Anyone have the Seidio Innocase? I just got it and it appears to block the GPS signal. I've emailed Seidio tech support and waiting for a response. Just wondering if anyone else having problems.
    03-06-09 12:28 PM
    I admit I don't use GPS a lot but I have not noticed that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 12:49 PM
    Anyone have the Seidio Innocase? I just got it and it appears to block the GPS signal. I've emailed Seidio tech support and waiting for a response. Just wondering if anyone else having problems.
    I use GPS frequently and have the Seidio Innocase II, it does not block the signal. One thing I've noticed is that the GPS signal will get lost if I have the phone on my lap while in the car, so I have to put it up on the dash. Otherwise, you won't get a GPS signal indoors. Gotta be outside and have a decent line of sight to the satellites.
    03-06-09 01:01 PM
    signal can only be blocked by metal. the innocase will not block signals. But a car roof as howejustin mentioned can block it.
    03-06-09 01:18 PM
    no issues with case and gps
    03-06-09 01:19 PM
    signal can only be blocked by metal. the innocase will not block signals. But a car roof as howejustin mentioned can block it.
    You're partially correct. Concrete and other highly dense materials can block it as well, along with signal jammers and really stupid people This can be seen all over New York: "Move, [insert word for really stupid person here that doesn't activate the forum filter] ! You're blocking my signal!!"
    03-06-09 01:21 PM
    I also have had NO issues with my Innocase and my GPS...
    03-06-09 02:14 PM
    OK, thanks. Maybe it's just where I place it in the car. I'll try a different position.
    03-06-09 02:20 PM
    i have the innocase II and use GPS with the amaze voice navigation, no problems in the car or anywhere else.
    03-06-09 03:10 PM
    I also have a innocase and use GPS outside with no issues. In the house is another story!
    03-06-09 06:29 PM
    Can anyone tell me what they think of the innocase. Is it more like a skin or is it a harder type case? It says its thin in the description but also talks about being rigid.
    03-06-09 07:33 PM
    It is both thin like a gel case and ridged like a hard case.

That is the best way I can describe it. It also doesn't pick up lint like the gel cases. A+++ recommended.

03-06-09 07:36 PM
    i was a bit confused at first too. Take a look at some youtube video reviews. You can kinda tell its physical characteristics by the way the reviewers handle it. Its the best alternative to actually seeing and touching one for yourself.

Pictures just don't show it well enough.
    03-06-09 08:20 PM
    I have the combo case ans holster. I love the set up, great protection too the only thing I don't like is the 8900's vibrate is kinda soft so I miss calls ans pins in silent sometime.
    Can anyone tell me what they think of the innocase. Is it more like a skin or is it a harder type case? It says its thin in the description but also talks about being rigid.
    I

03-06-09 09:37 PM
    i was a bit confused at first too. Take a look at some youtube video reviews. You can kinda tell its physical characteristics by the way the reviewers handle it. Its the best alternative to actually seeing and touching one for yourself.

Pictures just don't show it well enough.
    Excellent suggestion and it answered my questions. I appreciate that. Im gonna have to grab one.

Anyone have any suggestions for screen protectors? Something easy to put on??? Not really visible??
    Last edited by money69; 03-06-09 at 10:47 PM.
    03-06-09 10:39 PM
    what is better the blackberry skin or seidio innocase
    03-07-09 03:55 PM
    I use GPS frequently and have the Seidio Innocase II, it does not block the signal. One thing I've noticed is that the GPS signal will get lost if I have the phone on my lap while in the car, so I have to put it up on the dash. Otherwise, you won't get a GPS signal indoors. Gotta be outside and have a decent line of sight to the satellites.

Have you found a good dash mounting fixture? If so, which one(s)?

Thanks.

B B
    03-07-09 04:03 PM
    what is better the blackberry skin or seidio innocase
    I don't have either yet, but I'm planning to get the innocase cuz I'd rather have hard case than soft gel.

03-08-09 12:16 AM
    Excellent suggestion and it answered my questions. I appreciate that. Im gonna have to grab one.

Anyone have any suggestions for screen protectors? Something easy to put on??? Not really visible??
    the clarivue rules. there is a thread on here about it with a 10% off coupon code as well.
    03-08-09 09:49 AM
    I also have the innocase. Its aot better than the gel ones. I have no prob with gps. Love the case. I also had it for my iphone. Its a must have!

03-08-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD