with a piece of plastic covering it.
    The more people would register their interest, the more chances we have somebody would build it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 05:14 AM
    Hmmmm, otterbox.....

10-27-09 06:23 AM
    I prefer to use my device naked. I dislike any case that stays on the phone while using it. Most that offer real protection make the phone so large and bulky it is hard to use. I have a friend who used a "Otterbox" thing on his phone and he works in a office! LOL!
    10-27-09 06:33 AM
    I had an otterbox for my very first bb. After about a month I gave it to a friend. Hated the bulk and heaviness it added. I've gradually moved away from the indestructible cases as I have gone on in my bb life, but I still have not made it to the naked stage maybe when I get my 9700....then again probably not

10-27-09 06:53 AM
    As far as I know, so far otterboxes are not waterproof, I'm more interested in the waterproof part rather then the shock proof. With a trackball you can't have a completely sealed cover, with a trackpad in theory it's possible now.

I'm full time motorcyclist and there's many other professions out there that could benefit so please don't dismiss it if you're not one of them.

10-27-09 08:32 AM
    sorry, did not mean to be rude Otterbox is about the best that is out there for what you are looking for, BUT as you stated it is not waterproof. There are some cases that allow you to carry your phone and be water proof though. I will track down some links.
    10-27-09 08:48 AM
    Blackberry Curve Waterproof Pouch Case by Aquapac : Keep your Curve protected from water damage: ExtremePDA
    definitely not pretty, but is waterproof. looks like a giant ziplock bag, but if it keeps it safe....
    10-27-09 08:50 AM
    or maybe this one:
    Otterbox 2000 Series Case Clear 2000-01-SJ - Cell Phone Accessories

again, not the best in look, but in function another story

and at otterbox you can get four different colors:
    Waterproof Cases // OtterBox 2000 // OtterBox.com

that's it for me. anyone else find anything?
    Last edited by brook196; 10-27-09 at 08:56 AM.
    10-27-09 08:53 AM
    sorry, did not mean to be rude Otterbox is about the best that is out there for what you are looking for, BUT as you stated it is not waterproof. There are some cases that allow you to carry your phone and be water proof though. I will track down some links.
    No worries

I can picture it in my head, a nice slim, custom made case with a soft clear cover over the front, you know the rubber type, fully sealed.
    Realistically it shouldn't make the 9700 much bigger then the 9000.
    Anything universal is either too big or too small, I would pay for a custom made one.

10-27-09 09:11 AM
    Forgot, Ram, as in ram mounts for gps etc. Does some similar boxes as those posted above. Can't get links as I'm away from my laptop but I'm sure a google search will bring it up

10-27-09 09:18 AM
    I like my phone with no case. I just use the leather case that came with it that locks it. and i only use it so it doesnt get scratched or dial in my pocket
    10-27-09 11:07 AM
    Blackberry Curve Waterproof Pouch Case by Aquapac : Keep your Curve protected from water damage: ExtremePDA
    definitely not pretty, but is waterproof. looks like a giant ziplock bag, but if it keeps it safe....
    i would like something like this at the beach. i got a ton of sand in my trackball over the summer at the beach.
    10-27-09 11:09 AM
    I like my phone with no case. I just use the leather case that came with it that locks it. and i only use it so it doesnt get scratched or dial in my pocket
    With the risk of sounding rude, please only post if you are interested, this thread is about who would like a waterproof case for the new bold, not who wouldn't.

We'll just end up with many pages of useless posts.

In an ideal world nobody would need a case for their phone but some of us could use a waterproof one.

10-27-09 11:40 AM
    Belfastdispatcher - I know the otterbox case/box isn't pretty but if your riding a motorcycle a lot it would definitely be a lot more protective than anything else and be waterproof if it starts raining while you are riding. Just a thought.

10-27-09 11:45 AM
    Hey, I don't care about pretty as long as it keeps the phone dry and safe and it's still usable. Obviously it wouldn't be as easy to use as when there's no cover on it but as long as you can write a quick sms or email in the rain, snow, sandstorm etc I'd buy it.

10-27-09 12:03 PM
    With the risk of sounding rude, please only post if you are interested, this thread is about who would like a waterproof case for the new bold, not who wouldn't.

We'll just end up with many pages of useless posts.

In an ideal world nobody would need a case for their phone but some of us could use a waterproof one.

You asked who would be interested. of course you will be getting posts from people that are debating and offering reasoning why they would not be interested
    10-27-09 03:06 PM
    You asked who would be interested. of course you will be getting posts from people that are debating and offering reasoning why they would not be interested
    Kinda got used to it by now
    And of course you'll be accused you're a hypocrite that your post doesn't relate to the thread and so on and so on. I must say the 9700 section is a lot more civilised then the storm 2 section

10-27-09 03:22 PM
    I cannot live without a case on my phones ... My 3gs has a capsule rebel on it and my 9700 will have one to... And if I could get a shock/water proof one I would buy it immediatly...
    10-27-09 03:51 PM
    I never understood blasting someone over the internet for anything. esp a cell phone. we are a community of blackberry users. we all have something in common
    10-27-09 03:51 PM
    Definitely interested in waterproof protection............I've been searching and reading on this very subject.

Not for everyday use.

Mostly for outdoor activities�.hunting, fishing, etc. Usually this is done in or near lots of water . And, that�s when it�s not also raining . Sometimes having the phone/GPS capabilities/etc. can be a plus.

I like the looks/price of that Otter Case............waterproof to 100ft. Of course a zip lock bag can always be used in a pinch.
    10-27-09 03:55 PM
    Nothing like a twitter update in a sandstorm, ill take 2!
    10-27-09 04:38 PM
    I bought a used ram case off ebay this summer to keep my phone handy on a bike trip(belfast to bucharest/2099 miles in 46 hrs 4 days break then the same on the way back )
    It has a flexible clear rubber front so you can still press buttons. It was a little too big and deep but you can buy smaller ones. It's only waterproof when mounted on a ram mount though.

10-27-09 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD