I have read many threads referencing the Seidio Innocase for the Bold. Many people say that they love it - others have commented on the fact that their case covers the mic hole and gaps on the side/top. Anyone else experience this? I bought a Seidio case for my wife's iPhone and it is great but am wondering if they dropped the ball on the Bold case.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    11-20-08 08:47 PM
    I bought a black innocase for my bold it it fits well and doesn't cover the mic for mine. I just ordered the seidio holster for it and waiting on that to arrive. Any day now. I highly recommend his case. Now the only thing is for me to wait and hope seidio or another 3rd party company comes out with a slim size extended battery that will have at least 35 to 40 percent more life.

I have read many threads referencing the Seidio Innocase for the Bold. Many people say that they love it - others have commented on the fact that their case covers the mic hole and gaps on the side/top. Anyone else experience this? I bought a Seidio case for my wife's iPhone and it is great but am wondering if they dropped the ball on the Bold case.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 08:58 PM
    I have one on mine and mine fits perfect. All holes are clear. I only use their stuff and it hasn't failed me yet

11-20-08 08:58 PM
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Guess I'll have to order one tonight.
    11-20-08 09:11 PM
    I've tried a lot of cases and none so far beat the RIM Blackberry rubber skin you can buy at the local Best Buy--and it's one of the cheapest at $15. Combined with invisibleshield or Best Skin Ever on the screen and it's perfect.

Other skins cover the vent holes or seem to vary from unit to unit in quality. The best advantage of the Blackberry rubber skin is that it curves up and over on the top and bottom, offering the best protection. I consider this better than the middle strip protection on the Seidio case, which lacked the top and bottom cover.
    11-20-08 11:49 PM
    How does it compare to the OEM case? And will that fit in the holster that comes with the bold?
    11-20-08 11:49 PM
    I have the black Innocase. Excellent fit and protection. Mic hole "uncoverage" is just fine. Slim and fits in your shirt pocket without a problem. Looks real sharp and even a bit intimidating on the meeting table. Other meeting members were staring at it but were afraid to ask. Get the holster as well. I didn't and wish I did and will be ordering it this week.
    Last edited by LVampa; 11-21-08 at 02:17 AM.
    11-21-08 01:50 AM
    Any links to these products?
    11-21-08 02:11 AM
    You can get them from the Crackberry shop on this website.
    11-21-08 02:49 AM
    I can't say enough about the innocase and the holster. Fits perfectly and definitely does not cover the mic holes or any of the buttons. It fits into the seido spring clip holster beautifully and is a lot slimmer than the oem holster.

11-21-08 03:40 AM
    any one have the INNOCASE II IN CLEAR?
    01-02-09 12:40 AM
    i love the combo of the innocase and holster. i gave a review on the community review forum, and posted pics. i did have a gap near the bottom, and i did have it cover up the mic hole a little bit. it could just be that it was a bad batch or something, but the pics dont lie. with that said, mine broke, and i had to mail it in. i'm waiting for its return! once it gets back, i'm gonna put it right back on. i've got the innocase holster for the naked bold, and although i like it, it just doesnt provide any protection at all.
    01-02-09 01:14 AM
    Let me warn you, careful when you attempt to do battery pulls with that thing on. It's pretty tight and when I attempted to do a battery pull it broke. It's pretty tight when you get it on, a little too tight if you ask me.
    01-02-09 01:33 AM
    Let me warn you, careful when you attempt to do battery pulls with that thing on. It's pretty tight and when I attempted to do a battery pull it broke. It's pretty tight when you get it on, a little too tight if you ask me.
    +1 to that...the tabs on it are VERY fragile...and mine broke as well.
    01-02-09 10:28 AM
    Ordered immediately in late November when I bought my Bold. It is definately not designed to come on and off easily. To to a reset I press alt, shift and del at the same time. Have not had to actually do a battery pull in a long time!

I do love the case with the Innocase spring top holster. Add a screen protector and your Bold will be well protected.
    01-02-09 04:45 PM
    I am assuming the answer to this question is no, but does the Bold fit in the BB charging pod with the Innocase?
    01-02-09 08:54 PM
    The case requires a bit of effort to get off to do a battery pull, but I believe alt+shift+del gives you the same battery pull reset effect. No covered holes on my Bold, but it will not fit into the charging pod, but I am thinking about the holster just to have standby mode available again: the only knock I have about the bold's design is that using the mute button (my is slightly recessed and a pain to press) to get standby and not making it something that I can assign to one of the convenience keys is an oversight. Perhaps it might come up in a future OS update?
    01-02-09 09:53 PM
    Ordered immediately in late November when I bought my Bold. It is definately not designed to come on and off easily. To to a reset I press alt, shift and del at the same time. Have not had to actually do a battery pull in a long time!

I do love the case with the Innocase spring top holster. Add a screen protector and your Bold will be well protected.
    Interesting events. After receiving my unlock code from AT&T today, I proceeded to take out my sim card before unlocking my Bold. When I removed the Innocase, I noticed a crack in the top bezel cover half down close to the lanyard hole. Although it has not broken through, It will in the next time or two of removing it. I emailed Seidio and asked them to replace it (top piece). We'll see how they respond. I try minimize removing the inocase and am surprised it cracked. I have always heard that Seidio has excellent customer service so I guess I will see.
    01-02-09 11:07 PM
    i have the clear innocase. its a well built case, fits snug. the mic isnt covered up if that is what you are worried about, but the side chargers(if you use a charging dock major no no) are covered by the case. the clasps on the case is very hard to open once it is closed. the middle bar is a bit annoying, especially for those who have bigger thumbs. when you roll the ball up, the middle bar often stops movement. it is also a major cause of dust build up. i often open it once a week at least to clean the dust out. the right top clasp has actually already cracked, due to opening and closing the case.
    01-03-09 01:10 AM
    I like my innocase, makes my bold feel secure

01-03-09 01:18 AM
    I am assuming the answer to this question is no, but does the Bold fit in the BB charging pod with the Innocase?
    Bump. Can anybody verify whether or not this will work?
    01-04-09 10:05 AM
    Bump. Can anybody verify whether or not this will work?
    as said in a post up above it wont work with the charging pod. Took mine off i like the charging pod more than the seido case. Also noticed for me it was harder to type with it on
    01-04-09 10:16 AM
    as said in a post up above it wont work with the charging pod. Took mine off i like the charging pod more than the seido case. Also noticed for me it was harder to type with it on
    Figured as much. Thanks for clarifying.
    01-04-09 01:34 PM
    I had the innocase for my 8330. Was an awesome fit, and provided great protection. I do not have it for my Bold because I like my Bold naked (it's all black). Can't go wrong with Seidio though, they make awesome products.
    01-04-09 01:48 PM
    is there any walk in retailers to buy these? would love to see it in person before I buy.....
    04-16-09 11:56 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD