spent $17 at local best buy on a universal zagg this time (when I got the 9700 there was NOTHING available in the small town of savannah). 3 sheets you can cut to fit and each sheet makes 2 protectors for the 9700. I have tried phantom skinz, zagg, and bse for my 8900. Phantom works the best with no orange peel, but I got zagg for now because it was the only thing available here. I will say that zagg does not peel up around the edges like bse and phantom though. It can be a bi*ch to get back off though.
    12-21-09 08:44 AM
    spent $17 at local best buy on a universal zagg this time (when I got the 9700 there was NOTHING available in the small town of savannah). 3 sheets you can cut to fit and each sheet makes 2 protectors for the 9700. I have tried phantom skinz, zagg, and bse for my 8900. Phantom works the best with no orange peel, but I got zagg for now because it was the only thing available here. I will say that zagg does not peel up around the edges like bse and phantom though. It can be a bi*ch to get back off though.
    you just got screen protector on or whole body? i'd pay someone to install a full kit for me haha. my restless hands wont stay steady enough to sit and do the whole phone, believe me i tried.
    12-21-09 08:57 AM
    iphone screen and BB screen are very different. the iphone is glass and much less prone to scratching than the plastic BB screen, so be careful.
    yeah i know, i'm quite careful though, so i think i can get through with it. The probability of scratching my iPhone's screen seemed to be higher (it scratched a few times), i think its because the whole front is glass..so theres more area to scratch lol
    12-21-09 11:42 AM
    you just got screen protector on or whole body? i'd pay someone to install a full kit for me haha. my restless hands wont stay steady enough to sit and do the whole phone, believe me i tried.
    just the screen. I use an OEM skin while I am waiting on my commuter case.
    12-21-09 11:54 AM
    just the screen. I use an OEM skin while I am waiting on my commuter case.
    im waiting to see if anyone will buy me the commuter case for the holidays. if not i'll go get one after xmas/birthday
    12-21-09 01:28 PM
    I had a Zagg InvisibleShield on my 8320 for a few months. It is a great screen protector but it constantly collected dust around the edges (like the OP mentions) and after a few weeks the edges started to peel up. I ended up taking off the full body skin and leaving just the screen piece on because every time I went to use my phone another part of the protector was coming off. The screen piece did also start to peel but I dealt with it because I didn't want scratches on that part of the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 03:52 PM
    LOL no worries guys, I'm not losing any sleep .

The dust is slightly annoying only when I look at it, but I usually forget about five seconds later. Anyway, it's a moot point now as I've removed some of the protection (keeping only the basics) and I'm getting used to the holster.

Thanks!

P.S. To above, if it starts to peel, can't you add a bit of water to activate the adhesive/wash away the dust and re-apply? That's what I did when I retried my skin after just a day of use.
    12-22-09 12:54 AM
    LOL no worries guys, I'm not losing any sleep .

The dust is slightly annoying only when I look at it, but I usually forget about five seconds later. Anyway, it's a moot point now as I've removed some of the protection (keeping only the basics) and I'm getting used to the holster.

Thanks!

P.S. To above, if it starts to peel, can't you add a bit of water to activate the adhesive/wash away the dust and re-apply? That's what I did when I retried my skin after just a day of use.
    You can but I didn't have the patience to do that for every single piece. Plus, whenever I put a gel skin on it the protector would start to peel again in spots. I just took it off and that was that. I kept the protector where it matters most though; the screen. It is still on there today even though the phone is just sitting in a box now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 01:12 AM
    Sometimes I wonder, if I have a screen protector, the screen isn't scratched, right? Well the skin does (somewhat), and in the end you're looking at a not-perfect screen...so what's the point?
    12-22-09 02:39 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD