ok just got my extended 1650 battery which you can use with the stock battery cover and i can say this battery is alot better than stock..I can tell a BIG difference on how long my phone last compared to the stock one. I think the battery is well worth $50. people think since its only a small upgrade you will not be able to tell much but i can tell you first hand for me with heavy use i can easily go two full days which i did today. Ive only charged it twice to full and according to the directions..the battery will get better after 5-6 full charges...
    01-02-09 02:43 AM
    ok just got my extended 1650 battery which you can use with the stock battery cover and i can say this battery is alot better than stock..I can tell a BIG difference on how long my phone last compared to the stock one. I think the battery is well worth $50. people think since its only a small upgrade you will not be able to tell much but i can tell you first hand for me with heavy use i can easily go two full days which i did today. Ive only charged it twice to full and according to the directions..the battery will get better after 5-6 full charges...
    Nice. Was looking to getting that. Just curious, how much juice did the stock battery get u?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 10:51 AM
    I would like to know how long the 3500mAh battery last, for 10 bucks more.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Sagt35Qt
    01-02-09 12:28 PM
    Nice. Was looking to getting that. Just curious, how much juice did the stock battery get u?

the stock one lasted me a full day with heavy use..i get about 150-200 emails , 50-80 texts a day and heavy use includes internet, phone calls, just tooling around on the phone..playing some music.

i heard the larger one last a long time.but im not a big fan of the ugly battery cover
    01-02-09 03:49 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, I was looking into getting one myself.

01-02-09 04:16 PM
    I'll thinking to buy it
    01-02-09 04:41 PM
    Just got mine today!!

01-02-09 04:52 PM
    I have one on the way!
    01-02-09 05:08 PM
    Seidio's similar form factor battery offers a capacity rated at 1650mAh.

The BB OEM battery is rated at 1550mAh. (Although there are places on BlackBerry.com that state the 9000's OEM battery is only 1500mAh.)

The rated capacities only reflect the Seidio offing a nominal increase of 100mAh over the OEM battery. Often however, rated capacities are conservative. It is indeed possible that the Seidio battery is actually better that what the 100mAh difference suggests.

Either way, for just four dollars more, the Seidio battery is a good choice.
    01-02-09 05:11 PM
    the stock one lasted me a full day with heavy use..i get about 150-200 emails , 50-80 texts a day and heavy use includes internet, phone calls, just tooling around on the phone..playing some music.

i heard the larger one last a long time.but im not a big fan of the ugly battery cover
    This is starting to sound better! That's the same kind of run time I get from my stock battery and my usage is pretty similar to yours. Gonna order one now and report back!

01-04-09 03:10 AM
    now u guys have to remember..according to seidio the battery gets better after few full charges today i disconnected my phone at about 11am...by midnight i only lost 1 1/2 bars...thats with heavy use...
    01-04-09 03:57 AM
    I think I'm going to put my order in for one of these in the morning. I was looking for another battery but I think this will be even better

01-04-09 04:09 AM
    Got mine last Friday and charged overnight. Relatively light use on Saturday and I had 3/4 battery bars when I went to bed last night ---would normally be about 1/2 on a light use day. Will see after a few more charges and when I get back to work (meaning heavy use days) starting tomorrow.
    01-04-09 02:32 PM
    Good to know - where are you guys getting it from? the CB store?
    01-04-09 03:01 PM
    so i got mine on friday and so far its really turning out to be a good purchase. ive noticed that it takes longer to lose that first section of battery and i use my phone a lot. ill keep yall updated
    01-04-09 03:05 PM
    Been using mine for the last month or so...with good results. Nothing amazing, but the little "security net" of extra battery life is a good thing at the end of a long day...
    01-04-09 05:17 PM
    i actually have real good results with mine..been testing it for past few days..today i took it off the charger at 1030 am and used the **** out of it..like i normally do..its 7pm and only 1/2 bar gone..
    01-04-09 08:52 PM
    Just bought a Mugen 3600 mAh w/cover on eBay for 69.99. I use my BB as my principal biz phone and I am always worried about running out of juice. My previous BB was an 8820 - always had a backup battery in my backpack for that form factor as well.
    01-04-09 09:30 PM
    Just bought a Mugen 3600 mAh w/cover on eBay for 69.99. I use my BB as my principal biz phone and I am always worried about running out of juice. My previous BB was an 8820 - always had a backup battery in my backpack for that form factor as well.
    Yeah I would really like the 3600, but I can't deal with the extended back. The phone size is perfect in my mind and do not want to make it any larger.

01-04-09 09:37 PM
    I always want more juice but with my constent use and long days I still have enough at the end of a day that an over night charge does just fine. If my battery start lacking I'll probably pick this one up thanks for the feedback.

01-04-09 09:38 PM
    dang they don't deliver to my area!
    01-05-09 04:20 AM
    I love this battery...I bought one just for the added security of being able to have more battery juice. If you use your Bold heavily, this is the route to go...I also got the AutoStandby program and that has helped to increase my battery life considerably.
    01-05-09 11:29 AM
    rgalen, this is the first time I've heard of the Mugen - the smooth rear cover sounds good. Did you find it easy to get used to the thicker size? Is your Bold appreciably heavier?

I need to get an extra battery myself - many looong days on the road where recharging isn't much of an option...
    01-23-09 06:18 AM
    I have had this battery for a while now, and everything was fine at first. Then, out of nowhere, my Bold died and I could not get it back up. I ended up buying a new one and swapped the batteries so I put the original battery in the dead device. All of a sudden it started working, but only long enough to allow me to change the device on the DM.

The new one, with the 1650 battery, was working OK for a few weeks and then it started shutting itself off a few times a day. After a few days, I was so pissed, and I ended up putting the original battery in again. Now everything was OK again. Still not sure if this is device-related, but it seems that both devices didn't like the other battery.
    01-23-09 07:02 AM
    I have had this battery for a while now, and everything was fine at first. Then, out of nowhere, my Bold died and I could not get it back up. I ended up buying a new one and swapped the batteries so I put the original battery in the dead device. All of a sudden it started working, but only long enough to allow me to change the device on the DM.

The new one, with the 1650 battery, was working OK for a few weeks and then it started shutting itself off a few times a day. After a few days, I was so pissed, and I ended up putting the original battery in again. Now everything was OK again. Still not sure if this is device-related, but it seems that both devices didn't like the other battery.

hmm, I was thinking about getting this battery... has anyone else had this problem??
    01-23-09 08:50 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD