Got the Seidio 2600 mah extended batt w the replacement battery door. Love the battery. However I'm having an issue getting my Tour to charge in the charging pod. The contacts aren't sitting right and it appears that the replacement battery door is causing the problem. If I take the door of and set it in the pod it charges fine. With the door on it doesn't. I tried pulling the contacts on the pod out, and also on the Tour itself with negative results. I'm afraid torque on the contacts on my tour any further as I'm worried I'll snap them off or worse. Anyone else find a fix for this problem??
    11-01-09 04:13 AM
    Which charging pod are you using? RIM's or Seidio's?
    11-01-09 07:41 AM
    RIM's (10 Char)
    11-01-09 11:09 AM
    There was a plastic film over the charging contacts. Did you remove that?

I"ve used the Seidio 2600 Battery with replacement door in Blackberry OEM cradle and never had a problem with it charging at all.

I usually just drop it straight down into the pod and then lean it back. It always goes into bedside mode that way, Works perfectly for me.

HTH.
    11-01-09 12:20 PM
    Yes. The film is removed. If you re read my initial post, my berry charges fine without the new battery door on. I've been using the pod for months with the 1600mah extended battery with no issues. I can get it to charge with the 2600 and the new battery door if I push down on the berry while it in the pod.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 12:34 PM
    Yes. The film is removed. If you re read my initial post, my berry charges fine without the new battery door on. I've been using the pod for months with the 1600mah extended battery with no issues. I can get it to charge with the 2600 and the new battery door if I push down on the berry while it in the pod.....

Has this problem been fixed? About to order one and this is important to me.
    05-05-10 01:49 AM
    I have the RIM charging pod and Seidio 2600mah battery and the charging pod works for me, but I did have to pull the contacts out a bit farther. Just go slowly and pull them out a little at a time until it works reliably.

I too drop straight down or leaning forward and then lean it back.

05-05-10 05:00 AM
    [QUOTE=the_sandman_454;5079006]I have the RIM charging pod and Seidio 2600mah battery and the charging pod works for me, but I did have to pull the contacts out a bit farther. Just go slowly and pull them out a little at a time until it works reliably.

I too drop straight down or leaning forward and then lean it back.

Same here ... Good Advice
    05-05-10 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD