First off I had a Seido case for my I760 for 6 months and was VERY happy with it. so I have been looking forward to receiving their case for my storm.
    got it this morning, the "II".
    very hard to get on and imposable to get off without a screwdriver.
    yep a screwdriver!
    you really have to pull HARD the top part to fit over the phone then the bottom part slides up and "clicks" into the top portion. the screwdriver is needed to push in the clicker to pull the bottom off.
    i wasn't really bothered by all that because i remembered it took a wile for my I760 cover to break in.
    BUT, after a while i lost all clicking on the screen. hover worked but no click at all.
    removed the cover and screen click worked!
    Tried twice just to make sure and same thing happened...
    Major design flaw!!!
    12-29-08 04:25 PM
    Do you have a full body armor (one of the GA, IS, BSE, etc) on it?
    12-29-08 04:29 PM
    Nope!
    No reason for both.
    12-29-08 04:33 PM
    Hmm, I just ordered my innocase II this morning so I wont have it for a few days. I'm sure that if there are problems with more than just yours then we'll see them popping up soon. May want to return it and try the Innocase I since it applies differently. Look at the return policy on their website if it doesn't get better...you do have to fill out a form.
    12-29-08 04:37 PM
    It's definitly going back.
    i think it pulls so hard on each side that thats affecting the screen somehow.
    loved the look of the II but the I will work because it fits top to bottom.
    I hope!
    12-29-08 04:41 PM
    Interesting, I was just about to order one. I will hold off until I hear some more reviews. Thanks for the heads up!
    12-29-08 04:43 PM
    No problems with mine at all. I love it. It is a bit tricky to get on and off, but I think it's worth it to have the nice looking protection that it offers.

To get it on, the sides are easy, just put in the side with the 2 buttons first like it says in the instructions. The bottom goes on easy and has 2 small side tabs and a middle of the back tab. Just work it back and forth and the whole thing clips together easily. To get it off, if you squeeze the sides and then push the back tab with a thumbnail, it comes off easily with no screwdriver.

What it doesn't do is slide in and out. Very nice product though!

SidIrish
    12-29-08 04:51 PM
    No problems with mine at all. I love it. It is a bit tricky to get on and off, but I think it's worth it to have the nice looking protection that it offers.

To get it on, the sides are easy, just put in the side with the 2 buttons first like it says in the instructions. The bottom goes on easy and has 2 small side tabs and a middle of the back tab. Just work it back and forth and the whole thing clips together easily. To get it off, if you squeeze the sides and then push the back tab with a thumbnail, it comes off easily with no screwdriver.

What it doesn't do is slide in and out. Very nice product though!

SidIrish
    interesting how two storms can be completely different.
    i put it on and off just as the instructions say and it was very difficult.
    hope it works for you. i really liked the looks of it!
    12-29-08 04:58 PM
    Either of you using it with the holster? Interested to know if it will scratch the top of the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 05:21 PM
    First off I had a Seido case for my I760 for 6 months and was VERY happy with it. so I have been looking forward to receiving their case for my storm.
    got it this morning, the "II".
    very hard to get on and imposable to get off without a screwdriver.
    yep a screwdriver!
    you really have to pull HARD the top part to fit over the phone then the bottom part slides up and "clicks" into the top portion. the screwdriver is needed to push in the clicker to pull the bottom off.
    i wasn't really bothered by all that because i remembered it took a wile for my I760 cover to break in.
    BUT, after a while i lost all clicking on the screen. hover worked but no click at all.
    removed the cover and screen click worked!
    Tried twice just to make sure and same thing happened...
    Major design flaw!!!
    Ret,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your case.

The Innocase II design was very popular with the iPhone 3G, so we wanted to design the top to simply slide on the same way, but because of the audio jack it wouldn't work. We then went with the snap over design and slide-on bottom. I have the iPhone 3G, and I understand that it may sometimes feel like that clip doesn't want to budge. If you'll wiggle the bottom piece a little back and forth it should free up pretty easily.

We definitely don't recommend using a screwdriver.

If you'd like to swap out your case, please email your contact and original order information to [email protected] and I'll make sure you're taken care of. We would like you or any customer to be pleased with our product(s).

Thanks,
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 12-29-08 at 06:29 PM.
    12-29-08 06:20 PM
    Ret,

The Innocase II design was very popular with the iPhone 3G, so we wanted to design the top to simply slide on the same way, but because of the audio jack it wouldn't work. We then went with the snap over design and slide-on bottom. I have the iPhone 3G, and I understand that it may sometimes feel like that clip doesn't want to budge. If you'll wiggle the bottom piece a little back and forth it should free up pretty easily.

If you'd like to swap out your case, please email your contact and original order information to [email protected] and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

Thanks,
    Now that's customer service
    12-29-08 06:24 PM
    Ret,

The Incas II design was very popular with the iPhone 3G, so we wanted to design the top to simply slide on the same way, but because of the audio jack it wouldn't work. We then went with the snap over design and slide-on bottom. I have the iPhone 3G, and I understand that it may sometimes feel like that clip doesn't want to budge. If you'll wiggle the bottom piece a little back and forth it should free up pretty easily.

If you'd like to swap out your case, please email your contact and original order information to [email protected] and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

Thanks,
    Thank You!!!!
    Like I said before I used your case on my I760 and was VERY pleased.
    i will replace with the "I"
    Again thanks
    12-29-08 06:24 PM
    Either of you using it with the holster? Interested to know if it will scratch the top of the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I ordered the holster separately Friday and don't expect it for a couple of days but if it lined the same as the Innocase II i suspect NO problem with any scratches.
    12-29-08 06:28 PM
    i've got the seidio spring holster, and i love it. I originally bought verizons, but trashed it after receiving the new holster. top quality.
    12-29-08 06:32 PM
    Any luck the inno 1 will ship before next week?
    12-29-08 06:50 PM
    I won't be getting a holster. I'm one of those people in life that things just happen to them, so need a bit more weather type protection for my phone. I have it in a side pouch now and will get another one that doesn't have 'holes' in it.

But, from all else I've heard, these guys make the best ones.

SidIrish
    12-29-08 08:23 PM
    i like the OP had an Innocase for my i760. loved it. best protection i could get for the phone. when i got a crack in the case, they were great about sending a replacement for me.

my question is to those who chose the innocase II over the I. what lead you to make that decision. i'm wanting to get one of these, and quite possibly with the accompanying holster. just not sure if there was any deciding factor for getting the II over the I (which covers more than the II).

to seidioseidio, is there a deal if you get an innocase plus the holster?
    12-29-08 08:37 PM
    yeah, at the bottom of the page you have combos that will save you 10-15 bucks.
    12-29-08 08:43 PM
    i like the OP had an Innocase for my I760. loved it. best protection i could get for the phone. when i got a crack in the case, they were great about sending a replacement for me.

my question is to those who chose the innocase II over the I. what lead you to make that decision. i'm wanting to get one of these, and quite possibly with the accompanying holster. just not sure if there was any deciding factor for getting the II over the I (which covers more than the II).

to seidioseidio, is there a deal if you get an Innocase plus the holster?
    The look of it. but it really doesn't matter too much. Whats more important is the protection and something that doesn't slide around in my big hands.
    also I liked the holster with my I760. the combo is great, easy to get to when it rings. Much easier than my BB leather case I now have.
    12-29-08 08:57 PM
    I called seidio this morning and they said the inno case 1 is actually 2 pieces. You can take the back off (to take out the battery) while leaving the top part on. They have already shipped my inno case II so I will see what a pain it is to take it off once or twice a day to do a battery reset. Seidio said they would gladly exchange it for the other one if I wish.
    Last edited by wmgolden; 12-30-08 at 09:57 AM.
    12-30-08 09:54 AM
    I ordered my case last Monday, I hope I get it soon!!!
    12-30-08 10:08 AM
    This really does come down to personal preference. The original Innocase offers more protection especially at the top where the buttons are, but many people think the Innocase II looks a little more stylish and looks cooler!. I really can't make the decision for you because I have an iPhone! (actually I have a Curve too!)

Thanks,
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 12-30-08 at 12:23 PM.
    12-30-08 12:15 PM
    I have to agree with OP. I received my case today and it wouldn't allow me to click the screen when in the case. I called Seidio and spoke with Thomas.(He was very friendly) They are sending me a replacement II. I think I will have the exact same problem, but I agreed.

He mentioned that they would test it before they sent it to me. I was a little surprised at that comment. I figured it was tested extensively before being sold.

I really like the look and feel of the case and want it to work, but at this point I am going to probably have to wait for the 1 to come out.

I didn't have the problems taking it out of the case the OP had, but it was not very easy. (no screwdriver required)

I have nothing on my phone except a screen protector so I believe this to be a design flaw.
    12-30-08 03:07 PM
    i got mine today and it reads "read instructions first"....i didnt read it until i had the case on and fits like a glove.....smooth to put on...havent taken it off yet......great looking case...thanks seido
    12-30-08 03:47 PM
    I have to agree with OP. I received my case today and it wouldn't allow me to click the screen when in the case. I called Seidio and spoke with Thomas.(He was very friendly) They are sending me a replacement II. I think I will have the exact same problem, but I agreed.

He mentioned that they would test it before they sent it to me. I was a little surprised at that comment. I figured it was tested extensively before being sold.

I really like the look and feel of the case and want it to work, but at this point I am going to probably have to wait for the 1 to come out.

I didn't have the problems taking it out of the case the OP had, but it was not very easy. (no screwdriver required)

I have nothing on my phone except a screen protector so I believe this to be a design flaw.
    DSK,

I pulled some cases and tried them with our screen protector and a couple of others and have been unable to duplicate the problem no matter how hard I tried.

Keep working with Thomas...he's one of our best and should be able to help you figure out what's going on.

Thanks,
    12-30-08 03:56 PM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD