I just discovered this pretty cool trick today:

If you are trying to use an image for your wallpaper that is high-res or has an odd aspect ratio you can set a portion of it as the wallpaper by zooming in to that area before setting it as the wallpaper.

For example, I tried to set a picture as my wallpaper today that was 1920x1080. When I first set it as a wallpaper it was centered and zoomed to fit the screen width (with black bars above and below). I opened the pic again and zoomed on the section I wanted as my background, clicked to set it and presto! Much easier than going back into photoshop and cropping it.
    09-23-10 03:39 AM
    ive tried this in the past and it didnt work. ill try again and see.
    09-23-10 07:44 AM
    I'm on .602, but I see you're using OS 5 also, so I got nothin'... haha
    09-23-10 12:27 PM
    I just discovered this pretty cool trick today:

If you are trying to use an image for your wallpaper that is high-res or has an odd aspect ratio you can set a portion of it as the wallpaper by zooming in to that area before setting it as the wallpaper.

For example, I tried to set a picture as my wallpaper today that was 1920x1080. When I first set it as a wallpaper it was centered and zoomed to fit the screen width (with black bars above and below). I opened the pic again and zoomed on the section I wanted as my background, clicked to set it and presto! Much easier than going back into photoshop and cropping it.

09-23-10 12:57 PM
    How to make friends and influence people...............
    09-23-10 01:02 PM
    dude you are so lame. this is like the 6th time you used this picture in a thread. you need to be welcomed to last week. people have been using this picture since like 2002. well i know you guys just discovered the internet over there, but at least try.
    09-23-10 03:53 PM
    No reason to be rude.. The OP is just trying to help.

Yeah, it's a great feature! Use it on the daily.
    09-23-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD