Hey abusers...

I need some help deciding whether I should go with the 1700 or 2600 extended for my Bold 9650. Now I've used the 2600 for my old curve 8330 and it worked wonders but the door wasn't up too par with all the removals due to battery pulls I needed too do and eventually broke, i'm wondering if the door on the 2600mAh will follow suite. I'm also curious about getting the 1700mAh because my oem battery does very well so I figured the 1700 would get me over that hump I need to go without spending the extra bucks and sacrificing my body glove case. I tried youtube and haven't seen any reviews for the Tour/Bold, so if anyone has it can you send a video or give a good testament to whether I should get either of the two batteries, also is the 2600mAh thickness a lot cause I'm thinking i'll just use my leather pouch if it will fit!
    My pin is 3220E8D8 for faster response

Thanks in Advance!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 02:07 PM
    I don't have either, but: http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/sei...e-crap-519061/
    I'm considering getting the 1700mAh battery myself, but my wife says I have to buy food instead
    08-25-10 06:02 PM
    Honestly, I wouldn't buy the extended battery, I've bought them in the past and the battery doors really are made poorly. Also, no accessories or charging cradles work with it other then Seidio's.

I have the older 1600 mAh battery and don't even use it because it seems like it looses the charge faster then the OEM one. I've seen other CB'ers complain about this as well. My advice: buy an additional OEM battery and the BlackBerry spare battery charger and u'll always have a charged battery.

08-26-10 02:28 AM
    Hey abusers...

I need some help deciding whether I should go with the 1700 or 2600 extended for my Bold 9650. Now I've used the 2600 for my old curve 8330 and it worked wonders but the door wasn't up too par with all the removals due to battery pulls I needed too do and eventually broke, i'm wondering if the door on the 2600mAh will follow suite. I'm also curious about getting the 1700mAh because my oem battery does very well so I figured the 1700 would get me over that hump I need to go without spending the extra bucks and sacrificing my body glove case. I tried youtube and haven't seen any reviews for the Tour/Bold, so if anyone has it can you send a video or give a good testament to whether I should get either of the two batteries, also is the 2600mAh thickness a lot cause I'm thinking i'll just use my leather pouch if it will fit!
    My pin is 3220E8D8 for faster response

Thanks in Advance!!!

I use the 2600 battery from Seidio. Had it from my Storm2. I got 2 doors from them and even though they can be tricky to remove, they work great. The battery gives me 48-72 hours easily and the phone feels better in my hand. I just purchased the Seidio charging dock and after reading on here I have that dock working perfectly. I rarely take out my battery so I have no issues with the door personally. I have seen a lot of others complain about the door. Good luck.
    08-29-10 11:08 AM
    I haven't had any trouble with the door for my Storm2, but maybe they are different on the Bold? Sure it's not as nice as the metal door, but it seems to work fine and they did put metal tabs on it, which may be the difference? I also hardly ever remove it...
    08-29-10 06:37 PM
    Yeah the door for the Storm 2 was much better than the door for the 9650. I miss that phone a little.
    08-30-10 10:36 AM
    But the 1750mAh uses the stock Bold door, right? So battery door wouldn't be an issue.
    09-02-10 09:09 PM
    Yes SCrid, the 1700 mAh battery is OEM sized and uses the same door.
    09-04-10 08:30 AM
    I agree the battery door is a bit tricky but I have figured the best way to pull it off without any problems for the select few times I have had to.

09-05-10 11:40 PM
    I have both batteries and with the 2600mAh extended battery I am able to use the OEM pod to charge and use as my alarm in the morning with no connection problems. With the extended battery door I just put it so it is upside down with the bottom sticking towards my face and pull the door towards the wall and it opens.

DJ
    09-07-10 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD