I have tried several case-mate screen protectors but to no avail. Most of the protectors to the most part have went on ok but the corners are an eye sore b/c they are so bubbly. I was wondering if anyone has had better luck with these and what the best screen protector would be for the torch. I have heard the privacy screens go on well and are nice.
    09-12-10 11:47 PM
    I have no complants with the Zagg Invisible Shield - the cut was d@mn near perfect and the installation hasn't too bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 01:23 AM
    I had Zagg Invisible Shield on previous devices, and dislike the orange discoloration over a period of time or how worn the edges would get. I wonder has the quality improved...

09-13-10 01:28 AM
    I had Zagg Invisible Shield on previous devices, and dislike the orange discoloration over a period of time or how worn the edges would get. I wonder has the quality improved...
    I've heard the same thing also about Zagg. I am picky as h@ll when it comes to my devices and how they look - as of now I have no complaints with the Invisible Shield.
    09-13-10 01:33 AM
    Ghost Armor FTW!
    09-13-10 02:00 AM
    I don't like Zagg at all. Difficult to install and the orange peel effect is funky to touch.

I bought the Splash Masque off Amazon for 8.99. It comes in a pack of 3, easy to install, and 100% undetectible. Highly recommended!

09-13-10 03:16 AM
    I don't like Zagg at all. Difficult to install and the orange peel effect is funky to touch.

I bought the Splash Masque off Amazon for 8.99. It comes in a pack of 3, easy to install, and 100% undetectible. Highly recommended!

These are pretty good, but darn near impossible to install without a bubble or two. I cleaned the screen in a low dust environment, and immediately put the screen on. Even the tiniest spec of dust will cause a bubble. Also, the fit is SO perfect that unless the installation is equally perfect the protector will nip the edge, causing more bubbles. And the longer you take to place, the more the dust magnet will work. In the end, I got one in place with two small bubbles off the screen area. I can live with that.
    09-13-10 05:22 AM
    I tried several as this is the first device I have used one on. I started with the AT&T privacy protector, it was awful. The touch sensitivity was severely affected and wear marks started showing where the protector rubbed the case. Then I went with the clear AT&T, better but still did not give the "invisible" look I was going for. I ended up with Ghost Armor and, after my second attempt got it installed perfectly, it is excellent. It is very clear with just a tad of orange peel, it is smooth to run your finger on the touch screen but has just enough tackiness to assist in opening the slide.
    09-13-10 06:50 AM
    I just put on the Clear Touch Crystal from Box Wave. Pretty damn clear too - installation was a piece of cake.
    09-13-10 06:53 AM
    09-13-10 07:24 AM
    These are pretty good, but darn near impossible to install without a bubble or two. I cleaned the screen in a low dust environment, and immediately put the screen on. Even the tiniest spec of dust will cause a bubble. Also, the fit is SO perfect that unless the installation is equally perfect the protector will nip the edge, causing more bubbles. And the longer you take to place, the more the dust magnet will work. In the end, I got one in place with two small bubbles off the screen area. I can live with that.
    I haven't had any issues installing without bubbles. I've installed 2 and they've both been flawless.

Also, for my Bold 9700 I used SGP Shields from sgpstore.com. I really liked them but the ones for the torch weren't available yet. Maybe they are now. Worth a check.

09-13-10 04:21 PM
    I like Moda Casi, easily cut to fit.
    09-13-10 04:25 PM
    I purchased a "Gadget Guard" off ebay... very high quality and fits perfect. Cheap too..... I can't see giving $20 for a screen protector.
    09-13-10 05:37 PM
    i went to the mall around where i live in san dieg ca and they installed a full body invisible shield ...its called ghost armor..it covers all parts of the phone except the back ruvbber battery door
    09-15-10 06:17 PM
    I second crystal clear from boxwave, perfect for you Torch. They also have an antiglare that doesn't leave traces of your fingerprint.

09-15-10 08:50 PM
    I love the anti-glare/anti-fingerprint screen protector from at & t. They are easy to stick/install and works beautifully with my Torch. I tried the Zagg screen protector but ripped it off after one day. The texture of the screen is semi-sticky and doesn't let your fingers glide smoothly across the screen. Also the fact that you have to spray liquid onto the sheet before you place it on the screen - freaked me out. Didn't like it at all!
    09-17-10 09:39 PM
    I love the anti-glare/anti-fingerprint screen protector from at & t. They are easy to stick/install and works beautifully with my Torch. I tried the Zagg screen protector but ripped it off after one day. The texture of the screen is semi-sticky and doesn't let your fingers glide smoothly across the screen. Also the fact that you have to spray liquid onto the sheet before you place it on the screen - freaked me out. Didn't like it at all!
    Yeah, I'm gonna try and return my zagg to the store... I hated the orangepeel texture and the other streaks and bubbles. They did not go away like the instructions claimed, and the film was too soft and tacky. Not worth 20 bucks at all.

-Ryan

09-17-10 09:50 PM
    Yeah, I'm gonna try and return my zagg to the store... I hated the orangepeel texture and the other streaks and bubbles. They did not go away like the instructions claimed, and the film was too soft and tacky. Not worth 20 bucks at all.

-Ryan

That's the right description - too soft and tacky!

That material (used in the military, etc etc) is probably a great product if you want to cover and protect the entire phone (for curve, older version of bold, etc) but...seriously, it doesn't work with a Torch (and expensive too!)
    09-17-10 09:57 PM
    I bought a StealthGuard to use with my Decal Girl body skin. Did not like it at all and took it right off. So, for now, I'm leaving the screen "free" and the body skinned.

At least it only cost me $3.
    09-17-10 10:27 PM
    best skins ever are what i always go for, got the full body protection
    09-18-10 09:29 PM
    Use a drop of disk soap in water to install - fixes both problems...
    09-20-10 11:44 AM
    09-20-10 12:18 PM
    I have ordered but not yet received my screen protector from Best Skins Ever. I've used it on several prior devices and loved it, but this will be the first one with a touch screen so I'm curious to see how it does.
    09-20-10 03:57 PM
    I got my BSE's today and I'm frankly quite alarmed. I've used dozens of BSE's in the past without a single problem. This time though they seem to have changed their material. This material is thicker, stiffer and scratches very easily. Mine scratched up with a rubber squeegee. I know its different because I have a bunch of spare BES's in my office that I compared it too.

I have a support email into BSE to confirm my suspicions, if anyone else thats familiar with BSE and gets the 9800 skin and can also confirm my theory please do.

I would avoid BSE if they continue to use this thicker, scratchable material. I'll try ghost armor next.
    09-20-10 05:51 PM
    I got my BSE's today and I'm frankly quite alarmed. I've used dozens of BSE's in the past without a single problem. This time though they seem to have changed their material. This material is thicker, stiffer and scratches very easily. Mine scratched up with a rubber squeegee. I know its different because I have a bunch of spare BES's in my office that I compared it too.

I have a support email into BSE to confirm my suspicions, if anyone else thats familiar with BSE and gets the 9800 skin and can also confirm my theory please do.

I would avoid BSE if they continue to use this thicker, scratchable material. I'll try ghost armor next.
    Oh boy....I just got my BSE shipment today, although they're still in the envelope. I'm using a Box Wave Crystal Clear at the moment and I like it.

Keep us posted as to what BSE replies with.
    09-20-10 05:54 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD