Seidioonline - Your Leading Manufacturer of Smartphone Accessories

ok - so i got my Sena case the other day and have been using it. It was decent enough but the case doesn't sleep my phone and i push buttons as i am pulling it out of the holster... returning tomorrow because the Seidio is EXACTLY what i wanted and it looks great too...

the things i want to stress here are:

1 - Spring-clip for quick access
    2 - “sleeper” function to conserve battery works!
    3 - Compatible with Extended Batteries (eventually)
    4 - Excellent construction and feel
    5 - No button presses or dropped Storm

1 - the spring clip works flawlessly with my Phantom Skinz on - the fit is snug and the belt clip is close to my belt line so it doesn't look like it's hanging out in the wind... better yet, it's adjustable. this means i can swivel the case for when i get into my car and need to buckle my safety belt at will. the spring clip is very secure also - i was surprised at this because the phones i have seen with this type of clip often look like they are just hanging out there - this one is GORGEOUS.

2 - sleeper function! YAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOO - my battery life has been extended significantly from this feature ALONE! the Sena case, while very plush, did not work with the Storm for this function. I might get 2 days out of a charge now

3 - compatible with extended batteries - when they come out, i'm buying one as i will be using my phone more often during business meetings and such - a large plus for me

4 - excellent construction and feel - this case feels so luxurious. everything about it from the felt plate for the touch screen to the rubberized plastic exudes class and premium quality. the clip is latched based so it wont come off my belt of the phone is tugged on. and it's subdued matte black so it isn't flashing people all over the place either. that was another plus as my Sena case seemed a bit gaudy.

5 - no more button presses or dropped Storm - what else can i say? the way in which i remove my Storm from the case significantly reduces the likelihood of me dropping the phone, and in the process, there are no buttons pressed. one could not ask for more in a business oriented or casual user case IMHO

here are some pics i shot as well
    12-03-08 10:45 PM
    dunno if it's just me, but i can only view ur first jpeg, others get an error, nvm, i can see 'em now

nice review tho, can't wait for the innocase and holster to come out
    Last edited by phillypharm; 12-03-08 at 10:54 PM.
    12-03-08 10:48 PM
    dunno if it's just me, but i can only view ur first jpeg, others get an error

nice review tho, can't wait for the innocase and holster to come out
    I did at first then was all to see them all.

I am digging the look of this clip. I am definetly going to order this next week or when it goes on sale
    12-03-08 10:55 PM
    i feel so fortunate - i've never owned a case this luxurious and functional before. it's just awesome.
    12-03-08 10:58 PM
    I did at first then was all to see them all.

I am digging the look of this clip. I am definetly going to order this next week or when it goes on sale
    this holster is already available

the innocase and holster is not yet tho (not sure if u were talking about the innocase and innocase holster) or this holster reviewed

coming soon:

12-03-08 10:58 PM
    Thanks for the review. I have pondered the $10 to get a regular holster vs. the $25 to get the Seidio. Sound like the extra is really worth it!
    12-03-08 10:59 PM
    Thanks for the review. I have pondered the $10 to get a regular holster vs. the $25 to get the Seidio. Sound like the extra is really worth it!
    I think it is - the plastic has such a rich feel to it and is so thick - it feels solid - like my phone was built into it or something.

The felt keeps my screen nice and clean too

wonderful product, worth every penny. ***** HIGHLY recommended
    12-03-08 11:09 PM
    Only problem with this holster, like many other plastic clip ones is that the "aluminum" style frame on the storm will be worn out quite quickly from removing it in and out.

I've used the case since the release day of the storm, and on the bottom by the green send key on the chrome/aluminum frame, it is starting to wear and turn black. (I guess its just painted or something of that nature)
    12-04-08 12:28 AM
    pix arent working for me at all.. i was considering getting this case but im just gonna wait for the innocase/holster
    12-04-08 12:37 AM
    I've used the case since the release day of the storm, and on the bottom by the green send key on the chrome/aluminum frame, it is starting to wear and turn black. (I guess its just painted or something of that nature)
    Seems to me that the Phantomskinz he's got installed would prevent that. And Actually, while I'm here, a couple of questions. I've got a phantom set on the way, how are you liking it a few days out?

Also, a newbish question, but I DID search: This will be my first Blackberry, and I'm curious as to whether one can send/receive calls as normal using a bluetooth headset while the phone was in sleeper mode in the holster. Can anyone confirm/deny? I assume the answer is yes, but I'd like to know for sure before I invest in the clip.
    12-04-08 12:57 AM
    ^^
    thats a good question... i would like to know as well.
    12-04-08 01:21 AM
    To he ll with the clip, where's the extended battery Seidio talked about?!?!?
    12-04-08 01:22 AM
    Anybody know of any discount/coupon promotions for seidio? I know they had some for last month...
    12-04-08 01:41 AM
    Only problem with this holster, like many other plastic clip ones is that the "aluminum" style frame on the storm will be worn out quite quickly from removing it in and out.

We just started shipping this holster on 12/1, so I don't think you're talking about our product.

Thanks,
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 12-04-08 at 10:30 AM.
    12-04-08 07:42 AM
    Has anybody tried the VZW plastic holster? Just curious, I ordered the leather pouch or holster and wondered about the plastic holster.....?
    12-04-08 07:59 AM
    ordered mine tuesday. shipped yesterday. getting storm tomorrow, hope the holster comes too. would be perfect!!!! hopefully it will be here!!!
    12-04-08 11:01 AM
    We just started shipping this holster on 12/1, so I don't think you're talking about our product.

Thanks,
    No, Im talking about your product. Unless you have figured out a way to make the Storm levitate in air while being holstered, you cant stop the fact that the frame will start to wear down because of friction.
    12-04-08 11:17 AM
    Quick Question:

On my old phone the "holster" released from the belt clip. During winter time Normal movement would casue my Seatbelt to release the "holster" beneith my longer winter jacket (without me being aware of it) sending my phone crashing to the ground as I stepped out of the vehicle.

Would I be likely to experiance the same problem with this case?

I wound up purcahsing a magnesium case for my Treo, just so the the case could take the lion's share of the impact, but that isn't a practicle solution for a touch/click phone.
    12-04-08 11:56 AM
    No, Im talking about your product. Unless you have figured out a way to make the Storm levitate in air while being holstered, you cant stop the fact that the frame will start to wear down because of friction.
    no your not talking about the seidio product. Seidio's was not even out until 3 days ago so how have you been using it for weeks? you may have the BB or whichever other one they sell at Verizon or Best Buy.
    12-04-08 12:28 PM
    Thank so much the1sen's you answered both my questions is the seidio hoolster any good and it it works with phantom skinz thanks!!! Now i will be doing a order soon on this holster
    12-04-08 12:34 PM
    Chris,

While I can't speak to the quality of the Storm's finish, I can tell you that our holster is designed specifically to try and prevent this type of damage.

Our spring clip at the top is designed to be lifted instead of being held by simple tension. This allows the user to lift their device from the holster as opposed to "dragging" it out.

We also coat the entire holster with a soft touch material for even more protection.

BTW...we are working on that levitation thing, but haven't quite figured it out yet!

Thanks,
    12-04-08 12:51 PM
    ^^ anyword on when the innocase/holster will be available for preorder?
    12-04-08 01:00 PM
    I don't like any of these "love handle reminder" type holsters. If the top edge is this high relative to your belt, the phone, or parts of the holster to be more precise, are always digging into your side. Very uncomfortable, and I have decidedly small love handles. I'd imagine seriously overweight people would want to chuck these things as far away as possible! Maybe people with wide-set hip bones and no waist at all would find them pleasant to wear.

--bg
    12-04-08 01:04 PM
    I carried this same style holster for over a year with my Samsung i760. It was a quality product and rotated to horizontal for the love handle crowd.
    12-04-08 01:15 PM
    Quick Question:

On my old phone the "holster" released from the belt clip. During winter time Normal movement would casue my Seatbelt to release the "holster" beneith my longer winter jacket (without me being aware of it) sending my phone crashing to the ground as I stepped out of the vehicle.
    I've had that happened to me before, there's nothing more devastating than stepping out of your car and hearing.....*CLUNK* as your phone nails the blacktop. This holster looks pretty solid and you can rotate it as you need so it stays comfortable while you have a seat belt on.
    12-04-08 01:26 PM
140 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD