so, i love holsters it gives that ease of access to your phone that the pouches dont do. anyway ive been using the verizon version of their holsters and all it has given me is two broken storms, because whenever im in my car the seatbelt unclips the phone without me knowing and when i get out BAM! cracked screen dents scratches everything. So i was wondering if this holster is any better. or if you guys have some other suggestions of either holsters or compact pouches let me know. thanks everyone
    04-29-09 10:16 PM
    I have the innocase II with holster. It has actually done the same thing 3 times (one just today actually) but with the innocase II that was the only thing scratched so two thumbs up for me.
    04-29-09 10:19 PM
    Seidio is what I use too, just the regular hoster thou, not the innocase II one.
    04-29-09 10:29 PM
    [QUOTE=rellims;2429143]I have the innocase II with holster. It has actually done the same thing 3 times (one just today actually) but with the innocase II that was the only thing scratched so two thumbs up for me.[/QUOTE

well, i dont really like using skins or covers cuz it makes it look bulky, but thats me, but anyway, if i wish for my replacement storm to not meet the faith of the other two do you recommend a pouch?
    04-29-09 10:33 PM
    I have the Innocase hybrid and holster. It holds my BB pretty firmly. I have to keep my phone on me at work and the holster is easier to get to quickly than my side pouch.

One down side is the release clip sticks out pretty far and it has gotten caught on things several times.
    When that happens the BB drops to the floor and the case pops off, back of storm pops open and the battery falls out.
    I'm pretty tired of that happening.
    I'm probably going to look for something else.
    If I had a desk job it would probably be fine.
    04-29-09 10:36 PM
    I used to have this problem with my palm quite a bit. the phone cliped to my belt in a "portrait" mode

Now with the Innocase II and holster, I am able to adjust the phone to a landscape mode on my belt and [Knock on simulated wood grain] thus far it hasn't popped out.
    04-30-09 11:09 AM
    I highly recommend it!
    04-30-09 11:26 AM
    I don't get the whole holster thing. Somebody bumps into you, or you bump into the corner of a table, and your phone goes flying across the floor like a Wayne Gretzky slap shot.
    04-30-09 12:04 PM
    Situational awareness.

I've had my Kids climbing on me and they haven't managed to dislodge it yet
    04-30-09 12:14 PM
    I was carrying a bag of groceries yesterday and the bag caught the Seidio clip and it went flying across the pavement. Fortunately, the case did it's job and protected the Storm.

I'm at a loss. I have a nice BlackBerry branded pouch for my 8830 that I'd just slip into my pocket. Worked great. Still not certain as to what to do with the Storm.

I liked the Otterbox for my 8830, but made the thing as thick as a brick. I'm almost tempted to try it next.

But the Seidio is good. I like the case itself more so than the holster in which it snaps.
    04-30-09 01:33 PM
    The Innocase II is an amazing case that will never pop off if dropped. The holster is just ok. I think my storm has popped out once since I got it but I've learned to make it work. I definitely would not use the holster without the case. The phone would not be held securely and would probably be more likely to pop out.
    04-30-09 02:53 PM
    three thumbs up: (lol)

--For the hybrid innocase
    --For the Innocase holster
    --For the cradle that allows the use of BBStorm with the hybrid case
    04-30-09 04:13 PM
    three thumbs up: (lol)

--For the hybrid innocase
    --For the Innocase holster
    --For the cradle that allows the use of BBStorm with the hybrid case
    Yes, Yes and a very big YES! All great products. I use them every day.
    04-30-09 05:04 PM
    I have the Innocase hybrid and holster. It holds my BB pretty firmly. I have to keep my phone on me at work and the holster is easier to get to quickly than my side pouch.

One down side is the release clip sticks out pretty far and it has gotten caught on things several times.
    When that happens the BB drops to the floor and the case pops off, back of storm pops open and the battery falls out.
    I'm pretty tired of that happening.
    I'm probably going to look for something else.
    If I had a desk job it would probably be fine.
    My Innocase I has done that many times. Knock on wood now that I position it one notch off vertical I haven't had the phone pop out since.
    This way it's not a direct vertical or horizontal pull when the clip gets caught.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 05:22 PM
    i got the spring clip holster and i absolutely love it.
    at first i ended up getting the regular VZW holster but i discovered a some issues... the magnet in the holster was not strong enough to put the phone into holster mode and the corner that covers the lock button was actually pressing down on the button which ended up randomly locking and unlocking the phone. Also the retaining clip was wearing away at the edges of that hole on the top of the phone.

Situational awareness.

I've had my Kids climbing on me and they haven't managed to dislodge it yet
    exactly. no matter what kind of holster you get, there is a chance that bumping into something will dislodge the phone.
    i dont wear the holster when i drive, i drop the phone in my center console or clip it to my visor.
    04-30-09 06:12 PM
    Got the Innocase II with the holster, and the only time I've had an issue is when traveling in Japan. Where its very crowded on the trains (subway). Then it only got knocked out of the holster once. Otherwise, no problem here. Love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD