I purchased the adapter from the CB shop.

I use it to listen to music in my car.

With the two connectors inserted completely as they should be I only get left channel in the car.

If I pull the Male end from the car out of the adapter a little and wiggle it I can get both channels.

The guy are Radio Shack said I need a different adapter for my blackberry, one which is only set up for stereo not for an ear piece. As far as I could tell from the description here: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=nUC2Wan5

"This product provides high-quality audio output and allows you to plug in any stereo device that has a standard 3.5mm audio jack, such as your favorite pair of headphones"

If it's designed for use with head phones, why would it not work with my aux
    in on my car stereo?

Any thoughts? Anyone had similar problems? Is it time for me to buy some different hardware? What's the crack?

cheers
    07-23-08 04:30 PM
    The cable that is connecting the adapter to your car stereo, is it a stereo cable? Its also possible that it is just a contact problem between the adapter and cable used to connect to the car stereo. It's also possible either the adapter or cable are faulty.

To find out what's what let's test some stuff. 1st test a set of headphones that doesn't also have a microphone. If things work fine I would assume that the adapter is ok. Next test is to use the same cable used to connect to your car with another stereo (car or household) and see if the same problem occurs on the other stereos too. Then test another cable (different brand may be the best) to connect between the adapter and your car stereo. Post back with the results of these tests. This should give a good idea of what needs to be done to remedy the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 12:06 AM
    Thanks for the reoly. Turned out it was the adapter I had bought was faulty.

I went to the local mobile phone store and bought a new one. $10 problem solved.

I was just interested to know if I had bought the wrong product in the first place, but it doesn't look that way.

Cheers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 03:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD