I have my phone wrapped in the silicon condom . Now all I need a something to protect the screen from scratches. I's prefer a cling type protector as I don't want to mess with water and adhesive. Plus the adhesive type protectors can be a pain to remove. Recommendations?
    03-13-09 09:47 AM
    I know you said you don't want to mess with water but...I would say BSE screen protector.

I had it on my IPhone without any problems. Now its on my Blackberry and it does it a great job. Just follow their instructions and you can't go wrong.
    03-13-09 09:55 AM
    Pretty much a LOT of people use BSE or Clarivue. Both seem to do the job well and you should be satisfied.
    03-13-09 10:07 AM
    after messing with a ton of cling type protectors i don't use anything but ZAGG invisible shields now. i can understand why you don't wanna mess with 'em but to me its worth it. i haven't tried BSE but from the pics i see, it looks pretty good.
    03-13-09 10:07 AM
    BSE is the only way to go. Easy to remove. See my signature for examples of a Curve with it on, and coming off.
    03-13-09 10:11 AM
    BSE is the best! i've used it on many phones....i've ended up ordering at least 50 for co-workers after they have seen it on my phone
    03-13-09 10:13 AM
    BSE is the best! i've used it on many phones....i've ended up ordering at least 50 for co-workers after they have seen it on my phone
    lol I had this same problem "uh, hey man, can you do that to mine for me? And, my iPod?"

"ssuurree, $10 to do the job please"
    03-13-09 10:15 AM
    clarivue ultra clear. after trying the seidio screen protector. the clarivue is awesome. there was a 10% off code in the clarivue thread in this forum.
    03-13-09 10:17 AM
    Clarivue ultra all the way. No one believes me when i say there's a screen protector on there, it's that good. Plus it's a cling one, so no mess.
    03-13-09 10:26 AM
    I got a mirror one on mine, I got it off eBay - can hardly see it when the backlight is on and when the backlight goes off you've got a mirror.

I discovered them when I had an iPhone and searched for one for my berry
    03-13-09 11:41 AM
    I just use the screen protector that came with on the device, I have a sillicone cover on it so why thats on there it wont peel off. When it does I will probably invest in a mirror one
    03-13-09 11:44 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. Just ordered a Clarivue ultra using the 10% off coupon.
    03-13-09 11:47 AM
    i'm using the cheap t-mobile screen protectors... and it works great.. my friend applied it on for me so its good to go...

did anyone put on a screen protector straight out of the box before using it?
    03-13-09 11:54 AM
    I bought these $3 screen protectors from ebay, shipped from Hong Kong. They work great.
    03-13-09 12:01 PM
    I have used both the bse and zagg for my 8900. They are both a pain to put on, but the zagg is much better (now that the fit is correct). the bse collects a lot of lint around the edges that the zagg did not do.
    03-13-09 12:06 PM
    Best. Skins. Ever. Very easy to put on the screen protector. (Some side pieces on the 8900 had to be held down for a while to stay, but no problems.) I had a BSE on my just-retired Pearl for over 2 years, carrying it caseless in my pocket, and it STILL looks perfect. Never peeled either. That is a real testimony to the quality and performance imo.
    03-14-09 12:10 PM
    Clarivue all the way.
    03-14-09 12:46 PM
    Kind of off-topic, but does everyone here buy the full body shield or just the screen protector for their 8900 (either from Best Skins Ever or Zagg)?
    03-14-09 12:46 PM
    I have used BSE full skins on all my phones. I recently bought some mirrored screen protectors for my 8900 and it looks really cool. The 8900 really needs protection since the screen is otherwise unprotected as with the old Curve.
    03-14-09 12:56 PM
    Just curious, but where would I get the mirror protectors for the screen? I'd like to look into them.
    I'm currently using a Phantom Skinz and I think it's awesome. No orange peel and it's prett damn clear.

Thanks.

I have used BSE full skins on all my phones. I recently bought some mirrored screen protectors for my 8900 and it looks really cool. The 8900 really needs protection since the screen is otherwise unprotected as with the old Curve.
    03-14-09 01:06 PM
    Just curious, but where would I get the mirror protectors for the screen? I'd like to look into them.
    I'm currently using a Phantom Skinz and I think it's awesome. No orange peel and it's prett damn clear.

Thanks.
    I got mine on ebay blackberry 8900 mirror screen, Cell Phones PDAs items on eBay.com
    03-14-09 01:14 PM
    That looks pretty cool. Does it go on wet or is it a cling-on type? Also, what's the clarity like with it on and the BB screen active?

Thanks again.

03-14-09 01:45 PM
    That link up there finally made me cave and buy the mirrored screen protector. I've been showing such good willpower, too.
    03-14-09 02:22 PM
    The mirrored screen protectors are sort of sticky and come as a three layer sandwich and a little cleaning cloth. No water is involved but care needs to be taken when fitting.
    03-14-09 02:37 PM
    That link up there finally made me cave and buy the mirrored screen protector. I've been showing such good willpower, too.
    Ahhh. The only way to get rid of temptation is to give in. I am familair with that concept.
    03-14-09 02:39 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD