Are they coming out with this for the 9650? I have the case from my tour but i have to take it off to charge and its annoying. If you feel like moving it go ahead, but its related to the 9650.
    06-15-10 10:50 AM
    Really? I have the same case, made for the tour, on my 9650... and there is just enough room for the micro usb to fit into the charging port. I don't have to remove the case. Sure, it's not nice and centered, but it is still fully accessible.
    06-15-10 11:04 AM
    I mean ya it will go like halfway in. Its never fun to just have the tip in. hahaha
    06-15-10 11:16 AM
    You're right, halfway in is no good. (Haha) But seriously, even though the edge of the housing touches against the side of the hole in the case, the micro usb does fit all the way in.
    06-15-10 12:55 PM
    Ya. well mine broke anyways and i had to super glue it and i just want one that fits right. So hopefully they release one soon
    06-15-10 01:06 PM
    Give it a little more time. Until then, I've also had to order a screen protector intended for the Tour for my 9650, which actually fits perfectly. I don't think it should take too long for seidio and the other manufacturers to catch up with this new device.
    06-15-10 01:25 PM
    Since I didnt want to spend another $30 or so, I went ahead and modified my 9630 Seidio Innocase II since I got a Bold 9650 as a replacement. As we all know, the Bold 9650's charging port was moved up and the 9630 covers it a little where the USB cable goes half way in but still charges.

Gap between charging cable and phone (no case)

Modified case

USB cable and case

Gap is about the same and charger full stays in. I used a multi-purpose snap-off blade cutter. I took the blade clutter and put it in the fire to heat it up. Since the case is made of plastic, the knife will cut through it like butter.
    Last edited by y2bandit; 06-20-10 at 05:35 PM.
    06-20-10 04:13 PM
    Nice work - was wondering how this would work.

I guess you could also use a soldering iron to melt a rounded hole.
    06-20-10 05:10 PM
    For anyone who is interested, Otterbox has 3 new cases listed in their lineup for the BB Tour 9650. I'm currently using the "Commuter" series and am impressed with the fit and finish. In addition, I'm using the IS screen protector. IMHO, it doesn't get any better than this for casual carry.
    06-20-10 05:42 PM
    For anyone who is interested, Otterbox has 3 new cases listed in their lineup for the BB Tour 9650. I'm currently using the "Commuter" series and am impressed with the fit and finish. In addition, I'm using the IS screen protector. IMHO, it doesn't get any better than this for casual carry.
    It seems one of their cases still covers the charging port

All they're doing is taking the 9630 cases and putting it under the 9650 category.
    06-20-10 05:49 PM
    Anyone know about the innocase 360? I saw it for the 9700 and really like it. Its like the case mate smart skin mixed with a hard shell. Perfect.
    06-20-10 06:46 PM
    I have a Seidio Innocase 2 from my Tour and am using it on my Bold. I'm pretty anal but this problem isn't bugging me just yet. There's enough room to charge the phone.
    06-20-10 10:49 PM
    I have a Seidio Innocase 2 from my Tour and am using it on my Bold. I'm pretty anal but this problem isn't bugging me just yet. There's enough room to charge the phone.
    It didnt bother me and it might not bother other people like yourself but I did it because I also charge my phone in the car. So a car bouncing from the road and a half plugged in charger is not good and may lose connection. Now, I dont have to worry about that as I know the charger is fully in and secured.
    06-20-10 10:52 PM
    But now with the incision you made, it doesn't bother you?
    06-21-10 01:28 AM
    But now with the incision you made, it doesn't bother you?
    Bother me in what way..that I hacked the case? Nope. And I'm the type that doesnt like to make modifications as I can be a little anal and want things perfect.

After posting the pics, I went and smoothed out the plastic a little more. I even tried to cut a little further but for some reason, it wouldnt let me. I guess thats as far before i reached the tab.

So am I glad I made the incision? Yes. The plug goes fully in and I do not have to spend another $30-40 on a case. Not to mention, my wife also got her 9630 replaced with a 9650. So I would end up having to buy 2 new cases. So I saved myself $60-80.

We also have 1 year left on our contract. So if we get new phones, the new owners of these phones will not have any problem charging.
    06-21-10 08:11 AM
    I planned to get the Innocase II when it came out for the 9650 but since it will fit I may not wait, who cares if the hole and the charging port don't exactly line up
    06-21-10 09:39 AM
    I planned to get the Innocase II when it came out for the 9650 but since it will fit I may not wait, who cares if the hole and the charging port don't exactly line up
    People who dont want the plug to pop out while they still think its charging.
    06-21-10 09:47 AM
    People who dont want the plug to pop out while they still think its charging.
    I thought there was enough clearance without making any mods to the case so that the phone will charge just fine, am I wrong?
    06-21-10 10:19 AM
    I thought there was enough clearance without making any mods to the case so that the phone will charge just fine, am I wrong?
    Depends what you consider "enough clearance". 9630 Innocase II shows the USB port but when you plug in the USB cable, it does not fully go in. The cable goes in half way or so that its able to charge. However, its not fully locked in place so a small shake or rattle or even lifting the phone from the cable will cause the cable to come loose. If you dont want to modify the case, either half the cable sticking out half way or remove the bottom everytime you want to charge.

With my slight modification, the cable completely goes in.
    06-21-10 11:15 AM
    non-issue for me as most of my charging is done in the Seidio charger cradle. And for the few times at work when I might need extra juice, I can pop off my case if necessary.....
    06-21-10 12:03 PM
    hey guys, the reason why I am interested in this case is because the bottom part slides out and I don't use the charger port to charge my blackberry I use the dock (cradle) that blackberry makes. Do you think I should wait longer for seidio to make a blackberry 9650 case or just buy the tour 9630 case? I'm looking for a snug good fit and for all the side keys and everything to be very easily accessible
    09-13-10 01:00 AM
    Seidio has cases for the 9650 now. Check their site for the Innocase Surface. It looks like the follow-on to the Innocase 360 for Tour. From the photos, the new case seems to be engineered a bit differently, to include moving the USB port and changing the closure so that the phone's speaker is no longer covered. Seidio's price is $29.99. Same price at CB store. Amazon has it for $23. I ordered two on Friday, as the Seidio cases I use now have taken a beating protecting my phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 02:20 AM
    Please let me know how your surface case fits. I bought it and it keeps on coming apart. It also doesn't feel like it fits as snugly as Innocase II that I had on my 8330.

I wish someone else made a case with a separate clip unit - for using in a pocket or on a belt. I really use them both depending on what I am doing.

On my other 9650, I am using the Seidio clip on case with the Innocase clip on holster from the 8330. The Innocase clip on holster from the 9650 doesn't seem to fit.
    09-13-10 12:11 PM
    It is somewhat disturbing to hear that the case doesn't fit very well. The Tour Innocase 360s that I have on my Bold and my wife's Tour fit very snugly. In fact, I cannot use the Invisishield skin with it, and they stay closed. Well, they did until they started wearing. These cases dd not hold up as well as I would have liked, but I suppose that they've done the job of protectng the phones. I cannot imagine what my Blackberry would look like without these cases.

Admittedly, I did not buy the new Seidio cases because I particularly like the Seidio. Like you, I like the separate belt clip. I also use the Seidio charging base, and have not found another case that will work with a charging base.

I should have the new cases this week. If they don't fit, they're going back.

Thanks for the heads-up.
    Last edited by Underway99; 09-13-10 at 01:27 PM. Reason: spelling
    09-13-10 01:20 PM
    Well, the new Innocase Surface cases arrived today. I like how they fit together differently from the Innocase 360. There also is no screen cover like on the 360. I moved the screen covers from the 360s to the new cases because I like the screen protection to be part of the case.

The two parts of the case fit together fairly well, with the back having a lip the length of the top that fits into the cover lip that wraps around the top from the front. The case snaps into locking tabs at the bottom. It seems to be a good design for carrying in the pocket or a bag.

I am not convinced, however, that the case will fare as well when I use it with my Seidio holster with clip. The several times that I have taken it from the holster, I have found that the parts of the case have separated at the top from the clip getting caught on the upper rear part of the case that wraps around the top. Since the case clips only at the bottom, and the top is a rear tab under the front lip, I see this case and holster combination not being successful. Yes, the case fits the holster, just as the product listing says on their (Seidio's) web site. In real use, I don't see this working very long.

Amazon gives me 30 days to return if I don't like what I bought. I'll see if it lasts that long.
    Last edited by Underway99; 09-15-10 at 11:31 AM.
    09-14-10 06:30 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD