you're a genius, and so arrogant, claiming "Im da man with a plan"

Such pride should leave no room for mistakes.
    WolfmanRobby likes this.
    11-30-10 12:22 PM
    you're a genius, and so arrogant, claiming "Im da man with a plan"

Such pride should leave no room for mistakes.

Amen Brother!!!
    OhmEye likes this.
    11-30-10 12:31 PM
    im not a god.

Then stop ACTING LIKE you think you are!
    11-30-10 12:32 PM
    Geezus! Will you kids play nice.

I don't care whole stole who's toy. This is getting real old........ Either play nice or just don't respond to each other.

Nothing is being accomplished in any of your posts.

Not sure how many public warnings can be said over and over again...
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-30-10 12:37 PM
    Ok, I removed the screen protector since I have an extra one left and this time I cleaned the screen with an anti-mist anti static screen / glass cleaner and now it's perfect with not a single bubble.

Thanks to all the people that helped with their useful comments.

Thanks pbflash, WolfManRobby (although I don't like you), Yester.

And to all the ones that bashed me all I can say is MUWHAHAHAH
    11-30-10 01:03 PM
    Ok, I removed the screen protector since I have an extra one left and this time I cleaned the screen with an anti-mist anti static screen / glass cleaner and now it's perfect with not a single bubble.

No Thanks needed.

Don't be asking for it either... Pushing other people buttons....Yes we see it....
    xDAKx and OhmEye like this.
    11-30-10 01:07 PM
    Well, all I can say is that I'm a big enough man to offer help to even someone I despise.

I post it not for your benefit, but hopefully because someone else will learn form YOUR mistakes.
    11-30-10 01:12 PM
    No Thanks needed.

Don't be asking for it either... Pushing other people button....Yes we see it....
    Glad you see it!
    Fubaz and OhmEye like this.
    11-30-10 01:21 PM

WHAT ABOUT ME?
    I brought your 2 threads from september back to life for you to read!!!!
    WolfmanRobby likes this.
    11-30-10 01:23 PM
    WHAT ABOUT ME?
    I brought your 2 threads from september back to life for you to read!!!!
    Those threads were more than 5 minutes old. How does re-using them, or even reading them and going by what was posted there help his post count?
    Fubaz and OhmEye like this.
    11-30-10 01:26 PM
    Well, first mistake... NEVER use water on your BB.

You should have cleaned the screen with an alcohol based cleaning wipe. Most quality screen protectors come with one.

Alcohol dissipates within seconds and leaves no moisture or residue.

Water can react with the "Adhesive" in the Screen protector if it was not totally dry. While there is a chance that it will dry in 24 hours, if you got a GOOD SEAL on the screen protector, you may have sealed the moisture in there.

My advice... take it off, toss it in the trash, clean with an alcohol wipe (That will also dissipate any water left on there), then put a new screen protector on AFTER letting it dry for 5 to 10 minutes.

That, or just read the f'ing instructions that come with decent, quality screen protectors. They pretty much say what I just posted.

Reading instructions: It may take an extra few seconds up front, but it's a lot less time than screwing something up, posting for help, then having to re-do it.
    Yeah, I only use alcohol to clean my Blackberries.
    WolfmanRobby likes this.
    11-30-10 02:05 PM
    I wanted to give my input on this screen protector debate.

I agree that using water can be dangerous, however, I have to recommend a company called Phantom Skinz. By far, the best quality screen protector that I have ever used (and I have used them all, trust me: Zagg, BSE, etc.)

The Phantom Skinz do not have the "Orange Peel" effect that most screen protectors suffer from. Also, they are cut to precision better than any other screen protector I have tried. Check out this post for some examples:

Phantom Skinz on my Tour
    WolfmanRobby likes this.
    11-30-10 02:54 PM
    Since the ML debate has died down (thank god.) I'll add my views,

I personally do not suggest using the Zagg since they began moving away from spray bottle application, to using a small sponge which is soaked in the solution for application.

I personally have a screen protector from Ghost Armour installed on my 9700, which does have a slight effect to it, however I feel it's worth keeping the screen in perfect condition, The trick I learned from them is to hold the spray bottle about 12 inches from your device, and giving it one or two sprays, which is just enough to allow the protector film to be moved, but not enough to pose a risk to the PCB/internal components and circuits.
    11-30-10 03:07 PM
    I have the exact same screen protector on my blackberry that came with the replacement LCD and it hasn't needed a replacement since.

Darn thing is strong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 04:28 PM
    Since we're talking screen protectors, do any of these brands protect the angled edges of the screen? one thing about the 9700 is that most screen protectors dont fully cover the screen (the edges)

12-01-10 02:54 AM
    Since we're talking screen protectors, do any of these brands protect the angled edges of the screen? one thing about the 9700 is that most screen protectors dont fully cover the screen (the edges)

Maybe the Palm or iPhone screen protectors might work, they just have to be cut to shape very carefully.

12-01-10 02:55 AM

Yes it does cover the edged perfectly.
    12-01-10 02:58 AM
    WHO IN THE H3LL THANKED ML 16 TIMES?
    THOSE PEOPLE WERE EITHER NOOBS OR TRIGGER HAPPY.
    Me thinks that person who thanked his every post is also him using a different account.. How do you spell pathetic again? Oh M-A-T-R-I-X-L-E-A-D-E-R.
    jytvyj and Blacklatino like this.
    12-01-10 03:23 AM
    As John said, how many warnings must ya'll get? I should clean up this thread, and drop several members post counts. Were I to do it throughout the forums, I doubt any of the bashers would be genius'.

Stick to the dang topic PLEASE!
    12-01-10 05:03 AM
    I don't like the invisible shield or ghost shield for that matter. I have the privacy shield from Verizon and it has no issues whatsoever. Does what it should do and was easy to apply.
    12-01-10 02:32 PM
    I don't like the dark effect of the invisible shield personally
    12-01-10 03:17 PM
    I don't like the invisible shield or ghost shield for that matter. I have the privacy shield from Verizon and it has no issues whatsoever. Does what it should do and was easy to apply.
    Jude, I'm with you! I also have a privacy shield on mine, although I got mine from Handhelditems.com and it has been great! When I had to switch devices, I peeled it up and it transferred over beautifully. And I love the dark look to my screen, especially when someone is trying to look over your shoulder
    12-01-10 04:42 PM
    I don't like the dark effect of the invisible shield personally
    As stated by Jaydee5799, that "dark effect" is there to prevent others from walking up and trying to look at what you're typing or your online transaction information. The earlier shields (for my 8310) looked grainy but others are now getting a lot better. Helps in crowded places and/or against curious onlookers.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-01-10 at 06:02 PM.
    12-01-10 05:48 PM
    Me thinks that person who thanked his every post is also him using a different account.. How do you spell pathetic again? Oh M-A-T-R-I-X-L-E-A-D-E-R.
    Wow!! Just noticed the "over night" post count.
    12-01-10 05:59 PM
    Since ML likes to add pointless crap...imagine that, here is mine..

I have never used a screen protector, but I know not to spray the phone down with water...

moving on...

Blacklatino likes this.
    12-01-10 07:41 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD