It seems that the Sedio case and holster is the competition for the Otterbox. The 8350i Otterbox Defender issues have alledgedly been resolved (misplaced magnet and echo problem).

If you own one of these, I would love to hear the case (no pun intended) for your Blackberry's trusty companion. Thanks!
    08-18-09 08:59 PM
    I own both and all I can comment on is my own personal preferences. The Otterbox works well, and probably protects it better in case of a decent length fall, but I find it and its holster way to bulky for my tastes. If I wanted a 580i I would have bought one. lol

There are two different Sedio cases, one that offers full phone protection, including the screen and keyboard, and one that just covers the the housing. I own both of those as well, (yes I have spent more money on cases than I have on the phone itself...lol) but use the one without the screen and keyboard protector. Its just easier for me to use the keyboard without "dust cover". Plus, since I put 3m screen protectors on all my phones anyway, the ones built into cases are just not that important to me.

The bottom line is simple, for serious protection, the Otterbox is probably the better choice..... But..... if you want your Blackberry to look and feel more like the Blackberry you bought and still have it protected, the Sedio is the way to go.

Hope that helps

Von
    08-19-09 05:26 AM
    Although I do not have the Seidio I do have the Otterbox. As v sprad mentioned it is very good for fall protection and overall coverage. I have had my OB for about 6 months now and have found the cover for the usb and ear piece has now broken off. Also the clip on the back has broken as a result of many squeezes on and off of a belt. although the OB is very good protection and well worth the $'s, I am in a position of do I get a replacment OB or switch to Siedio 360.
    08-19-09 08:21 AM
    I have the innocase 360. Now i work as a customer service rep inside a store, so i do not need the protection of the OB. So i bought the 360 because i like the idea of the keyboard cover and built in screen protector. The Screen protector has had air bubbles in it from day one that i got it, nothing you can really do and the keyboard cover isn't great. Keys arent raised enough and find myself hitting the wrong key with my fingers. But the protection it offers to prevent anything from happening like a spill on the keyboard or getting dirt in the keys, it works well. Just not super sexy and has some drawbacks.
    08-19-09 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD