what do you guys think about this?
    i am considering to purchase this since i wont have to use a different back plate or anything which is a big +.

my storm gets drained way quick during the day, with just mild texting and maybe some facebook apps and emails. no major use or extensive use. even after about 4 hours of working and not touching my storm it drains a good bar 1/2.

50 for a 15% in battery.. not too shabby

anyone else going to purchase this battery?
    01-12-09 05:57 PM
    I've been thinking about it. I can't justify it right now though. My battery lasts all day with heavy texting/emailing and surfing with a few phone calls.
    01-12-09 06:03 PM
    I eventually will since I can't stand the capacity of standard batteries. Its also nice to have a spare.

There's also a 2600mAh battery available on 1/12.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 06:05 PM
    Wentouch ... are you sure? Today is the 12th.
    01-12-09 07:26 PM
    have you tried updating to a leaked OS? I'd say my usage is on par w/ yours, & w/ .85 I was lasting about 2 days before necessary charge.....i'm on .86 now so hopefully it'll improve even more!
    01-12-09 07:33 PM
    Wentouch ... are you sure? Today is the 12th.
    I think so.

Just checked and technically says shipping begins week of 1/12.

01-12-09 07:41 PM
    As of right now the battery I have is working just fine for me. Somewhere down the line I am planning on getting a spare. This one sounds promising.

01-12-09 08:18 PM
    mine shipped Saturday.
    01-12-09 08:20 PM
    What about the power cell. Recharges the battery up to 3 times before needing its own recharge. $49.
    blackberrysource.com/store/catalog.asp?item=5007]Blackberry Source.com - PowerCELL Backup Power Supply
    01-12-09 08:46 PM
    I bought the extra capacity batteries from Seidio for my old Palm. I was very happy with the performance. Right now I am getting what I need from the Storms battery so I'm not going to buy it.
    01-12-09 09:10 PM
    Mine shipped today. I am getting mediocre life from my current Storm battery, even with the updated OS's. Although, I do use this device VERY heavily during the day haha. I think it'll be nice to have a spare battery.
    01-12-09 09:20 PM
    What about the power cell. Recharges the battery up to 3 times before needing its own recharge. $49.
    blackberrysource.com/store/catalog.asp?item=5007]Blackberry Source.com - PowerCELL Backup Power Supply
    Wow. I think I may just take this route over an extended battery.

Thanks
    01-12-09 10:06 PM
    very happy with this purchase.
    it's "just enough" to keep me from getting a Low Battery alert at any point throughout the day.
    don't you usually think... "if only i had another hour?"
    01-12-09 10:16 PM
    I can't justify that cost...I'm getting 48 hours out of the stock battery.
    01-12-09 10:43 PM
    oh man i might wait for the 2600mAh to come out!! that would be nice...

took the phone off the charger at 11am and its dead by 9 pm
    today i come home from work and my phones dead

global is off, 86 update, no applications other than the defaults running, and mild texting and maybe 1 phone call

EDIT: nvm the 2600 requires a new back and it a little fatter i wouldnt like that
    Last edited by enphenate; 01-12-09 at 11:43 PM.
    01-12-09 11:41 PM
    its all about letting it drain till the battery meter turns red. then give it the full charge. if i do this i get 3 days easy. If i don't, its more like 2 days.

it has not mattered what os i have had installed. like clockwork.
    01-13-09 12:23 AM
    I'll be buying it as a spare for the road. But I want to read a couple reviews first on it, so I'll wait a week.

I've had a couple instances of my Storm not turning off when I shut it down overnight (even though I waited for the Verizon logo to dim and even hit buttons to make sure the phone was completely off), and would not want to fly cross country only to have my Storm dead on arrival for a business trip.

So I'll get one for peace of mind (or if I decide to watch movies on it on long fights, so I can pop in the new one when I land).
    01-13-09 03:00 PM
    My standard battery is killing me. Charged fully overnight... used in the car on the way to work (bluetooth on but plugged into the car charger... 20 minutes tops)... Bluetooth off entire day after that initial drive and my phone dies before 4:00 PM.

Switched batteries with my boyfriend thinking maybe I had a crappy battery and still the same issues. He is getting at least 24 hours.. his usage is the same as mine (we basically only talk to each other while at work)... to top that off, I made sure all our settings were the same... STILL CRAPPY.

Nothing running in the background... adjusted back light to save juice... removed all 3rd party apps... I mean... I have read and read and tried and tried.

I'm afraid that if I get the extended battery I will have the same issues.
    01-13-09 09:08 PM
    My standard battery is killing me. Charged fully overnight... used in the car on the way to work (bluetooth on but plugged into the car charger... 20 minutes tops)... Bluetooth off entire day after that initial drive and my phone dies before 4:00 PM.

Switched batteries with my boyfriend thinking maybe I had a crappy battery and still the same issues. He is getting at least 24 hours.. his usage is the same as mine (we basically only talk to each other while at work)... to top that off, I made sure all our settings were the same... STILL CRAPPY.

Nothing running in the background... adjusted back light to save juice... removed all 3rd party apps... I mean... I have read and read and tried and tried.

I'm afraid that if I get the extended battery I will have the same issues.
    Is your sim card still in?
    Are your ringtones and wallpapers on the device memory instead of the card?
    The Seidos are good batteries, and you will see a difference.

01-13-09 09:33 PM
    Is your sim card still in?
    Are your ringtones and wallpapers on the device memory instead of the card?
    The Seidos are good batteries, and you will see a difference.

I have the same issue, sort of. Five hours off the charger, very limited use, 60% battery.

My wallpaper came on the unit, I don't use ringtones (vibrate only), and I'm still down that much.
    I thought it was normal. I get about 7 hours out of the battery most days.

I think this needs to go back. Sadly.
    01-13-09 09:51 PM
    I'm planning to buy the 2600mAh in a few weeks. I only wish the cover was a bit more streamlined. Ultimately, it will be my backup for long trips. Who couldn't use more battery power?
    01-13-09 09:59 PM
    I have the same issue, sort of. Five hours off the charger, very limited use, 60% battery.

My wallpaper came on the unit, I don't use ringtones (vibrate only), and I'm still down that much.
    I thought it was normal. I get about 7 hours out of the battery most days.

I think this needs to go back. Sadly.
    It's not normal. With .85 I was getting 15 hours of heavy use including streaming music for an hour and finishing the day with an easy 25% left. Try. Pulling your sim card.

01-13-09 10:15 PM
    It's not normal. With .85 I was getting 15 hours of heavy use including streaming music for an hour and finishing the day with an easy 25% left. Try. Pulling your sim card.

The problem with pulling the sim card is I go out of the country fairly often. Yeah, it might help, but I really would rather keep it in the phone than put it somewhere and risk losing/damaging/forgetting it.

Part of the draw of the Storm was it's world capabilities.
    01-13-09 10:27 PM
    I am charging my battery all night and by 4pm the next day my battery is about to die. I talk maybe an hour but have my facebook application open all day and get about 30 emails daily. Any ideas on how to maximize battery life?
    01-13-09 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD