That sounds like a good plan actually. Kind of like temporarily using a spare-tire donut on a car.

How long is the re-charge time with the external charger and your OEM battery? I was looking into getting that when I have to travel.

I was just worried you had bought an "OEM" from a third-party seller and it turned out to be counterfeit. I've read threads of people buying "advertised as OEM" batteries for the EVO 4G from third-party sellers and they were fakies.
    07-10-10 09:49 PM
    That sounds like a good plan actually. Kind of like temporarily using a spare-tire donut on a car.

How long is the re-charge time with the external charger and your OEM battery? I was looking into getting that when I have to travel.

I was just worried you had bought an "OEM" from a third-party seller and it turned out to be counterfeit. I've read threads of people buying "advertised as OEM" batteries for the EVO 4G from third-party sellers and they were fakies.
    I haven't really timed how long it takes to charge it. I'd assume it's about the same as when charging it while in the phone.
    They didn't advertise whether or not it was an original OEM battery. I can't tell it apart from my original OEM battery. I ended up putting some markings on the spare battery so I wouldn't get it mixed up with my original OEM battery. I'm loving it so far. It's in my BlackBerry as we speak, while my original battery is charging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 10:05 PM
    any easy way of taking off the batt door? just got mine. its tight as! kinda scratched the latch which im kinda pissed now coz i just got it like a minute ago. any tips as to what i should be doing when u first get it? discharging, etc?
    03-20-11 05:45 PM
    I've used it well over a month. Love the battery, hate the door. Broken latch already and bad fit.

already snapped bits off the latch trying to get the battery door off.

anyone have any suggestions to fix it? doubt this will be covered.

i only got the battery today mind u.
    03-21-11 03:00 AM
    I just used the otterbox commuter case with the extended battery door. The trick is to cut a square out of the rubber where the battery sticks out and use the case without any battery door. The case holds the battery in directly.
    03-21-11 12:45 PM
    I just used the otterbox commuter case with the extended battery door. The trick is to cut a square out of the rubber where the battery sticks out and use the case without any battery door. The case holds the battery in directly.
    Yea I might do that as I've seen the batt door is a known issue to get off. Suck coz I ordered a dock too.
    03-21-11 03:02 PM
    good performance for the battery
    03-24-11 09:56 PM
    Howdy,

I just received my Seidio 2600 for my BB 9650. I charged it for three hours
    picked it up, unplugged the charger and within 30 seconds it rebooted.
    It just sat their rebooting. Also the battery indicator showed 100 percent charged.

I put the stock battery back in and life was good once again.

Anyone else had this issue?

I will let it charge overnight (7-8 hours) and see if it happens again.

I have had two before this one. One for an 8330 and another for a 8350
    and never had it do this under the same conditions. Both of the
    other Seidio 2600 batteries worked well.

Could it be a bad battery? Could OS/6 (v6.0.0.436 from USCC) be causing this?

Door fits ok, but is a pain to take off.

Thanks!

Tim
    03-28-11 07:24 PM
    Well I charged the battery for 9 hours overnight and still reboots. Called Crackberry support and they emailed me an RA ASAP and are sending a replacement out today.

I suspect a bad cell in the battery as the BB battery indicator showed 100 percent.

We shall see if the replacement is better.

Tim
    03-29-11 09:28 AM
    I emailed Seidio twice and they responded within hours of sending them each time.

I mentioned the bad battery I received and the issues with the battery door cover.

I would suggest you email them with the battery door concerns.
    The more complaining about it the more likely respond and make changes.

Be nice..

[email protected]

This is there response to the battery door issue. I sent them the link to this forum.

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your feedback I will forward this information to our product development group to improve the quality of our products.

Your business and continued satisfaction is of great importance to us here at Seidioonline Customer Service, so feel free to contact us at (832) 204-1118 with any questions or concerns.

Thank you,
    Seidioonline Technical Support Team

Seidio Customer Service

Tim
    03-29-11 11:49 AM
    Well I charged the battery for 9 hours overnight and still reboots. Called Crackberry support and they emailed me an RA ASAP and are sending a replacement out today.

I suspect a bad cell in the battery as the BB battery indicator showed 100 percent.

We shall see if the replacement is better.

Tim
    Hi trsbbs,

I ordered the Seidio 2600 also from the Crackberry Store. Will have it by Thursday....end of day. Would appreciate it if you would give an update once you receive your replacement battery. Thanks.
    03-29-11 04:45 PM
    Got the replacement battery today and so far so good. No rebooting.
    Going to give it a solid 8 hour charge tonight.

Should be good to go...

Tim
    Mojave likes this.
    03-31-11 10:43 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD