Hi, Just got the 9700 upgrade from 9000. I have set a ringtone for all contacts but the factory set tone (classic phone) rings when i get a call, same applies for an SMS.

I have looked at some many other threads and not had any luck.
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
    Please help crackberry users...
    01-05-10 04:56 PM
    what os version are you running?
    01-05-10 04:59 PM
    urmm. its a brand new phone but im not sure, its a different os to the 9000 i was on. how can i find out? thanks for your quick reply
    01-05-10 05:07 PM
    urmm. its a brand new phone but im not sure, its a different os to the 9000 i was on. how can i find out? thanks for your quick reply
    Settings < Options < About will tell you. (3rd line down, v5.0.0.xxx)
    01-05-10 05:08 PM
    thanks xDAXx

its v5.0.0.351
    01-05-10 05:12 PM
    what os version are you running?
    its v5.0.0.351 .

Hope you can help
    01-05-10 05:23 PM
    This may be wrong, but try going to Sounds then Set Ring Tones/Alerts.

I think that's what I did to get it to finally ring correctly. I just got mine too, and had to mess with it for a while to figure out what I did, hence the non-definite answer.
    01-05-10 05:35 PM
    This may be wrong, but try going to Sounds then Set Ring Tones/Alerts.

I think that's what I did to get it to finally ring correctly. I just got mine too, and had to mess with it for a while to figure out what I did, hence the non-definite answer.
    Thanks for your advise, it works when i use my home phone to call my phone, although didnt work when i used a different mobile to call my fone. ahhhh :s
    01-05-10 05:43 PM
    Did you try settings>options>sounds ringtones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 05:57 PM
    Did you try settings>options>sounds ringtones?

I have tried that and it says and looks like the ringtone is set in the normal profile, but when its active it rings with the standard tone.
    01-05-10 06:03 PM
    Try media>ringtones>all ringtones or my ringtones then scroll to the one you want press bb key and select set as

01-05-10 06:25 PM
    Ok if i understand correctly, you have set a ringer for all your calls but when you get a call , you get the classic ringer all the time. If so, go to your sound profile and scroll down to set contact alerts .... delete everyone in that list (if any)
    01-05-10 07:27 PM
    any chance you have your phone plugged into a computer on mass storage mode when you get the calls? If you save your ringtones on your SD card, the BB can't access them on mass mode and will use the default ones.
    01-05-10 09:14 PM
    Thats nuts hope you get it fixed
    01-05-10 11:29 PM
    i found this out the hard way, i knew i had changed my ring tone but when it rang on the default ring, i had this dumb founded look on my face.

any chance you have your phone plugged into a computer on mass storage mode when you get the calls? If you save your ringtones on your SD card, the BB can't access them on mass mode and will use the default ones.
    01-06-10 12:50 AM
    Thanks everyone for you help. It still hasnt fixed the problem. The ringtone is now saved on the device memory and is selected on all profiles but the standard classic tone still rings...

Anyone had this problem or any ideas welcome...

Thanks
    01-06-10 05:12 AM
    Ok if i understand correctly, you have set a ringer for all your calls but when you get a call , you get the classic ringer all the time. If so, go to your sound profile and scroll down to set contact alerts .... delete everyone in that list (if any)
    Genius, reread your post and i had some people, (close family) saved as important calls and that had a standard profile and therefor no custom tone.

Thank you so much sir!
    01-06-10 05:15 AM
    Sound profile > set contact alerts >> delete all custom tone per person (if any)
    Sound profile > set ringtone/alerts >select phone ( very top ) and pick a ring tone

Sound profile is located at the top left of your screen if using default theme. It is a shape of a microphone.

Selected ringtone should now ring for all calls. I hope this helps you.

01-06-10 05:23 AM
    Genius, reread your post and i had some people, (close family) saved as important calls and that had a standard profile and therefor no custom tone.

Thank you so much sir!
    You are very welcomed .... i just didnt want you to pull out all your hair and go bald
    01-06-10 05:47 AM
    I was suffering from the same problem. Thanks for all of the help!
    01-14-10 07:53 PM
    You're a genius! Although I didn't delete everyone but adjusted the ringtones accordingly. However there were people in the list I never sent custom tones for and they were listed 4 times....not sure how that happened.
    02-09-10 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD