Has anyone that owns a Seidio 360 case yanked the rubber keyboard protector out and used the case with an open keyboard? I love the case, the screen protector is great, so is the feel and size of the case, I'm just not sure that I'm in love with this rubber keyboard covering. Anyone had success with tearing it out?

Thanks for your knowledge.
    Chad
    10-02-09 06:04 PM
    I haven't ripped it out, but I've heard about people who have done it. Recently my keyboard cover has started to bubble up, which is annoying but tolerable. If it gets significantly worse than I may have to rip the cover out. But I wouldn't recommend ripping it out just yet. Just give it some time and it will grow on you. You don't want to rip it off and then regret doing it, because there's no way of putting it back on.
    10-02-09 06:10 PM
    i've read several times that people have done it!
    10-02-09 06:10 PM
    I too love my 360. I really can't see enough difference between the naked buttons and the covered ones to want to hack them out. The screen cover seems far more intrusive. What is it that makes you consider surgery?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 06:14 PM
    I'm considering surgey for two reasons. First I feel that I am just a touch less accurate with my typing because the keyboard is now flat instead of having angled keys which I thought felt great to type on. Also I feel that I can't scroll as fast because the motion of the trackball is limited by the cover. Thank you guys for your opinions.

10-02-09 07:21 PM
    I have the black 360 and my keyboard protector was bubbled up since day 1 and is very annoying! My wife has the red 360 and hers is as tight as can be flush with the keyboard. I called Seidio and they're going to ship me a replacement.
    10-02-09 08:30 PM
    I haven't ripped it out, but I've heard about people who have done it. Recently my keyboard cover has started to bubble up, which is annoying but tolerable. If it gets significantly worse than I may have to rip the cover out. But I wouldn't recommend ripping it out just yet. Just give it some time and it will grow on you. You don't want to rip it off and then regret doing it, because there's no way of putting it back on.
    Call seidio and get a replacement. Mine did the same and I exchanged it.
    10-02-09 10:23 PM
    Call seidio and get a replacement. Mine did the same and I exchanged it.
    I already got my first one replaced (had a problem with the screen protector) so I'm a little hesitant to ask for another one (although for $35 you do expect a perfectly-working case). I'll give it a week or so and see how much worse it gets before I try to get another replacement. It's really too bad because without these little hitches, the case would be perfect. Seidio really has to crack down on their manufacturing process. From what I read on these forums, A LOT of people are doing exchanges, which I'm sure costs Seidio some money. The customer service is great, but they could be saving a ton of money if they just made sure each and every single case was perfect before it left the warehouse.
    10-02-09 10:35 PM
    I ripped it off with no issues. I was fed up with the trackball being recessed and I wanted to see if I preferred the design over my Innocase II. In the end, I don't like the bar between the keyboard and screen so I stuck with my Innocase II though. I assume the 360 is no more than an Innocase Surface I with a bit more protection.
    10-03-09 03:57 AM
    My 1st 360 had a bubbled keyboard cover from day 1. I contacted them and they promptly sent me a replacement. Upon receiving the replacement the key cover was nice and snug. Day two, began to bubble. I took the whole case off and just use my extended battery now. I thought about cutting the keypad off of one. But I might send them back.

10-03-09 09:17 AM
    Do any of you have issues with the case "snapping" mechanism? The first 360 I got didn't snap on the right upper corner (so the case was always slightly open). I got a replacement from them and the same issue, right upper corner. Any info on this before I call them for yet another replacement?
    10-13-09 09:59 AM
    Neither one of mine had a problem with it snapping together properly. I will admit it is a ***** to get off when it is on though.
    10-13-09 10:11 AM
    Hmmmm...the complete opposite of the problem you are having.
    10-13-09 10:30 AM
    Surgically removed the keyboard cover using an Xacto knife almost immediately when I first got the 360. Couldn't stand the interference with what is a very nice keyboard on the Tour.

Took off the case, set the front on a firm surface and slowly went around the opening from the front of the case with the knife. Cut cleanly and quickly. Most important, the keyboard cover still stuck to the case (just the edges on the inside) made a nice seal around the keyboard and kept the integrity of the case.

Love the end result! Nice screen cover; solid grip; great Seidio touch; and easy keyboard access.
    10-13-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD