I just ordered the new tour and I have been debating about whether or not I want a screen protector. When I got my new ipod, I had an invisishield put on before I even plugged it into my computer. I was thinking of doing this with my tour but I don't think there will be a screen protector that I can get right when I get the phone, which is crucial to me. And, I was thinking that the screen protector kind of takes away from the phone. I was thinking that it would be more aesthetically pleasing to not put a screen protector on the phone, and if the screen ever gets heavily scratched, just buy a new one for a few bucks and replace it. What do you guys think?
    07-03-09 05:52 PM
    I'm of the opposite opinion that a screen protector offers cheap insurance against screen damage. I'd rather be proactive than reactive to damage to the screen.
    07-03-09 05:56 PM
    Upon thinking of it more, Ive decided it all comes down to how much a new screen will cost. Any ballparks? I saw around $3 for an older bb on cnn
    07-03-09 06:13 PM
    ALWAYS use a sp on any device that is not a touchscreen (diminishes feel and response).
    Today's sp's are very clear and protect your device.

Wise men (and women) use sp's.
    07-03-09 06:45 PM
    I'm getting a protector because I don't want to take chances.
    07-03-09 06:45 PM
    it would be pretty dumb not to have a screen protector on. You don't even know there there so why wouldnt you want to protect the best part of the phone? kinda insane to even ask the question though
    07-03-09 06:52 PM
    I don't use a screen protector.. I just take care of my phones.
    07-03-09 07:32 PM
    I've never used screen protector, never been overly cautious with regards to my screen, and never had a problem with my screen getting scratched. Besides, they make your phone look ugly.
    if you never used them, how do you knwo what they even look like? you don't even know there on the phone
    07-03-09 08:11 PM
    things like the storm/iphone don't necessarily need a screen protector because they are glass..

when using a phone that has a plastic screen (even though they are decent) a screen protector is pretty smart..

usually most the company's release reliable ones that don't take much away from how the screen looks so its not a major issue..

I personally suggest using one on a plastic screen
    07-03-09 08:16 PM
    Now the question is, who makes the best screen protectors,
    07-03-09 08:21 PM
    Undoubtely a good idea. If you win up with a screen scratch you will be very unhappy. I like Zagg's. They'll replace them free for life of your phone when you need them, no questions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 08:21 PM
    Keeping mine naked.........
    07-03-09 08:25 PM
    The screen protector cant hurt, it can only help. They are also very cheap, so if you are concerned about scratches on the screen, I would recommend it.
    07-03-09 08:29 PM
    what screen protectors would you guys recommend? i dont really like the feel of the invisible shield because of its "orange peel" effect
    07-03-09 08:47 PM
    Now the question is, who makes the best screen protectors,
    Yes, where do blackberry newbies go for the best screen protectors?
    07-03-09 08:47 PM
    things like the storm/iphone don't necessarily need a screen protector because they are glass..

when using a phone that has a plastic screen (even though they are decent) a screen protector is pretty smart..

usually most the company's release reliable ones that don't take much away from how the screen looks so its not a major issue..

I personally suggest using one on a plastic screen
    And here all this time I have been using a screen protector and had no idea the Storm screen was glass- presumed it was plastic. Oddly, I don't use one on my iPod touch.

So I can rip this annoying thing off?
    07-03-09 08:53 PM
    I say go for a protector.

I use Screen patronus.
    07-03-09 09:53 PM
    ZAGGS is what I use!
    07-03-09 10:32 PM
    I always use the invisible shields by zagg and love them! Some people say they have a weird texture to them, but I never noticed it except for on my voyager where you have to press down pretty hard on the screen, which did sorta make scrolling more difficult. But on my ipod touch i haven't had had any complaints! And besides the tour isn't a touchscreen so its not like your going to be touching it all the time. But you cant get anything better or more scratch proof than a zagg!!
    07-03-09 10:40 PM
    Do a search, but I use BSE (Best Skins Ever).
    07-03-09 11:22 PM
    Do a search, but I use BSE (Best Skins Ever).
    I contacted BSE and they don't have plans to make a Tour skin at this time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 11:30 PM
    Jeez you would shell out over 200 for a phone and not spend a measly 10 bucks to protect your investment, doesn't make sense
    07-04-09 01:16 AM
    screen protectors are great, they work if you're a bit clumsy. i've only had to replace one of my phones ever. before i replaced it i had a sp on it with that 'orange peel' look but it did the job. after it died on me and i got a replacement through insurance i didn't put on a sp for it. still looks to be in great (not perfect) condition even when in my pocket with keys and such. but i do like the shiny glassy look better than the plastic.
    07-04-09 01:20 AM
    And here all this time I have been using a screen protector and had no idea the Storm screen was glass- presumed it was plastic. Oddly, I don't use one on my iPod touch.

So I can rip this annoying thing off?

yes absolutely you can.. keep in mind it may leave a small residue on the screen that you can gently clean off..

I used a screen protector on the storm for 2 days..

I have had it sense launch its been in and out of my pocket with keys and whatnot for months..

no scratches here bright as new
    07-04-09 01:20 AM
    get the one for the psp and cut it down, thick high quality stuff, no bubbles...just cut it peel off one side let it fall on the screen and peel the other side off....i use that UNDER a privacy filter which tends to scratch easily but adds more protection as well as privacy, usually needs to be replaced after a few months, but the actual protector ive never replaced and have tried them all, its very scratch resistant....go to target they run about 7-10 bucks its psyclone brand, i may have misspelled that, but you should find it
    Last edited by sin1134; 07-04-09 at 01:23 AM. Reason: finger sllllipped
    07-04-09 01:22 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD