Hello everyone,
    I am looking to find a case for my Blackberry (red) 8330. I tried the Invisible Shield and found that it was just not working well for me. The corners weren't sticking well, etc. (And I have an IS on my Macbook & iPod) so I'm looking for something else. I mainly will have my phone in my pocket or in my purse (and when it's in my purse I've used the provided BB case).

I've been reading many reviews on cases, and have narrowed it down (I think) to a Seido case. I'm flip flopping between the Hybrid and then just the Innocase Surface in burgundy.

I do have a few questions for those who own either case.

1. If you do own the burgundy, do you own a red phone? How does the color match up?
    2. If you carry the case in your pocket (which I'm planning on doing or putting it in my purse) how easily can it slide out? I'm thinking with the rubberized texture that it will get "stuck" or a little difficult to get out of my pocket.
    3. For those with the Hybrid case, does it feel like plastic against your face/ear when talking?
    4. I'm afraid that the plastic on the hybrid case will give it little knicks or scratches, is that the case?

Any advice, either "get this one over that" would be really helpful. This is my first BB and I want to make sure that I take care of it!
    Last edited by dink226; 05-04-09 at 08:36 PM.
    05-04-09 08:28 PM
    I don't have it in my pocession yet but I purchased a hybrid case and holster for my curve. The rubber part is only on the back not the sides and front from the pictures I've see so when holding it to your ear you should only feel the plastic not rubber. This is my 1st BB as well which is why I went with this cover seeing as its the highest rated on here and seems to be the nicest construction. I'm buying a screen protect and new housing because the @$$ at Verizon scratched my phone but claimed the case did it.

I'm sorry I can't help with the other questions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 12:49 AM
    2. If you carry the case in your pocket (which I'm planning on doing or putting it in my purse) how easily can it slide out? I'm thinking with the rubberized texture that it will get "stuck" or a little difficult to get out of my pocket.
    3. For those with the Hybrid case, does it feel like plastic against your face/ear when talking?
    4. I'm afraid that the plastic on the hybrid case will give it little knicks or scratches, is that the case?
    2. The texture isn't so bad, in and out w/out a problem, yet it still provides a good grip. I had a Body Glove case before the hybrid and between the two, the hybrid is like butter.
    3. Hardly notice.
    4. Doubt it, but I've had the hybrid for about 3 weeks now and have yet to remove the case.

Only cons I can think of at the moment, constantly removing the case could start to wear out the tabs holding the case together. Dust is able to get under the clear part of the case, which just makes it more visible. This will especially be the case if you're going to keep it in your pocket. But a quick remedy is to have an air duster handy to clean it every now and then, it'll do the job and you don't have to remove the case.

Other than that, just keep the invisible shield on, screen part anyway.
    05-05-09 07:46 AM
    Thanks for the help! I'm thinking that the best would be for me to have the hybrid, but I do keep the phone in my pocket quite a bit, and I'm wondering if that could get uncomfortable, hence me thinking about getting the other case if I can slid it on/off faster.

I'm terrible at making decisions to protect my important stuff because I want to make sure I'm getting the best case. And both reviews on each product seem like everyone loves them! I just can't decide!
    05-05-09 01:23 PM
    Or, if someone could recommend a good case which is easy to take off should I need to carry it in my pocket, that'd be great!

Or heck, even just a comfortable "pocket case" at that.

Sorry for all the questions, and thank you again for all the help already given!
    05-05-09 01:48 PM
    I would say look around the crackberry store under curve and examine all those cases. They have a lot of different one from the hard, to leather, or slide/cover ones. I personally think the seidio hybrid is the bed and nicest one out there BUT wish they came in different colors. I fixed that by purchasing a different color housing.

05-05-09 02:11 PM
    I've been browsing around the store for a while now looking at everything (and I need self control!)

I would like to get a case that seems a little more solid than the $9.99 skin. My fear with that is it seems too easy to slip off. BUT at the same time doesn't seem too bulky for being in a pocket.

With the Seido rubber case, I'm reading that's a snap on too, so I'm guessing it'd be a little more difficult to take off just like the hybrid?
    05-05-09 02:16 PM
    I bought the hard rubber case that has a belt clip. Its a great case, easy to take off (just crack it down the middle). The belt clip is attached via a screw in the back. So far I've used it with and without the clip. With out the clip the case slides in and out of pocket with little to no hassle. Also its a great two tone effect (I bought the red berry myself).

05-05-09 02:54 PM
    I bought the hard rubber case that has a belt clip. Its a great case, easy to take off (just crack it down the middle). The belt clip is attached via a screw in the back. So far I've used it with and without the clip. With out the clip the case slides in and out of pocket with little to no hassle. Also its a great two tone effect (I bought the red berry myself).

I have the Sprint red phone (not sure if that matters vs. Verizon), what color case did you get?

I bought the hybrid, but then canceled my order because I 2nd guessed myself. Mainly because of the possibility of having to remove the case if I kept it in my pocket.
    05-05-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD