So I got my seidio charging dock in today and was very excited.

Darn thing wont charge unless I shimmy the phone into place. Even then it easliy gets out of charge mode when slightly moved. Sleepwalking into the dresser will have that effect.

My previous cradle with the 8900 was flawless. Anyone else with this issue? They are really new, but maybe a few of you out there have it already.
    12-24-09 09:19 PM
    I have an OEM chargning pod for my 9700. Since I got the Innocast II, I was going to buy the Seidio charging pod because it could be used with to without the case thus preventing the constant removal of the case which is rumored to cause bezel scratches from repeated removal.
    12-24-09 09:23 PM
    I have the innocase II as well. That was my whole reason for buying the pod.

I loved my last one for the 8900.

This one SUCKS. I am going to send it back or have them replace it. I am pretty laid back about stuff. The minor defects in my 9700 are all liveable.

The phone should drop in w/out having to play with it to find the charge point.

Beware JCP. I will repost if they rectify the sitch you may shun.
    12-24-09 09:31 PM
    That's what I like about the OEM pod. I just drop it in. No wiggling necessary.
    12-24-09 09:33 PM
    I agree with that, but I liked/like the convenience of not having to remove the case.
    12-24-09 09:48 PM
    Interested in hearing other opinions. Please speak up if you have the charging pod. I just ordered the Innocase II and belt clip. Didn't order the pod because I wasn't sure that the phone was meant to fit in it with the case on. Plugging the phone in is way easier then taking the case off every time I charge. Kinda like having to get my phone dressed in the morning. Too much work. Kills the benefit of a pod to begin with.
    Last edited by dud3r; 12-24-09 at 11:34 PM.
    12-24-09 11:29 PM
    Well I have the OEM pod and I love it!!! And I just use an old iphone sock for my 9700 since I really don't like cases or skins.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 11:33 PM

Darn thing wont charge unless I shimmy the phone into place. Even then it easliy gets out of charge mode when slightly moved. Sleepwalking into the dresser will have that effect.

My previous cradle with the 8900 was flawless. Anyone else with this issue? They are really new, but maybe a few of you out there have it already.
    I'm experiencing the same issue. You would think a product from Seidio would be better than this.
    12-28-09 02:43 PM
    I just ordered the blackberry charging doc instead
    12-28-09 02:46 PM
    I just received my 2 OEM docks from Amazon. $22.68 for the 2 with shipping.
    12-28-09 03:02 PM
    The OEM pod looks better and is cheaper ($15) than the Seidio cradle which looks plain ugly IMO.
    12-28-09 03:06 PM
    Ugly

Nice!

12-28-09 03:09 PM

I'm experiencing the same issue. You would think a product from Seidio would be better than this.
    Hello All,

Thank you for your comments! Have you guys removed the Smartphone Attachment (Black Plate that sits in the middle) that came with the Cradle? If you have an Innocase on, you will need to remove that for it to work properly. The plate is removable just in case if you would like to use the cradle without a case on. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
    12-28-09 03:10 PM
    Hello All,

Thank you for your comments! Have you guys removed the Smartphone Attachment (Black Plate that sits in the middle) that came with the Cradle? If you have an Innocase on, you will need to remove that for it to work properly. The plate is removable just in case if you would like to use the cradle without a case on. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
    I have been considering a Seidio cradle since I have the Innocase II. Have you had any feedback on the hard case causing bezel scratches from repeated removal for those of us who had already purchased the OEM pod since the Seidio one was not yet available?
    12-28-09 03:39 PM
    Hello All,

Regards,
    The guys who were complaining, did you do this?

I have a Seidio case and dock on order
    12-28-09 07:07 PM
    My case n dock work perfectly in tandem!!!!!! Its awesome......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 08:05 PM
    Moving to accessories
    12-28-09 08:09 PM
    Hello All,

Regards,
    The plate isn't the problem. It is the combination of the 9700, the Innocase II and the Cradle (without the plate). Having to wiggle/adjust the phone in the Cradle to find the charge connection is unacceptable. I've purchased plenty of Seidio products in the past and by far this one is a bad design.
    12-28-09 10:44 PM
    The plate isn't the problem. It is the combination of the 9700, the Innocase II and the Cradle (without the plate). Having to wiggle/adjust the phone in the Cradle to find the charge connection is unacceptable. I've purchased plenty of Seidio products in the past and by far this one is a bad design.
    Agreed. It takes me like 4 or 5 tries putting the phone in the cradle to get a charge. I would totally have gotten the OEM one, but don't want to have to take the bottom part of the Innocase II of all the time. This is one poorly designed cradle, not to mention the bad appearance to it.

I would not recommend the cradle. But if you need it to work with the Innocase II, you're force to use it.
    12-28-09 11:12 PM
    Will the OEM BB cradle work if you have a Tour with the Innocase II or will I need to purchase one from Seidio?
    12-29-09 06:58 AM
    I have read the BB OEM cradle will not support the innocase, where as the seidio cradle will. You have to take the innocase off to use it with the OEM cradle, unlike the seidio one.

I have ordered my innocase 2 and seidio cradle...lets see what happens.
    12-29-09 09:33 AM
    right guys, I received my innocase 2 and cradle today and I have abolutely no problems in docking. I just drop my BB in the cradle and it works!! no fidgeting around or anything....
    12-30-09 05:36 AM
    I have an OEM dock that I got right after I got my 9700. I recently purchased an Innocase and two charging docks.

My experience is just the opposite of the OP. My OEM dock was finicky, but the Seidio docks work much better. With the OEM dock I had to have the phone positioned just right or it would not charge. The well where the phone sits in the Seidio dock seems a little deeper, and that seems to make connection much easier.
    12-30-09 09:18 AM
    I received my charging pod last week for my storm2 9550 and I love it. It comes with an adapter for phone use with or without skins or cases. ***** five stars from me on this product.
    12-30-09 05:56 PM
    I have the same problem as some of the above posters.

The bold 9700 innocase II w/the seido dock takes 4 or 5 tries to get it to charge. You can't just drop it in and not worry about it like the OEM charging pod.

And yes, I took out the plastic piece. It isn't a matter of fit.. it just takes a few tries minimum to make a good connection. Many times it will switch to the bedside mode as you slip it in only to switch back to regular (non charging) when it settles...

I'm not happy with this either.
    01-03-10 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD