Anybody buy one of these? I already have a regular extra battery, but with things like Twitter running all day & GPS, I can burn through them pretty quickly.

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this product. I've checked the reviews. You could get 3 extra batteries (3rd party) for the price of one of these.
    04-09-10 04:18 PM
    I swear by this Battery. I wouldnt know what to do without the Seidio 2600 Battery as I'm ALWAYS on the phone. My 2600 battery lasted me at one point up to 5 days without charging it. But with very heavy usage now, I have to charge it every night. My stock battery wouldnt make it half a day the way I put my phone through!

I would recommend this battery to anyone
    04-09-10 05:54 PM
    Now THAT'S a recommendation!!

Thanks for the info.
    04-09-10 06:05 PM
    Yup I've been thinking about this extended battery too. Hopefully it will fit for the upcoming Bold. Looks like it will cause the bold is using the tours housing.
    04-09-10 08:20 PM
    They should all come with this battery standard. Sure it's a little thicker but if your day is actually longer than 4-8hrs, it's a lifesaver.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 08:22 PM
    Held off on ordering it over the weekend. Now it's got a 2-3 week shipping delay on Amazon w/Prime. MOTHER******!
    04-12-10 11:45 AM
    +1 on couldn't live without it. I'm a heavy user and also spend a lot of time on the phone. + I'm in areas where my phone is looking for a signal a lot. I would have to charge every day or carry 3 batteries. Not so, my Seido has gotten me thru EVERY day. On moderate usage it'll make it 2 days.

04-12-10 11:57 AM
    +1 on couldn't live without it. I'm a heavy user and also spend a lot of time on the phone. + I'm in areas where my phone is looking for a signal a lot. I would have to charge every day or carry 3 batteries. Not so, my Seido has gotten me thru EVERY day. On moderate usage it'll make it 2 days.

carry 3 batteries? that doesn't make sense. the extended battery is 2600mAh, the original batteries are 1400mAh.

for the price of the extended battery, you could pick up 5 OEM batteries on ebay.
    04-12-10 12:48 PM
    carry 3 batteries? that doesn't make sense. the extended battery is 2600mAh, the original batteries are 1400mAh.

for the price of the extended battery, you could pick up 5 OEM batteries on ebay.
    I have two OEM batteries, and I can easily burn through them on a heavy day (lots of twittering, GPS'ing, internet surfing, etc...). It blows carrying around multiple batteries (I'm okay with 2, but more than that??), and my car charger is hit & miss. I'm a little freaky about having a nice charge on the battery that's currently in use. I hate going through that 1st battery, and having the 2nd worn down pretty good while I'm still out doing stuff. It happens, as I often have to drive a long way and do a long day to get all my stuff done (ahhh, living in Iowa).

The price thing is a good point. Again though, I don't like the idea of carrying around 3-4 (howevermany) batteries and having to switch all the time. I always worry that I'll spill something on the extras (wherever I happen to by carrying them).
    Last edited by Bigredhunk; 04-12-10 at 01:08 PM.
    04-12-10 01:02 PM
    for the price of the extended battery, you could pick up 5 OEM batteries on ebay.[/QUOTE]

I've no interest in carring a pocket full of batteries. Ok maybe two batteries. Do run your batteries until completely dead and you phone shuts off? I don't. If I swap out at 15% -20% that's a 1/2 battery that never gets used. My point is SEIDO is well worth my $$$. Your welcome to keep buying your OEM ebay batts.

04-12-10 02:06 PM
    I've no interest in carring a pocket full of batteries. Ok maybe two batteries. Do run your batteries until completely dead and you phone shuts off? I don't. If I swap out at 15% -20% that's a 1/2 battery that never gets used. My point is SEIDO is well worth my $$$. Your welcome to keep buying your OEM ebay batts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

well obviouisly no one is gonna carry around a pocket ful of batteries, i was just trying to show how much more you could get for the price of the extended batteries. and there is no need to swap out at 15-20%. you're leaving yourself so much battery life by doing that. as long as you don't run it until it's completely dead, the batteries are going to be fine.
    04-12-10 02:21 PM
    I have two OEM batteries, and I can easily burn through them on a heavy day (lots of twittering, GPS'ing, internet surfing, etc...). It blows carrying around multiple batteries (I'm okay with 2, but more than that??), and my car charger is hit & miss. I'm a little freaky about having a nice charge on the battery that's currently in use. I hate going through that 1st battery, and having the 2nd worn down pretty good while I'm still out doing stuff. It happens, as I often have to drive a long way and do a long day to get all my stuff done (ahhh, living in Iowa).

The price thing is a good point. Again though, I don't like the idea of carrying around 3-4 (howevermany) batteries and having to switch all the time. I always worry that I'll spill something on the extras (wherever I happen to by carrying them).
    What about a car charger is hit and miss?
    04-12-10 02:44 PM
    What about a car charger is hit and miss?
    I have the standard cheapo BB Tour car charger. The lighters on my '98 Cadillac Deville's are spotty. Not sure if it's a problem when I drive other cars, b/c I usually drive the former. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm down to 1 working lighter (rear driver side door). When I charge the battery while it's in the BB (not easy, b/c the phone is in the back seat while you're driving...of no use if you need GPS), it'll act like it's charging. It'll show a charge. Then it'll be back down to nothing in no time. The couple of times I've tried to charge it using the extra battery charger, it shows that it's charging (orange light)...then it'll either stay orange or it'll turn red (I'd never seen this before using wall outlet). Just don't have much success. I drive that car 90% of the time. Never seem to have trouble charging my iPod.

I have the same kind of trouble trying to charge BB through USB on computer. Very wonky. Wall charging never gives my problems.
    Last edited by Bigredhunk; 04-12-10 at 04:47 PM.
    04-12-10 04:02 PM
    or you could get a fuel case by case-mate.....solves the problenm for me using the OEM battery
    04-12-10 04:32 PM
    Wow get a new charger Bigredhunk. Yikes! I honestly carry my wall charger with me wherever I go since I'm often going to jobs away from home and I don't have a car charger myself.
    04-12-10 05:37 PM
    Battery's worthless if OS5 bricks your phone
    04-12-10 05:43 PM
    I want one but i use the otterbox and dont think it would fit in there....
    04-12-10 05:45 PM
    I have the Otterbox too. Paid for it. Never opened it. Turns out that when I went on my accessory spending spree (as I do with every phone I buy, regretably), I bought both a thick case AND the charging pod. I love the charging pod...the case would preclude using the charging pod...charging pod wins...case sits unopened in a box somewhere.
    04-12-10 09:36 PM
    I would swear by the seidio 2600 battery too. I bought one when I got my phone last Nov. The stock batter wouldn't even last 4-5hrs without a recharge as much as I would use the phone. This wouldn't even be phone calls. You can do anything with this battery and never worry about if your phone will make it through the day. Yeah I charge mine every night but it gets me through the entire day and then some. Surely worth the money. As for thickness, its hardly even there. it still fits in the stock belt clip too.
    04-12-10 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD