I thought I read a post somewhere that a user got his non-Seidio case to work with his Seidio Innocase Spring Holster. I couldn't find the thread again. I "thought" the case that he had was an Otterbox case.

I am looking for a case for my second Tour. It will likely not have a Seidio extended battery like my first one, so it will accommodate any aftermarket case for the stock profile. I was going to encase it with Otterbox's Commuter case, as it is available now. Otterbox, as many of you know, only has a holster available for their defender series of cases.

Any chance that anyone may know if someone has tried using an Otterbox Commuter case (from a different BB device) with Seidio's Innocase holster with any success? That would be cool...or even better, if Otterbox developed and release a hard holster for their Commuter cases.

Please advise...
    09-09-09 01:42 PM
    I just got my commuter case for my Storm today. I'll be checking if it fits my Seidio holster tonight.
    09-09-09 04:15 PM
    Based on some of the pictures of the Otterbox Commuter for the Tour, it appears as if the Otterbox case makes the phone thicker than that of a Tour installed with an Innocase Surface.

I am skeptical it will fit a Seidio case.

I look forward to your findings with your Storm.
    09-09-09 11:08 PM
    Bittersweet news! It does fit! It's a hassle to get the phone in. The spring latch doesn't want to close. It will close, but not all the way. I have a locking holster, and it doesn't latch far enough to use the lock. In the end, I wont be using them together. I hope Otterbox comes out with one, or I'll have to test a pouch that clips to my belt. Pocket for now! The Commuter case is AWESOME though.
    09-10-09 12:37 PM
    You may have read a post I made.

I was saying that with the Curve the Body Glove Snap Case fit perfectly in the Otterbox Holster for their Defender Case.

I also spoke with Otterbox Customer Service and they were 100% certain that they would not be making a Commuter Case for the Tour. Obvioulsy they were 100% wrong on that one.

I'm ordering mine right now.

By the way, thanks for this post. I had no idea it was available due to what CS told me.
    09-10-09 01:07 PM
    I would like to see a Holster for the Commuter...
    09-10-09 01:23 PM
    thanks!

i have added mine too
    09-16-09 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD