seidio innocase II ftw!!!

i've been searching for a case for the 9700 since i bought the phone two weeks ago.

the att corp store where i purchased the phone had the following cases available:
    *ifrogz luxe- $29.99 i wasn't a fan of the dual color scheme, but it seems like a solid case. very similar to the innocase two piece style.
    *incipio feather 2 pack- $34.99 very lightweight and non-obstrusive (still fits in the oem holster). its light and slim form factor would be its main selling point, but it doesn't offer enough protection for my liking and may be flimsy (the rep cracked his incipio case while demonstrating how to snap the case on and off).
    *brand x soft shell - $24.99 clear smoke grey soft tpu. looked nice and felt durable, but overpriced imho. very similar to the epik case, the only difference that was obvious was the lack of the circle design.

tmob corp store had the following choices:
    *brand x hard acrylic- $19.99 two piece (front and back) clear acrylic case. looked cheap and brittle.
    *blackberry skin- $12.99 oem gel skin.

i went ahead and purchased the blackberry skin as a temporary solution while i searched online for a better case. perusing the crackberry forums helped narrow down the list of candidates to innocase II, innocase 360, otterbox commuter and bestbuy platinum series. in the end i decided the platinum series and innocase II would be the my best choices. when bestbuy finally stocked the platinum series i was surprised to find the had switched manufacturers from seidio to incipio. the platinum case/holster was very tempting $39.99 (on sale for $31.99) but in the end i was a leaning toward seidio because of the docking options, pocketability and very stealth good looks. as an added bonous it covers up the slight light leak between the lcd bezel and the chrome frame.

seidio innocase II
    *pros- docking options, lightweight, slim, rubberized feel
    *cons- may scratch chrome with repeated removal (but i'm not planning to take the case on and off too often).
    12-10-09 12:55 PM
    I have this case, too, but I also have the Innocase 360. Now that, is virtually the perfect case

PS: nice post...
    12-10-09 12:58 PM
    looks great! When you say pros "docking options", does that mean it fits into the OEM Charging Pod???
    12-10-09 01:00 PM
    dmb8506 - it fits into the Seidio charging pod (it has removable templates). I think the standard pod is too small. Well, mine is, anyway...
    12-10-09 01:01 PM
    Otterbox Commuter Case!!
    12-10-09 01:02 PM
    seidio innocase II ftw!!!

i've been searching for a case for the 9700 since i bought the phone two weeks ago.

the att corp store where i purchased the phone had the following cases available:
    *ifrogz luxe- $29.99 i wasn't a fan of the dual color scheme, but it seems like a solid case. very similar to the innocase two piece style.
    *incipio feather 2 pack- $34.99 very lightweight and non-obstrusive (still fits in the oem holster). its light and slim form factor would be its main selling point, but it doesn't offer enough protection for my liking and may be flimsy (the rep cracked his incipio case while demonstrating how to snap the case on and off).
    *brand x soft shell - $24.99 clear smoke grey soft tpu. looked nice and felt durable, but overpriced imho. very similar to the epik case, the only difference that was obvious was the lack of the circle design.

tmob corp store had the following choices:
    *brand x hard acrylic- $19.99 two piece (front and back) clear acrylic case. looked cheap and brittle.
    *blackberry skin- $12.99 oem gel skin.

i went ahead and purchased the blackberry skin as a temporary solution while i searched online for a better case. perusing the crackberry forums helped narrow down the list of candidates to innocase II, innocase 360, otterbox commuter and bestbuy platinum series. in the end i decided the platinum series and innocase II would be the my best choices. when bestbuy finally stocked the platinum series i was surprised to find the had switched manufacturers from seidio to incipio. the platinum case/holster was very tempting $39.99 (on sale for $31.99) but in the end i was a leaning toward seidio because of the docking options, pocketability and very stealth good looks. as an added bonous it covers up the slight light leak between the lcd bezel and the chrome frame.

seidio innocase II
    *pros- docking options, lightweight, slim, rubberized feel
    *cons- may scratch chrome with repeated removal (but i'm not planning to take the case on and off too often).
    This case scratched the he*L out of my IPhone it rubs the phone when sliding down one grain of sand and your done! The OtterBox Commuter is the best case out there IMO. It covers everything even the ports.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 12-10-09 at 01:07 PM.
    12-10-09 01:05 PM
    bonus mini review:

blackberry skins
    terrible case overall imho:
    *pros- looks good from a distance?
    *cons- attracts lint, flimsy and lets in a lot of dirt. my mute key and chrome trim got scratched pretty good while i was using this case. not a good case if you keep your phone in your pocket. also the case shows wear and tear on the lock and mute sections after only a week of use. BOOOOOO!!!!
    12-10-09 01:12 PM
    vyacon - I totally have to agree with you on your 'bonus review'!?!
    12-10-09 01:18 PM
    I had the innocase II for 8900 and I dropped it in a parking lot once and the two openings at the top for the lock and mute buttons got scratched. The 360 caused problems when I was trying to use the trackball - the piece of plastic was too close.

I am going to try the otterbox impact this time and see how it goes.
    12-10-09 01:21 PM
    This case scratched the he*L out of my IPhone it rubs the phone when sliding down one grain of sand and your done! The OtterBox Commuter is the best case out there IMO. It covers everything even the ports.
    sorry to hear that, like i said i don't plan to take the phone out of the case too often. that said, i've taken it off and put it back on a several times already and no scratches so far. the otterbox commuter probably trumps the innocase II in sheer physical protection, but factoring in the optional docking cradle and slimmer form factor this is MY perfect case.
    glad you're happy with otterbox tho.
    12-10-09 01:21 PM
    looks great! When you say pros "docking options", does that mean it fits into the OEM Charging Pod???
    i meant you can purchase the seidio cradle that fits the 9700 with or without the case. i wish blackberry made a dock similar to apple so that aftermarket case manufacturers would be able to include their own cradle dock attachment for use with the oem dock.
    12-10-09 01:30 PM
    I have this case, too, but I also have the Innocase 360. Now that, is virtually the perfect case

PS: nice post...
    thanks. i like the 360 also, only deal breaker is the overlay on the keypad. how difficult would it be to remove the keypad cover from the case and would it affect the actual "fit"?
    12-10-09 01:36 PM
    I've heard of two people on here (CrackBerry.com) that have actually done it. And it was rather simple. I'm sure with a sharp razor it would work flawlessly...

thanks. i like the 360 also, only deal breaker is the overlay on the keypad. how difficult would it be to remove the keypad cover from the case and would it affect the actual "fit"?
    12-10-09 01:38 PM
    I cut mine out without problems. I used a razor knife and took my time and got it off no problem.
    12-10-09 01:51 PM
    I'll keep mine on for now, but if it start to bubble like it did on my BOLD 9000, I'll cut it off!

I cut mine out without problems. I used a razor knife and took my time and got it off no problem.
    12-10-09 01:57 PM
    do you have any close-up pics?
    12-10-09 02:16 PM
    the perfect case is no case at all.. just my opinion ; >
    12-10-09 02:22 PM
    That's funny, albeit I agree with that comment for the BOLD 9000...

the perfect case is no case at all.. just my opinion ; >
    12-10-09 02:24 PM
    I wish Case-Mate would make a Signature case for the 9700, like the one for the 8900. I got a Barely There silver case yesterday from Case-Mate, looks terrific, but hella slippery.
    12-10-09 03:09 PM
    I wish Case-Mate would make a Signature case for the 9700, like the one for the 8900. I got a Barely There silver case yesterday from Case-Mate, looks terrific, but hella slippery.
    I am looking at one of these, but worried whether it give 'enough' protection if dropped. What's your opinion? Also wante dto know whether it's a nice snug fit, or if the phone move a little in the case. How's the fit? Thanks for ny help you can give.
    12-10-09 04:33 PM
    get the otterbox commuter case forsure!
    12-10-09 04:55 PM
    bonus mini review:

blackberry skins
    terrible case overall imho:
    *pros- looks good from a distance?
    *cons- attracts lint, flimsy and lets in a lot of dirt. my mute key and chrome trim got scratched pretty good while i was using this case. not a good case if you keep your phone in your pocket. also the case shows wear and tear on the lock and mute sections after only a week of use. BOOOOOO!!!!
    I definitely agree with the lint and flimsiness of it. I've used it for about a week now and the buttons on the skin looks okay.

I just ordered Case-Mate's Barely There case. Has anyone used it?
    12-10-09 05:07 PM
    Seido...I LOVE it! Black, plastic with grippy rubber. Only thing is it won't absorb a good impact. But doesn't add almost any weight, and not much thickness to the phone. Great for throwin in my pockets!
    12-10-09 05:18 PM
    I would love to get the OtterBox Commuter case but they don't have a holster for it. What good is a case without a holster?!
    12-10-09 05:19 PM
    Thinking im gonna get this case Innocase II. Does it still fit into the OEM leather holster??
    12-15-09 11:32 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD