I don't normally talk about add ons here that I buy for my BB's but I can't help but talk on this one. I got decent battery life out of the stock one that comes with the Bold, usually lasting me till around 5pm with lots of emails, lots of calls with a constant bluetooth connection with some web browsing.

I don't normally like extended batteries because of the added bulk but I read such good things about this one I decided to try it. It is awesome!! The additional bulk actually feels better to me. The phone feels more solid and the battery cover it comes with is great! Best of all it slides right into the charging pod with no problem.

The battery life is incredible. I can't kill this thing no matter what I do. I literally abused it on purpose to see what kind of effect it would have and over a 72hr period I still had almost half my battery life left.

Just thought I post something positive up here as I really am glad I invested the money in this thing. I never worry about my battery life anymore.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-19-10 02:53 AM
    Wait, wait. The 2600 will fit in my otterbox commuter case????
    Similar question: Doesn't the extended battery add thickness? Will it still fit in my Seidio Innocase II Surface Case and Holster Combo? I don't see how it could.

I just spent $30 for the case and holster. I'd hate to spend $60 on a battery to find out I can't use my holster anymore.
    10-19-10 10:10 AM
    Similar question: Doesn't the extended battery add thickness? Will it still fit in my Seidio Innocase II Surface Case and Holster Combo? I don't see how it could.

I just spent $30 for the case and holster. I'd hate to spend $60 on a battery to find out I can't use my holster anymore.
    if you don't use the battery door you can barely tell it has the extended battery. That is what works for the Otterbox but I'm not sure about the Seidio ones that aren't for extended batteries.
    10-19-10 10:41 AM
    If someone tries the Innocase without the battery door I'd be curious to hear how it works out. Seidio makes the battery but doesn't make a case for it. I asked Seidio directly. Ridiculous.

====Chat Session======
    Lilian: Sorry, we don't have a case working with the extended life battery for this phone model.

Customer55: Ok thank you.
    ====End Chat Session======
    Last edited by rocco225; 10-19-10 at 11:54 AM.
    10-19-10 11:52 AM
    Um, ALL of those apps would use less battery if connected to WiFi. Sheesh.
    Not if there's no wifi around...

10-19-10 12:39 PM
    Not if there's no wifi around...

Ugh. Try reading the thread next time. You might also want to try reading the post that you quoted. LOL

Hint: "if connected to WiFi"
    10-19-10 01:02 PM
    As stated above, kobayashi is right. If using all those apps on wifi vs 3G, they'll use less battery. Works that way for me

10-19-10 02:30 PM
    If you are talking about using the extended battery with the OEM case it works fine. Fits in perfect and it puts the phone to sleep just like with the regular battery door on.
    10-19-10 04:36 PM
    If you are talking about using the extended battery with the OEM case it works fine. Fits in perfect and it puts the phone to sleep just like with the regular battery door on.
    I agree that it fits fine; however, I started having a problem with keys being pressed as I put the device in the holster, before it went to sleep, so I now put it to sleep before putting it in the case. This problem actually started before I got the extended battery, perhaps some of the cases are a little tighter than others which might cause such a problem. Mine is fairly snug but not an issue with or without the extended battery.

Having to put the phone to sleep before putting it in the case is a non-issue, especially considering the extended life I get from the extended battery.
    10-19-10 04:48 PM
    So I got my extended battery this past Thursday. It's now Saturday. The instructions say it takes a few charges for it to work properly (expected with a battery).

So far, it seems pretty good. I've charged it a few times, and i'm hoping it does a BIT more for me. I'll post back about this in a week or so...
    10-24-10 10:51 AM
    So I got my extended battery this past Thursday. It's now Saturday. The instructions say it takes a few charges for it to work properly (expected with a battery).

So far, it seems pretty good. I've charged it a few times, and i'm hoping it does a BIT more for me. I'll post back about this in a week or so...
    I have found that you should charge for 8 or more hours you will get a better charge.
    10-24-10 12:03 PM
    The SEIDIO extended battery case/holster combo for the 9630 fits the 9650. The charging port is oriented slightly higher of course and is not "centered" in the cut out for the port but I have had no problem charging with USB cable, fits ever so slightly askance, but fits snugly.
    10-25-10 06:07 AM
    Anyone tried using an Otterbox Defender and the 2600 battery?
    10-25-10 04:24 PM
    Anyone tried using an Otterbox Defender and the 2600 battery?
    Yup. You just have to leave the battery door off.
    10-25-10 05:31 PM
    Yup. You just have to leave the battery door off.
    GREAT! And it fits in the holster fine?
    10-25-10 06:00 PM
    I never used the holster. I barely use the Otterbox now. I would check one of the other thread since I can't answer that.
    10-25-10 06:28 PM
    The SEIDIO extended battery case/holster combo for the 9630 fits the 9650. The charging port is oriented slightly higher of course and is not "centered" in the cut out for the port but I have had no problem charging with USB cable, fits ever so slightly askance, but fits snugly.
    I would get this case but I don't want to fight with a charging port. I think its crazy that they don't make one for the 9650. A buck worth of plastic that they could get $40 for yet choose not to. Supply and demand I suppose. I just can't believe demand is that low. Maybe the extended batteries are not flying off the shelves.
    10-26-10 10:02 PM
    I am seriously considering this if someone can confirm that it does/does not work with the BB charging dock as well as the BB leather holster. Seems silly, but these are two things I can't go without!

10-27-10 02:20 PM
    I am seriously considering this if someone can confirm that it does/does not work with the BB charging dock as well as the BB leather holster. Seems silly, but these are two things I can't go without!

It works fine with the charging pod. It also will fit the Leather Holster, but it's a little snug when pulling it out. I purchased a spring lock holster with mine. I didn't think I would like it at first. I actually prefer it over the leather holster now. Much easier to access my BlackBerry.

10-27-10 02:45 PM
    The battery is now backordered

Innocell 2600 Extended Life Battery

So the battery is apparently selling. Its driving me nuts they can't manufacture a case to accomodate the battery that they can't meet the production needs of.
    11-03-10 07:37 PM
    The battery is now backordered

Innocell 2600 Extended Life Battery

So the battery is apparently selling. Its driving me nuts they can't manufacture a case to accomodate the battery that they can't meet the production needs of.
    Why would anyone order directly from Seidio when you can get them for much less elsewhere?
    11-03-10 08:05 PM
    Why would anyone order directly from Seidio when you can get them for much less elsewhere?
    I don't know. But that's not remotely germane to the point I was trying to make.
    11-03-10 11:06 PM
    I don't know. But that's not remotely germane to the point I was trying to make.
    Should I care?
    11-04-10 12:15 AM
    Seidio is a great company. I've ordered several products from them and the only issue I had was a defective case for my Curve. They sent me an immediate replacement. They also price protected me on a charging dock.

If one can't afford to order from a reputable company that takes care of their customers, then buy cheaper elsewhere.

In the meantime, chill out and eat a few more hotdogs.

11-04-10 06:14 AM
    I just purchased the otter box commuter case. All I did to make the case fit is cut out the back of the rubber hosing so that it fits around the battery. I used a sharpie marker to trace around the outline of the battery. You must leave the battery door off. But otherwise it fits great.
    11-04-10 07:43 AM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD