I too encourage others to call/chat to both confirm what I have found (and what those that already bought and received have found) and to express displeasure. What an incredibly stupid move for Seidio.
    I totally agree with you ifarlow I think it was an incredibly bad move on Seidio's part. I went on chat with them today and expressed my disappointment. The lady from cs said she would be forwarding my thoughts to product development. I'm hoping if they get enough noise about this that they will make some changes. Who knows. I wonder if the Seidio rep that posts on here is reading any of these threads/posts.
    10-05-11 08:38 PM
    UPDATE: Great news! Got a message from Seidio and they have heard the complaints. As a result, they are putting the magnet in the holsters from now on. So, once I know for sure the holsters have the magnet, I will reorder one for my 9930.
    10-06-11 12:03 PM
    UPDATE: Great news! Got a message from Seidio and they have heard the complaints. As a result, they are putting the magnet in the holsters from now on. So, once I know for sure the holsters have the magnet, I will reorder one for my 9930.
    POWER TO THE PEOPLE!! This day will live long in BlackBerry history!! Thanks for the update ifarlow.
    10-06-11 01:59 PM
    I just got mine and it's molded for a round magnet in the center but there's of course no magnet there. But...the round magnet from the OEM holster fits perfectly in there. I carefully pealed back the padded backing and glued the battery in place. It looks factory. Just an option for those who already got theres.
    Last edited by otacon72; 10-06-11 at 02:22 PM.
    10-06-11 02:20 PM
    So did the holster work properly after the surgery?
    10-06-11 02:34 PM
    So did the holster work properly after the surgery?
    Yup it goes to sleep when clipped in and wakes when you take it out. It places the magnet right over the touch pad when it's clipped in which is where the sensor is. Ironic in that the OEM holster has two magnets. A rectangular one in the middle that puts the 99xx to sleep and a round one in the upper corner. I have no idea what that round one does but that's the one that fits perfectly in the Seidio holster.

I'm glad to see they are putting the magnet back in though. It can't cost them more than a few dollars to produce these things even with the magnet. They're making huge profits on them.
    Last edited by otacon72; 10-06-11 at 03:01 PM.
    10-06-11 02:50 PM
    Nice. Isn't the round one the magnet that keeps the top strap of the OEM holster closed? On a side note, you keep saying battery. You mean magnet, right?
    10-06-11 02:55 PM
    I have been waiting for this holster, I can't believe they didn't think to put a magnet in it.

I just emailed customer service and am waiting for confirmation the magnet is being added to the product. Thanks for the heads-up everyone.
    10-06-11 03:02 PM
    Nice. Isn't the round one the magnet that keeps the top strap of the OEM holster closed? On a side note, you keep saying battery. You mean magnet, right?
    Yes magnet..lol I changed it. You're right I was looking at the OEM holster wrong, that is the magnet that holds the top flap closed. Funny that it fits perfectly in the place on the Seidio holster.
    10-06-11 03:02 PM
    Reply from customer service:

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. All of our holsters shipping now will include a magnet that activates the sleeper function, including our spring-clip holster for a non-cased BlackBerry Bold 9900. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 832-204-1118.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service
    10-06-11 04:42 PM
    I guess what concerns me is where the clip hits the back of the phone. Does that part scratch the back of the phone or is the clip part have a rubber piece there for protection.
    With my previous holsters from Seidio, the part of my phone that got scratched is the top frame where the clip hits the device when holstering. The device pushes the clip up to fit in, then springs back down into position. Forced me to get into the habit of pushing the clip up with a finger while inserting the bb, then letting the clip spring back down to hold the device.
    10-07-11 04:26 PM
    Update - Seidio's facebook page says they are going to start putting the magnets in the spring clip holster but not for several weeks.
    10-10-11 07:29 PM
    The delay doesn't surprise me. These items are made in China and making a change (no matter how small) means that there will be a delay before the change is realized. At least the change is being made.
    10-11-11 06:13 AM
    Suck. I just bought one of these too. Guess I'll be performing surgery on it as well...

EDIT: I ordered my holster on October 9th, and I received it today, October 14th. I am happy to announce that there IS a magnet inside the holster, behind the felt/cloth like the other seidio holsters, and YES, it sleeps when my 9930 is placed inside the holster like it should. I'd say its safe to order one now

Seidio, thank you!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SpiritsFade; 10-15-11 at 03:20 AM.
    10-11-11 01:22 PM
    Heads up, Seidio now shows the magnet built-in to the spring clip holster on their site. Ordering now!
    10-24-11 07:43 PM
    I ordered the Seidio Active clip from Shop CrackBerry on Oct 12 and it came without the magnet. I ordered one a few days later from Seidio that DID arrive with the magnet. When I complained to ShopCB, they told me that since they (CB) did not list the sleeper magnet in the description, that they weren't required to replace it. They referred me to Seidio. Seidio is replacing it for me.

Good on Seidio for taking care of it. Bad on ShopCB for telling me to pack sand.
    10-24-11 08:32 PM
    Does anyone know yet if the one offered on CrackBerry has the sleeper magnet yet. I'd prefer to order from here. CB's website does not yet say it has the magnet, unlike the Seidio site. Just wondering.
    10-30-11 10:34 AM
    niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
    10-30-11 07:01 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD