I was at Best Buy yesterday shopping for a case for my tour and came across this: Platinum Series - Case for BlackBerry 9630 Mobile Phones - Black - BDC29SB

Looks exactly like the Seidio Innocase Surface and the locking auto-standby holster. Just wondering if Seidio and the Best Buy "Platinum" brand were the same thing, or if the Best Buy product was a knock off of Seidio that has a high price tag.
    12-19-09 02:59 AM
    I think they are the same thing.

If you look here, it says both seidio and platinum series. :]

Seidio - Platinum Series Case for BlackBerry Curve 8520 Mobile Phones - Pink - G-CS8520-PK
    12-19-09 03:24 AM
    do you have experience with these cases?
    12-19-09 03:31 AM
    Yes with this particular case for the 9630 it is the seidio innocase they are selling. Other platinum series cases best buy uses other brands for some of them. Some are incipio and seidio you just have to look at the bottom on the package.
    12-19-09 01:08 PM
    This happens with Verizon as well. Their clips are seidio... Just repackaged but not rebranded.
    12-20-09 02:39 PM
    This happens with Verizon as well. Their clips are seidio... Just repackaged but not rebranded.
    Verizon tends to do that alot with there products
    12-20-09 03:42 PM
    yes they are made by seidio. but the one for the 9550 is mad my incipio (or however you spell it)
    12-20-09 07:42 PM
    Have you all found this still to be the case with newer model Blackberry accessories? I know that with the Pearl, Curve,8830, and Storm Verizon carried the Seidio Innocase and holster in several colors. Recently though, I haven't seen any Seidio products for newer devices such as the Tour, Storm 2, or Curve 8530. I have seen Seidio products for other devices, just no longer Blackberries.
    12-21-09 07:51 AM
    Seidio has made cases for recent devices, I have one of the Seidio Platinum cases on my Tour right now.
    12-21-09 08:08 AM
    Seidio has made cases for recent devices, I have one of the Seidio Platinum cases on my Tour right now.
    I'm not sure my question was clear but I was asking if Verizon still carries Seidio accessories for the Tour. I am aware that Seidio still makes products for newer devices as I too have a Seidio Innocase 2 that my Tour is in right now. I'm just wondering if the Platinum Series line of cases are the only Seidio products available locally for newer Blackberries.....
    12-21-09 01:39 PM
    JR-rider the answer to your question is yes.
    12-23-09 10:57 AM
    I have both and they are not the same. The latching system for the Storm2 from Seidio is much better. BTW I don't care for either one. I have gone back to a skin and a leather case.
    12-30-09 06:17 PM
    Some of them are Seidio and some are Incipio. If you look on the bottom of the box it will tell you which is which.
    01-04-10 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD