I thought someplace on the forum I heard $40 for the 1700mAh. I cheked seidio and crackberry shop and it's $50. Anybody know of any discounts,codes or anything?Be nice to knock some off. 50 bucks is kinda up there. Those 8 buck ebay batts scare me.
    [email protected] to me

Thank You for your order!

Order number: XXXXX
    Estimated Order Ship Date: Thursday 6/10/2010. See Shipping policy.
    Estimated Delivery Date: 6/14/2010 - 6/17/2010

Please note, that this order will show up as NEWCOVENANT on your credit card statement. Check Order Status Product Quantity Unit Cost Total
    Seidio RIM BlackBerry Tour 9630 Innocell 1700mAh Slim Extended Life Battery 1$39.16
    Shipping$1.99
    PA Sales Tax$0.00
    Total$41.15

P.S. My battery life has GREATLY improved. I mentioned in another thread that with the OEM battery I would typically be down to ~20% at the end of the day. With the 1700, it is more like ~70% with the same usage. very satisfied.
    06-17-10 07:52 AM
    [email protected] to me

Please note, that this order will show up as NEWCOVENANT on your credit card statement. Check Order Status Product Quantity Unit Cost Total
    Seidio RIM BlackBerry Tour 9630 Innocell 1700mAh Slim Extended Life Battery 1$39.16
    Shipping$1.99
    PA Sales Tax$0.00
    Total$41.15

P.S. My battery life has GREATLY improved. I mentioned in another thread that with the OEM battery I would typically be down to ~20% at the end of the day. With the 1700, it is more like ~70% with the same usage. very satisfied.

wow that much of a difference?
    if that goes for all people then i will buy one this week.
    06-17-10 10:18 AM
    wow that much of a difference?
    if that goes for all people then i will buy one this week.
    yes, but to be fair, i should also acknowledge the possibility that i had a lemon OEM battery, because others' reports seem to indicate they are getting better life out of theirs than i was. so perhaps i should have gone to verizon for a replacement first to know for sure, but what's done is done and i am content.
    06-17-10 10:21 AM
    Sounds good and I like the cheaper price. My tether trial is out tho gotta pony up for that probably first. Thanks for the info tho.
    06-17-10 10:27 AM
    With an hour of talking on the phone, lots of emailing, web surfing, and a number of texts.... my Bold has lost only one, um, battery segment on that meter (what do you call that anyway?).... so after exactly 12 hours of being unplugged... it still has a pretty fresh battery.

That big battery does look interesting, though. I'm just using the blackberry case that comes with the Bold for now. It ain't bad at all, I've never bought an aftermarket case for a phone. Glad to know the Seido battery will fit.
    Wow! Which one did you purchase?
    06-17-10 10:35 AM
    yes, but to be fair, i should also acknowledge the possibility that i had a lemon OEM battery, because others' reports seem to indicate they are getting better life out of theirs than i was. so perhaps i should have gone to verizon for a replacement first to know for sure, but what's done is done and i am content.
    yeah i feel like me and my buddy got lemons, i get home on a heavy day and im usually in the yellow if i dont hit my car charger while i am on the road.
    06-17-10 10:46 AM
    Yes the Seidio 1700 Mh battery works for both 9630 and 9650>
    06-17-10 01:32 PM
    The 1700 for me let's me get comfortably through the day. I don't need to go 2 days. Just from morning till I get home. Bout 14 hours

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 02:18 PM
    I received my order today from FedEx, along with $34 in brokerage fees. Seidio really needs some other shipping options. The $24 shipping pretty much killed the idea of even getting Seidio, but the praise you guys had for it made me give it a shot. But another $34?!

And to make things worse, CrackBerry launched their store in Canada and they carry Seidio! It's the same price and in Canadian Dollars. Seriously, if I waited 2 days I could have saved myself $60 - enough to buy a retail battery pack.

Anyways, I'm just charging up the 1700mAh now. The packaging says to give it an 8 hour charge at first. It does fit a bit more snug, but as previously mentioned, still able to pop out with a bit more effort. I guess I'll see how good it is in the coming week as I use it.

I also got the screen protector from Seidio. It's pretty good. No mess with wetting adhesive and easy to reposition if you screwed up at first. If you do get debris under, a can of compressed air can blow it all away and you can try again. There's also no rainbow effect like some protectors has.
    06-17-10 04:55 PM
    [email protected] to me

Shipping$1.99
    PA Sales Tax$0.00
    Total$41.15

Thanks for your post and your tip to a cheaper 1700. Got one ordered.
    06-17-10 10:50 PM
    Question: I just got my 1700 battery today and it's been charging for about 3 hours now. Do we really have to have it plugged in for 8 hours? And if we do, can we actually use the phone (talk/text/web) whilst charging?

I've used it, but only to make a few calls which last about 3-5 minutes each. Sucks that I decided to plug in the battery in the middle of the day instead of waiting for it to charge overnight. And I also understand there's no conditioning the battery but the instructions say to allow 5-6 full charges for maximum performance, does that mean charging and discharging? Or just 'topping off' the battery?

Thanks!
    06-18-10 01:38 PM
    Question: I just got my 1700 battery today and it's been charging for about 3 hours now. Do we really have to have it plugged in for 8 hours? And if we do, can we actually use the phone (talk/text/web) whilst charging?

I've used it, but only to make a few calls which last about 3-5 minutes each. Sucks that I decided to plug in the battery in the middle of the day instead of waiting for it to charge overnight. And I also understand there's no conditioning the battery but the instructions say to allow 5-6 full charges for maximum performance, does that mean charging and discharging? Or just 'topping off' the battery?

Thanks!
    Man, you need to read all the posts about battery etiquette.
    Don't let it run down to nothing, as this does nothing but shorten it's life over time.
    Do charge frequently and topping off is good. Charge overnite if that works for ya. Won't hurt it. Also using while charging is fine.
    As for achieving max performance. This will occur about 7 to 10 days after you first charge. Don't deep cycle it!

Do report back as my 1700 comes next week and I'd like to hear how yours is doing.
    06-18-10 02:33 PM
    Observations of first day: Put in the battery at around 12pm, and at 1:30 it was fully charged. I kept it on the charger til about 7pm when I had to leave home. It's now 10:19pm and the battery is sitting at 92% with a drain of 2.3% an hour (on average).

This is with very little use (checking berryweather, checked facebook maybe once or twice, and the occasional text/call). As of right now I see no noticeable improvement. Then again I barely ever NOT use my blackberry. The real test will come tomorrow when I have a long work day and I use the phone moderately/heavy. The old battery would last me anywhere from 12-16 hours. Hopefully the 1700 will last me a bit longer.

I'll keep this updated as right now it's too soon to tell.
    06-18-10 09:24 PM
    Don't waste your money on those scam batteries.
    06-19-10 05:46 AM
    I'm on my second day with the 1700 battery. I got yesterday 18 Hours out of my phone yesterday, and when I went to bed I still had 40% left and I use my phone all the time! Very happy so far that I dont have to use my 2600 battery anymore! The extra bulk was getting old... Loving the 1700 so far!
    06-19-10 06:55 AM
    To those who just got their batteries - give it a few days. Like any battery it does need to cycle to reach max performance. The packaging even states that it will work best after like a week of charge / discharge, and I can verify that it is indeed true.
    06-19-10 07:39 AM
    sent 31 texts, made 14 phone calls (No long calls) and a few emails. My day started at 7 a.m. and its now 7 thirty p.m. and I am at 40%. I was hoping for a little more with this battery. I feel if I would have had one phone call that would have been 20 or 30 minutes my phone would be dead by 5. I might put the original battery back in and see if it even made a difference!
    06-24-10 07:33 PM
    I also noticed that 2 hours after being on charger I lost 10% of the battery life with only a couple of texts? I don't know maybe thats normal?
    06-24-10 07:36 PM
    sent 31 texts, made 14 phone calls (No long calls) and a few emails. My day started at 7 a.m. and its now 7 thirty p.m. and I am at 40%. I was hoping for a little more with this battery. I feel if I would have had one phone call that would have been 20 or 30 minutes my phone would be dead by 5. I might put the original battery back in and see if it even made a difference!
    Do you think you've charged and recharged enough times for this to be accurate depiction of life tho. My oem battery seemed to steady out around a week after first charge. My 1700 comes tomorrow.
    06-24-10 07:40 PM
    Do you think you've charged and recharged enough times for this to be accurate depiction of life tho. My oem battery seemed to steady out around a week after first charge. My 1700 comes tomorrow.
    Don't know for sure? I charged my new battery last thursday and started using last friday. So it will be one week tomorrow
    06-24-10 07:43 PM
    Don't know for sure? I charged my new battery last thursday and started using last friday. So it will be one week tomorrow
    So about a week then, I would think that would be long enough to get into it's happy groove. At only 300mAh more I wasn't expecting miracles, just enough more to make it thru a whole day with no problem. I'm more email/messages than voice so I'm happy with my decision to get it. Thanks for posting your results.
    06-24-10 07:49 PM
    Put my original battery back in last night and so far the old battery is lasting longer! Crazy....but the day is not over yet i guess
    06-25-10 12:29 PM
    Put my original battery back in last night and so far the old battery is lasting longer! Crazy....but the day is not over yet i guess
    Mine arrives today(I think). I'll give it some time and post my thoughts. At the very least it can serve as a back up supply, but I remain optimistic as I have done very minor jumps in mAh on other devices and it worked as it should, generally giving me just enough to get thru the day with no problem.
    06-25-10 12:45 PM
    Seidio = scam. It's been proven scientifically many times. Don't waste your time or money with them.
    06-25-10 02:41 PM
    Seidio = scam. It's been proven scientifically many times. Don't waste your time or money with them.
    What can you offer to support that statement? If the battery yields better run time than the OEM [for me], what about the battery would deter one from its usage? Will it harm the phone or the phone's circuitry? What's up!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 04:19 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD