I can't wait until my Innocase II arrives today. Does it have to be removed to place in the OEM charging pod? Is it as easy to remove as the pictures in the Adam Zeis review of the accessory today?
    12-02-09 03:13 PM
    It will not work in the OEM POD...

You have to get the Seidio Charging station, which charges with a case on or the case off.
    12-02-09 03:18 PM
    You could pull the bottom part off and still use the charge, but that will be a lot of wear and tear on the bezel, and I wouldn't recommend that you do it if you care how the bezel looks...
    12-02-09 03:20 PM
    I ordered the case because it look easy to remove. I am dreading the thought of having to buy another charging pod. What to do with the OEM pod?
    12-02-09 03:24 PM
    What is the difference between the charging pod and charging pod kit from Seidio which does not ship until 12/07/09? I guess my bezel won't get that much wear.
    12-02-09 03:30 PM
    The Innocase (or any case) will make the phone to fat to fit in the OEM pod....I am sure the case is easy to remove, but each time you do it will rub the bezel, maybe the bezel on this phone is better than the one on the 8900 but we had several complaint of bezels getting scratched on the 8900 and I see no reason why the same wouldn't happen on this phone.
    12-02-09 03:33 PM
    The case makes the device to wide/thick. Thus not allowing it to sit in the POD and charge.

The Seidio one is made to fit those cases. and also charge the phone with out the case....
    12-02-09 03:35 PM
    Does PowerMat have an adaptor for the 9700?
    12-02-09 03:52 PM
    If the bottom half is loose, I should be ok until the Seidio charging pod arrives.
    12-02-09 03:53 PM
    The case makes the device to wide/thick. Thus not allowing it to sit in the POD and charge.

The Seidio one is made to fit those cases. and also charge the phone with out the case....
    Ditto...

I have an innocase II on my 8900 and would pull the bottom off at night to put it in the OEM cradle. After a while, the two little side tabs on the bottom piece broke off, but it hasn't really effected it's usability. However, I noticed that within about a month that the innocase has severely scratched the entire bezel (not just the bottom), the top black piece and the back battery cover. This can't be from removiing the bottom piece. I just bought a 9700 and will not be using an innocase on it after my experience with the 8900.

I don't know if others have had this problem, and I don't like bashing another company's product, but my BBs have never scratched this badly without a case.

It's too bad, too, because I LOVE the case when it is on the phone. It doesn't add too much girth, and it looks and feels great.
    12-02-09 03:55 PM
    I may delay putting the Innocase II on my 9700 if it is going to scratch the bezel that bad.
    12-02-09 04:32 PM
    Has anyone had any bezel damage from the Innocase II?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD