Since I have been using BBM music, I have noticed that a lot of people seem to be under the impression the program is there so that other people can share music with them and not the actual situation where it only really works if everyone is sharing a decent amount of tracks with everyone else.

Plenty of times I have added new contacts, looking forward to a nice bunch of new tracks to enjoy and then I see they haven't even bothered to add even an album's worth of tracks of their own before going off to invite other people, sometimes they haven't even bothered adding any at all.

Now I understand that people want to get on with adding new people and expanding the amounts of tracks they have available, but try to be fair and spend a little bit of time first and add a decent amount of tracks as soon as you start e.g. if you are worried about not wanting to pick too many and have to use up your swaps too soon then why not add 20-25 as that gives the people you are sharing with a reasonable amount in return for the ones you get from them.

If people don't see why they should bother doing this, they should consider a few points, firstly the more people who have a contact list full of low sharers, the less people who are likely to be interested in signing up to the service in the future and the chance of it failing increases and secondly as people start to hit the contact limit and have to delete somebody to make room for a new one, besides those with a different taste in music, don't you think the ones they will tend to delete are those with few tracks?
    kbill1984 and pkcable like this.
    09-14-11 01:15 PM
    Really I completely agree with you. I hate going through my invites to find someone who has added 2 tracks, and boasts of having 2,000+, thanks for giving something back buddy.

For now though I let it slide as I am sure once the monthly price comes into play the majority of these people will dissappear on their own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 06:39 AM
    I'm starting my own BBM Music playlist today, if you guys are into Brit Pop, Indie and Alternative music, let me know so we could send invitations to each other
    02-24-12 10:58 AM
    If you want 50 songs (barring your country having limitations - I'm in the US), from The Grateful Dead, Genesis, Yes, Pink Floyd, and other similar bands, then feel free to invite me. pkcable(at)crackberry.com
    02-24-12 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD