I don't normally talk about add ons here that I buy for my BB's but I can't help but talk on this one. I got decent battery life out of the stock one that comes with the Bold, usually lasting me till around 5pm with lots of emails, lots of calls with a constant bluetooth connection with some web browsing.

I don't normally like extended batteries because of the added bulk but I read such good things about this one I decided to try it. It is awesome!! The additional bulk actually feels better to me. The phone feels more solid and the battery cover it comes with is great! Best of all it slides right into the charging pod with no problem.

The battery life is incredible. I can't kill this thing no matter what I do. I literally abused it on purpose to see what kind of effect it would have and over a 72hr period I still had almost half my battery life left.

Just thought I post something positive up here as I really am glad I invested the money in this thing. I never worry about my battery life anymore.
    10-12-10 08:16 PM
    By extended battery, you mean the 1700?
    I'm only assuming that because you say that it fits the charger and I was under the assumption that the 2600 would be large enough as to NOT fit the charger.

Glad you are getting good results!!!
    I have taken to carrying an extra battery myself.
    10-12-10 08:20 PM
    No it is the 2600mah battery. Seido made the back of their battery cover fit in the dock and put charging contacts on it exactly where the OEM ones are. Its kind of hard to explain the build of it but it fits in perfectly just like the OEM battery cover.
    10-12-10 08:26 PM
    I love that battery too.
    10-12-10 08:41 PM
    Wow! Great that you can charge that battery in the charger!
    10-12-10 08:45 PM
    2600 mah + otterbox commuter = mega win + no added bulk.
    10-12-10 09:03 PM
    I haven't seen any extended ones for the Torch yet. Is the stock holding up for a couple of days like the 9700?
    10-12-10 09:16 PM
    now this I'm going to have to look into!
    10-12-10 09:25 PM
    Wait, wait. The 2600 will fit in my otterbox commuter case????
    10-12-10 10:06 PM
    Wait, wait. The 2600 will fit in my otterbox commuter case????
    Same question about the 2600 & the commuter case working together. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 10:48 PM
    Thats pretty sweet that it fits your cases and especially the charging pod, that would be my concern. I'd most likely be getting a 2600 if the OS-6 wasn't so fantastic with battery life. No need now for me anyway.
    10-12-10 11:16 PM
    I had a thread showing the mod somewhere on here. You use it without the battery door and cut a square in the silicone skin. The hard plastic shell holds the battery in

10-13-10 12:58 AM
    I had a thread showing the mod somewhere on here. You use it without the battery door and cut a square in the silicone skin. The hard plastic shell holds the battery in

Thank you.

10-13-10 08:54 AM

So i'm considering getting a extened battery as well. But I just recently bought a hard case for my blackberry and I dont want to get rid of it. Do you think this case would still fit? Funny thing is, this case has a square hole withn a bump on the back. Not sure if that's designed for that or some sort of clip. Just curious.
    10-13-10 11:06 AM
    Id still would like to see a picture of the phone with the 2600 battery and cover sitting on the charger.
    10-13-10 11:12 AM
    Anyone have any experience with the 1700mAh battery?
    10-13-10 11:18 AM
    I have the 1700 and it does not do much better than the standard.
    10-13-10 11:37 AM
    Ordered mine and got it in the mail yesterday. The back of the cover has a rubbery feel, so it feels good to the hand. I'm liking the additional battery life. I've been on my BlackBerry off & on over the past 6 hours. Still at 80%. I would be around 50% with my stock battery after similar usage. I got a spring lock holster with mine. It fits my old charging pod, but the charging indicator for my battery icon does not show that it's charging. So I assume it's not charging as it should. Overall I'm very happy I made the jump. I got tired of carrying around a spare battery.

10-13-10 11:39 AM
    Ordered mine and got it in the mail yesterday. The back of the cover has a rubbery feel, so it feels good to the hand. I'm liking the additional battery life. I've been on my BlackBerry off & on over the past 6 hours. Still at 80%. I would be around 50% with my stock battery after similar usage. I got a spring lock holster with mine. It fits my old charging pod, but the charging indicator for my battery icon does not show that it's charging. So I assume it's not charging as it should. Overall I'm very happy I made the jump. I got tired of carrying around a spare battery.

After a couple of days and 8-10 hour battery charges(a must when you 1st get the battery) it gets better. You can go a weekend without charging.
    10-13-10 12:47 PM
    Id still would like to see a picture of the phone with the 2600 battery and cover sitting on the charger.
    Just go to Seidioonline or Crackberry store and view it.
    10-13-10 12:50 PM
    The way the battery door is raised helps to keep the glass cover of the camera lense from getting scratched. Especially when lying it down on a solid surface.

10-13-10 12:52 PM
    Just go to Seidioonline or Crackberry store and view it.
    Yes what they show is their Seido charger, I have the Blackberry one and that is what id like to see how it fits that one.
    10-13-10 01:06 PM
    Yes what they show is their Seido charger, I have the Blackberry one and that is what id like to see how it fits that one.
    Does it fit the BlackBerry charger? I thought it only fit the Seidio charger because they make the battery and the door. Maybe someone can clear this up for us.
    10-13-10 01:15 PM
    Does it fit the BlackBerry charger? I thought it only fit the Seidio charger because they make the battery and the door. Maybe someone can clear this up for us.
    Mine fits into the charger fine, it looks as though the contacts are touching, but it doesn't charge. I used to sit my BlackBerry in my charging pod throughout the day to keep the battery charged with the previous battery. With this battery I won't really have to. I'll just resort to charging through the port.

10-13-10 01:22 PM
    So i'm considering getting a extened battery as well. But I just recently bought a hard case for my blackberry and I dont want to get rid of it. Do you think this case would still fit? Funny thing is, this case has a square hole withn a bump on the back. Not sure if that's designed for that or some sort of clip. Just curious.
    I have no idea, I haven't used that particular case and I don't know how much clearance it has.

You could always mod it, but that takes some work. Would have to cut out a square where the extended battery door sticks out and smooth out the cut somehow.
    10-13-10 01:52 PM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD