Just as a note to all considering the purchase of the Seidio Desktop Cradle for the storm.
    I plugged it in this morning and the port snapped into the unit (see pic enclosed). I contacted Seidio this morning and was very unhappy with their customer service.
    After waiting on hold for 20mins and transferred around, (the representative that I eventually spoke too had no idea what I needed, I just "ended up" on her extension) they informed me that the return department would need to test, package and send me a replacement. This process could take "a day or two" so I was told.
    I'm not sure about the rest of you, but in my opinion customer service should be the number one priority, and it befuddles me when companies pay little or no attention to it.
    I'll follow up with the results of Seidio's response.
    04-14-09 10:01 AM
    Does it look better in person than on the site? I love the functionality idea of it, but having to part with my OEM desktop cradle just doesn't seem possible based on aesthetics. Just looks better and that green LED seems it would draw attention away from the the awesome clock!

I do use the Innocase II, so it requires removal every night in order to use the desktop cradle.
    04-14-09 10:10 AM
    That's a bummer. I have this desktop cradle from Seidio, also. I'm not arguing with your opinion of what customer service should be, but may I ask a question? Are you upset because it might take a couple of days to get to you? Wouldn't you want them to test the replacement to make sure that it doesn't do the same thing? I think I would rather wait a couple of days for them to test it--it would make me feel better to know that the new one wouldn't end up doing the same thing.
    04-14-09 10:10 AM
    That's a bummer. I have this desktop cradle from Seidio, also. I'm not arguing with your opinion of what customer service should be, but may I ask a question? Are you upset because it might take a couple of days to get to you? Wouldn't you want them to test the replacement to make sure that it doesn't do the same thing? I think I would rather wait a couple of days for them to test it--it would make me feel better to know that the new one wouldn't end up doing the same thing.
    Not on the time it would take to "get" to me. Its the day or two that the return department needs to take to get one tested and then sent out. The shipping then would be added on to it.
    Are there no units already there... already tested? Does it take 20 mins of transferring around to finally get an answer?
    In my opinion this is the poor customer service I'm speaking of.

As a contrast I also ordered a Zagg screen shield, I had a problem with the product and they sent me a replacement... that day, it arrived a few days later and I'm a happier customer for it. One that will have no reservation on returning and purchasing again.
    04-14-09 10:20 AM
    Does it look better in person than on the site? I love the functionality idea of it, but having to part with my OEM desktop cradle just doesn't seem possible based on aesthetics. Just looks better and that green LED seems it would draw attention away from the the awesome clock!

I do use the Innocase II, so it requires removal every night in order to use the desktop cradle.
    The only aesthetic problem I had was with the green LED, you're right it does take away, (and overpower) from the clock in bedside mode.
    04-14-09 10:24 AM
    Not on the time it would take to "get" to me. Its the day or two that the return department needs to take to get one tested and then sent out. The shipping then would be added on to it.
    Are there no units already there... already tested? Does it take 20 mins of transferring around to finally get an answer?

As a contrast I also ordered a Zagg screen shield, I had a problem with the product and they sent me a replacement... that day, it arrived a few days later and I'm a happier customer for it. One that will have no reservation on returning and purchasing again.
    I see. I understand what you are saying now. I would think that they have already done QA on the cradles when they were manufactured. You're right. But look at it this way... yours will get some EXTRA testing, which should make you feel more secure about it. (I'm just trying to look on the bright side of this for you.) I would be a little annoyed, too, though. I'm not sure that I agree with them charging you for the shipping, either, since this is due to a faulty product. Hmmmm...
    04-14-09 10:26 AM
    send a PM to this person, who is a member here who is also a CSR for Seidio or so I've been led to believe...

http://forums.crackberry.com/members/seidioseidio/
    04-14-09 10:26 AM
    But look at it this way... yours will get some EXTRA testing, which should make you feel more secure about it. (I'm just trying to look on the bright side of this for you.)
    Thanks I do enjoy the bright side, I'll take this from the experience.

send a PM to this person, who is a member here who is also a CSR for Seidio or so I've been led to believe...
    I'll tuck this away and follow this route if the rest of the experience goes badly.
    I was unimpressed with the initial customer service response, I'm in wait and see mode on the conclusion.
    04-14-09 10:38 AM
    Just as a note to all considering the purchase of the Seidio Desktop Cradle for the storm.
    I plugged it in this morning and the port snapped into the unit (see pic enclosed). I contacted Seidio this morning and was very unhappy with their customer service.
    After waiting on hold for 20mins and transferred around, (the representative that I eventually spoke too had no idea what I needed, I just "ended up" on her extension) they informed me that the return department would need to test, package and send me a replacement. This process could take "a day or two" so I was told.
    Hello Matt,

Thank you for your support of our product. Let me see if I can help clarify a few things here:

1. Our response system will reactivate a call being held in about one minute of inactivity from the CSRs, so I can assure you that you did not get placed on hold for 20 minutes. While you were on hold, the CSRs were devising a best solution for your issue. We eventually proposed to you an advanced exchange for your trouble, covering all the shipping costs.

2. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you, but we wanted to double check all outgoing cradles to make sure that this does not happen again. We quote a process time of 1-2 business days because that's the procedure, although items tend to go out faster than that.

Again, its not an excuse, and we apologize for your trouble, but we have set rules for efficient RMAs to treat customers fair. We pride ourselves in excellent customer services, please let us know if you have any more questions!
    04-14-09 11:02 AM
    Hello Matt,

Thank you for your support of our product. Let me see if I can help clarify a few things here:

1. Our response system will reactivate a call being held in about one minute of inactivity from the CSRs, so I can assure you that you did not get placed on hold for 20 minutes. While you were on hold, the CSRs were devising a best solution for your issue. We eventually proposed to you an advanced exchange for your trouble, covering all the shipping costs.

2. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you, but we wanted to double check all outgoing cradles to make sure that this does not happen again. We quote a process time of 1-2 business days because that's the procedure, although items tend to go out faster than that.

Again, its not an excuse, and we apologize for your trouble, but we have set rules for efficient RMAs to treat customers fair. We pride ourselves in excellent customer services, please let us know if you have any more questions!
    I'm not sure who I spoke to but they clearly did not have any intention of taking care of my call with a "best solution". It was only after I was directed to the RMA form, which I had to fill out, that I requested another be sent today, they responded to that by stating they were not able to send one out.
    I asked to be transferred to someone who could help, it was then that I spent the time on hold and eventually ended up on a customer service representative's line whom had no idea of my case and issue.
    And even at this time I was never informed of an "advanced exchange" just that the device would have to be tested and then sent out.
    To this I ask again, are there no products there that are tested? That are ready to go out? And since we're on a first name basis, may I have the pleasure of yours?
    04-14-09 12:07 PM
    I would like to take a moment to congratulate you on your customer service. I had the exact same problem with my Seidio Storm cradle. The USB port in the back broke off (which kind of surprised me since that connection doesn't get moved to the same extent that the male one inside the cradle does. Maybe a manufacturing issue?)

Anyway, the first thing I did was go to my email to look for the online invoice, no luck. Then I went to the website and looked for the order, nothing there except my Innocase order in February. I looked at the website and wasn't assured by the things I would need to get a return since I didn't have the original box or invoice anymore.

Send a email to customer service and explained my plight and was directed to the RMA form, filled it out without an invoice number (which I didn't have) and the date my credit card was charged.

The next day I got a reply advising an advance return was on the way with return shipping and they even found my order number.

You responded as I would expect and am very happy with the service.

b.b.
    05-01-09 09:55 AM

I'm using the Seidio case, holster, and this desktop cradle. I don't have to remove the case to charge my Storm. Nice. Unit!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 10:17 AM
    I purchased two, one for bedside, using the ac adapter, the other, in the home-office, connecting to the PC using the USB cable. Both units are working fine. It is a sturdy product. The greenlight is a fairly bright (at least for my taste). For now, I'm leaving it alone. I might put a piece of colored tape or take a black perma-marker on the light - hopefully it would soften it a bit. Ultimately, if I can open the unit, I can put a resistor to make it significantly dimmer.
    05-01-09 03:57 PM
    I've had the same problem as above... happened just last night...
    07-29-09 06:27 PM
    I'm not sure about the rest of you, but in my opinion customer service should be the number one priority, and it befuddles me when companies pay little or no attention to it.
    I'll follow up with the results of Seidio's response.
    Same here...the usb port on the back of the Seidio Cradle broke off inside...I called and when Seidio customer service said that they needed me to return and THEN send me a replacement, I said "no thanks...! Not going to wait." No complaint against Seidio customer service, it's just that I was too impatient to wait. So I took apart the cradle...and could see that the female usb port was lightly soldered onto the circuit board in 2 places--not really strong enough to withstand plugging/unplugging (I move mine from my bedside to my workdesk sometimes several times a week which requires plugging/unplugging. What can I say...I LIKE having my phone in the cradle displaying the clock...!) Yes, I should have bought 2 of them...no unplugging required!

Seidio: get your engineers to use a more robust method of soldering or supporting the usb port on the cradle. Oh...and make it a CHOICE if I want to display that green LED...sometimes i'd rather not see the power light! Otherwise, it works quite well. For now, back to NOT having a cradle...
    Last edited by starjoy; 07-29-09 at 08:43 PM.
    07-29-09 08:17 PM
    I purchased one of the desktop cradles along with the Innocase II. When my BB was inserted into the cradle, it would not charge. I am not sure if I bent something trying to snap my phone in the first time or not, so I contacted CS for some direction. As SeidioSeidio said, my wait on hold was short and they sent a replacement out along with a label to ship the defective unit back. Whole process took about 4 days to get the part out the door and delivered to mine.
    Second unit worked great. I get compliments on the case/cradle combination all the time.

BBStorm79 - Maybe your experience was a fluke. Hope the new unit arrives quickly and works as promised. You will love it.
    07-29-09 08:17 PM

Oh...and make it a CHOICE if I want to display that green LED...sometimes i'd rather not see the power light! Otherwise, it works quite well. For now, back to NOT having a cradle...
    Umm... guys.. haven't you guys heard of using duct tape? Just tape the bloody light with a black duct tape... Problem solved.
    07-29-09 08:50 PM
    Was just about to order one of these...glad I saw this first.
    Sounds as though the lack of customer service might have been a fluke or once in a blue moon type thing. To buy or not to buy...that is the question!
    07-29-09 09:09 PM
    The same thing happened to the cradle I bought, I e-mailed seidio, and the next day they got back to me. They replaced the cradle with no questions asked. I've never had a problem with their CS

EDIT: This cradle is holding up just fine. I love it.
    07-29-09 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD