Here's some pics in the blackberry desktop charger:

Last edited by donnation; 10-13-10 at 04:11 PM.
    10-13-10 04:07 PM
    Old charging dock works. I couldn't get it to work initially, but I see that it has to sit just right for it to work. I used to simply drop the phone in the charging pod, and it would start charging right away. With the new cover I have to push down on the phone to make sure the contacts are touching when I place it in the charging pod.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 05:04 PM
    I have two charging pods. The first one I used was very finicky. Just dropped it into the one in my office & it works just fine.

10-13-10 05:11 PM
    Had the issue where the pod would only charge if I held the phone down into it...

So I sold the pod. Not that the pod is expensive, but I'd be semi-cautious about it working or not...
    10-13-10 05:14 PM
    Thanks for the info. I incorrectly listened to someone in another thread saying the BB charger didn't work for the extended battery and spent $20 for my Seidio charger. Now I know. I hope the next Bold (4G? I can dream) uses the same charger.
    10-13-10 05:14 PM
    Fantastic just what i wanted to see thank you,

Here's some pics in the blackberry desktop charger:

10-13-10 05:21 PM
    I've had the battery for a little over a year. I bought it for my Tour and moved it over when I got my Bold. My OEM charging pod was finicky at charging with the new battery and cover, but I took a small screwdriver and pried the gold contacts on the pod out a little bit and it works fine.
    I've never gotten 72 hours with the way I use my device. However, by keeping my GPS on E911 and running wifi (which actually seems to help) I can go from 5pm to 8am and still have over 50% left even with heavy usage.

10-13-10 10:56 PM
    Has anyone gotten this to work with their car charger? I tried using it with the Verizon Car Charger I used with my OEM battery. Nothing happens when I try to charge. I joined a BlackBerry Messenger Group, and my data has been running constantly over the past hour. My battery has dropped down to 40%. I would like to be able to charge it while I'm out & about.

10-14-10 03:52 PM
    Mine works fine with the car charger.
    10-14-10 07:54 PM
    Mine works fine with the car charger.
    My charger wasn't working at first, but it ended up working later on. I'm thinking something could be wrong with my car charger. Does anyone recommend a good replacement?

10-14-10 07:57 PM
    I've got the Seidio 2600 and a BB charging pod like the one in the pic above, no problems at all. I also use the stock case and it works fine. I simply put my berry to sleep before putting it in the case and all is well. Started doing that before I got the extended battery because buttons were getting pushed as I put my BB into the case before the magnet would put it to sleep. Love this battery, no more low battery alarms at 4:00 pm.

10-15-10 09:59 PM
    And how much is this 2600mah extended battery by seidio?

10-17-10 09:31 AM
    10-17-10 09:37 AM
    Thanks for this review!! I get paid on Thursday and am seriously considering making this purchase!
    10-17-10 11:48 AM
    You might check Amazon, I found it there for about $10.00 less.
    10-17-10 12:58 PM
    You might check Amazon, I found it there for about $10.00 less.
    Definitely, I'd check ebay too, just watned to at least give one source
    10-17-10 02:16 PM
    Just made this purchase earlier today. My Bold dies out by 5:00 pm from 6:15 am.

It's oK, but for not really doing much doing the day on it (I'm a teacher), it's GOTTA be better! Wifi off, brightness at 10%...

This Seidio should do the trick!
    10-17-10 06:12 PM
    Just made this purchase earlier today. My Bold dies out by 5:00 pm from 6:15 am.

It's oK, but for not really doing much doing the day on it (I'm a teacher), it's GOTTA be better! Wifi off, brightness at 10%...

This Seidio should do the trick!
    Use your WiFi and you'll get much better battery life.
    10-17-10 07:25 PM
    Use your WiFi and you'll get much better battery life.
    I doubt he/she would get better battery life by using WiFi if he/she is not using the phone much during the day, and is not connected to WiFi.
    Most schools that have a WiFi signal are password protected, and will not be approved to work with any non-issued equipment.
    10-17-10 07:32 PM
    I doubt he/she would get better battery life by using WiFi if he/she is not using the phone much during the day, and is not connected to WiFi.
    Most schools that have a WiFi signal are password protected, and will not be approved to work with any non-issued equipment.
    In your expert opinion, how is a 9650 running down that quickly during the day without much use? Either it's a bad signal area or there is a lot of data being transferred in the background. WiFi will help a TON with the data. Trust me.
    10-17-10 07:44 PM
    I can confirm that the extended seido battery works very well with the charging pod. I work 11 hour shifts, with the oem battery, if I forget my car charger, the battery would die. With this new battery, even when I get home from work, my battery has 75% juice left. Definitely a good investment for the Bold...
    10-17-10 07:51 PM
    In your expert opinion, how is a 9650 running down that quickly during the day without much use? Either it's a bad signal area or there is a lot of data being transferred in the background. WiFi will help a TON with the data. Trust me.
    It could be a number of issues. Apps running in the background or updating could be one. Apps such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. The user is also on Verizon. Perhaps they have the new GPS location app installed. I have it installed on mine and had to adjust the GPS update settings.

The IT department for most schools will not allow personal phones & laptops to connect to their WiFi connection. I've tried to get access for mine to no prevail. They usually only allow laptops with the approved firewall and software installed to connect. Therefore enabling WiFi on their BlackBerry would be of no use, because it's not connected to anything.
    10-17-10 07:52 PM
    My wife and several close friends are teachers. They all have access to the WIFI at work and none of them have school issued devices. I guess it depends on the school/district.
    10-17-10 07:53 PM
    My wife and several close friends are teachers. They all have access to the WIFI at work and none of them have school issued devices. I guess it depends on the school/district.
    You're probably right. My district won't budge. They keep the password on lock!
    10-17-10 07:58 PM
    Apps running in the background or updating could be one. Apps such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
    Um, ALL of those apps would use less battery if connected to WiFi. Sheesh.
    10-17-10 08:28 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD