I just bought Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery from seidioonline.com .
    It works great and does not make your phone feel very heavy and bulky when carrying and using it like most extended batteries do. I would highly recommend this battery if anyone is looking for a extended battery for there Bold.
    Last edited by rcrlc180; 12-05-08 at 02:37 PM.
    12-04-08 10:10 PM
    Be sure and let us know how much more life you actually get out of it...I have been curious.
    12-04-08 10:30 PM
    I have an extended battery too and am sorely disapointed with the "extra" life I get. I should have bought another standard one. Not worth the money for the extended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 10:43 PM
    I think the diff is $4
    12-04-08 11:11 PM
    Be sure and let us know how much more life you actually get out of it...I have been curious.
    Okay check back in a couple of days because I want to wait a couple of charge cycles because I just got it yesterday. If this means anything, I was listening to continuous music on my Bold for 4 hours yesterday night and it only went through 1/10th of the battery basically after a full charge.
    12-05-08 06:21 AM
    Got any pictures of it? is it larger than the standard and does it stick out any more?
    12-05-08 06:27 AM
    I will post some pictures for you. Yes it is larger then the standard battery. It sticks out only 5 Millimeters from the back of the phone.
    12-05-08 06:45 AM
    Here are some Pictures.

Last edited by rcrlc180; 12-05-08 at 07:17 AM.
    12-05-08 07:12 AM
    Man, that's ugly, I'd rather charge it every day. I get great battery life by using autostandby and not leaving wifi on when I'm not browsing - enough for a busy day of music, sat nav, texting/emails, calls and browsing.

12-05-08 07:49 AM
    Thanks for sharing those pics of the extended battery. I been wondering how much the case would stick out but it doesnt look to be much.
    12-05-08 08:31 AM
    No problem Kojimon.
    12-05-08 08:36 AM
    Interested to know the results as well ... I have got into the habit of charging my phone whenever I get a chance ... When at work its attached to my PC, when driving plugged into the car charger, at night time its plugged into the wall ....

With that routine, never had a issue of the battery running out on me ...

But another battery would be a great extra buffer, just in case ...
    12-05-08 08:40 AM
    An extra battery is nice to have. I bought an extra standard battery for $40. Its great to have when I have those extended phone calls and consistant text and emailing. I do approx 3200 messages a month. Thats a little over 100 a day. Emails average approx 15-20 a day. Could be crazy to some but then again why would you have a blackberry if you don't use it for what its worth?
    12-05-08 10:40 AM
    I'm not sure I would want to do anything to this phone that would make it any bigger than it already is....
    12-05-08 11:05 AM
    [QUOTE=rcrlc180;1111177]Here are some Pictures.

Man that is HIDEOUS!!
    A second battery is the only option.. dammmmmmmmm that is ugly!!
    12-05-08 12:09 PM
    That thing is bigger than my first appartment! I'd see about renting it out if I were you....
    12-05-08 02:21 PM
    Man, that's ugly, I'd rather charge it every day. I get great battery life by using autostandby and not leaving wifi on when I'm not browsing - enough for a busy day of music, sat nav, texting/emails, calls and browsing.

LMAO yeah wow thats pretty ugly. is that rubber or plastic?
    12-05-08 02:34 PM
    Wow that is ugly. I wonder still how the Seido extended battery is. The one that doesn't require the extended back door.
    12-05-08 02:36 PM
    LMAO yeah wow thats pretty ugly. is that rubber or plastic?
    It is plastic but it has a rubbery texture to it.
    12-05-08 02:40 PM
    It is plastic but it has a rubbery texture to it.
    A rubbery back might feel nice. If only it was more rounded and not so...refridgerator looking...

im over the whole pleather back of my bold...it feels liek dry skin to me.

if they made a metal one liek the storm i woudl be all over it....would def make it heavier though.
    12-05-08 02:45 PM
    I had one of these for my Curve, and it was huge as well...I wound up sending it back.
    12-05-08 02:46 PM
    I was on the subway going to Manhattan using my phone all day today. Between the music, texting, calls, emails and Google Maps it drained my battery pretty quick. I finally decided I am going to order another battery and just keep in it my bag. No way can I do an extended battery.
    12-05-08 06:25 PM
    Overall, I've been pleased with the battery life. However, I have a couple of questions.

You said that that the case is plastic but has a rubbery feel to it. If you set the Bold on a table, can you push it and have it move? The default backing does this, but when I put my BlackBerry skin on it, it won't move when I push it. Do you get the same effect from the battery cover? I guess that would tell me how "rubbery" it really is (kind of a selling point to me, truth be known).

Second, have you tried to put your Bold into the belt case that came with it? Does it still fit? I actually like the case that came with my Bold. Just wondering if I could still use it if I bought this battery!
    12-05-08 09:37 PM
    Overall, I've been pleased with the battery life. However, I have a couple of questions.

You said that that the case is plastic but has a rubbery feel to it. If you set the Bold on a table, can you push it and have it move? The default backing does this, but when I put my BlackBerry skin on it, it won't move when I push it. Do you get the same effect from the battery cover? I guess that would tell me how "rubbery" it really is (kind of a selling point to me, truth be known).

Second, have you tried to put your Bold into the belt case that came with it? Does it still fit? I actually like the case that came with my Bold. Just wondering if I could still use it if I bought this battery!
    It's a smooth rubber coating, not sticky like a silicon skin. If you push it, it will move. Also, it will not fit in the OEM holster. Well, I take that back, you could "fit" it in there, but you won't get it out quickly. It is VERY tight.
    12-05-08 09:53 PM
    Thanks for the info! I had the same problem with the BB skin I bought. Hmmmm... The jury is still out!

12-05-08 11:05 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD