Hi all.
    For those who have purchased or are thinking of purchasing the Seidio spring clip holster, be aware that the holster will wear the chrome trim off the Storm. This happens quickly, as the holster has not been out all that long.
    The clip is rubber coated and rubs the chrome at 3 points. I have chrome missing from the bottom corner and on the front of the phone (were it really shows) on each side , halfway down.
    Be aware of this since it really makes the phone look bad. I am very disappointing in the design flaw of this item.
    Also, anyone know where I can get replacement chrome and what the procedure is?
    02-23-09 06:15 AM
    02-23-09 07:21 AM
    Weird. I've had the spring clip holster since it came out and I have no signs of wear. And believe me, it comes in/out a LOT.
    02-23-09 07:39 AM
    I also have the Seidio spring clip holster. I preordered it before it was released. I have had no problems with it. I used one with my Palm Treo for over a year with no problems there either.
    02-23-09 08:10 AM
    No problems here either, BUT I do have a bodygaurdz on my Storm. What really impressed me about the springclip was the quality of the belt clip, it's the best I have EVER used. This one will not break.
    02-23-09 08:29 AM
    I also have the Spring Clip, have had it for approx. two weeks now. No issues yet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 08:52 AM
    no problem with wearing chrome as it is covered AND, in your case, it will cover up the wear that has already occurred.
    02-23-09 09:08 AM
    No problems here either, BUT I do have a bodygaurdz on my Storm. What really impressed me about the springclip was the quality of the belt clip, it's the best I have EVER used. This one will not break.
    agreed very durable for aftermarket and i use the spring clip with the gel case so it wouldn't wear on my phone either way.
    02-23-09 09:51 AM
    I have a little tiny rub mark on the left chrome part on the bottom and middle but its not threw the chrome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 10:07 AM
    Just to be clear, do silicone skins fit into the Innocase Spring Clip? Or are they too big?
    02-23-09 10:10 AM
    i have no issues neither. however, i do have a phantomskinz full body armor on it as well
    02-23-09 10:51 AM
    I have to agree with the OP. I have the BSE full body, which does protect the chrome. But, from almost day one with the holster, their have been detents in the protective material. I'm pretty sure it will eventualy wear through the skin, and affect the chrome finish.

I'm not glad it's happening to someone else, but I am convinced now that it is a design element that needs to be fixed.
    02-23-09 01:52 PM
    lot's of luck with thinking seidio will change the design
    02-23-09 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD