I am looking for a screen protector that fits the 9700 exactly and is crystal clear. I have bought 2 diff kinds and they are not quite perfectly clear.

I want to not be able to even tell there is a piece of tape on it. Some have a wavy ripply effect.

Thanks!
    12-18-09 08:13 PM
    Maybe you are doing something wrong?
    12-18-09 08:14 PM
    the ones you are referring to that have the ripples are like the BSE and the Zagg, however because they are made out of a flexible material they are the only ones that will cover the entire screen including the beveled edges, if you dont mine not having the beveled edged covered then screen protectors like Clarivue are what you are after, i have never used one but apparently the ultra clear is the best one out there to give you the clearest not distorted look. i am personally using the BSE skin and like it a lot because it covers the entire screen and you cant see the orange peel effect when the screen if off so it doesnt bother me
    12-18-09 08:16 PM
    I have Clarivue anti glare screen protectos and you can't notice anything. It comes on totally invisible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 08:17 PM
    I know I am applying them correctly. I have one currently that is crystal clear and i would never know it is there other than but it does not curve over the edges.
    12-18-09 08:18 PM
    I know I am applying them correctly. I have one currently that is crystal clear and i would never know it is there other than but it does not curve over the edges.
    exactly thats the difference between them, the thin plastic type ones give you the clearest screen but because of the material they cant bend over the edges. I have yet to find any screen protector that gives you the best of both worlds, maybe you need to get a BSE screen one and cut strips to fit the edges and then use a Clarivue to fit the screen
    12-18-09 08:20 PM
    exactly thats the difference between them, the thin plastic type ones give you the clearest screen but because of the material they cant bend over the edges. I have yet to find any screen protector that gives you the best of both worlds, maybe you need to get a BSE screen one and cut strips to fit the edges and then use a Clarivue to fit the screen
    Nice idea and thanks for the suggestions!
    12-18-09 08:21 PM
    Nice idea and thanks for the suggestions!
    i have a privacy screen protector on the way and i think it may only cover the actual lit part of the screen so not even from top cover down tot he buttons (got it witht he new bezel and battery door i ordered) if it works and i like it i may try a BSE and cut it out to frame the protector so the entire skin is protected, not sure how its going to work and it may take a steady hand to cut it perfectly so we'll see, also though of maybe a BSE overtop of another screen protector, but i think that may cut down on the clarity too much
    12-18-09 08:26 PM
    i have a privacy screen protector on the way and i think it may only cover the actual lit part of the screen so not even from top cover down tot he buttons (got it witht he new bezel and battery door i ordered) if it works and i like it i may try a BSE and cut it out to frame the protector so the entire skin is protected, not sure how its going to work and it may take a steady hand to cut it perfectly so we'll see, also though of maybe a BSE overtop of another screen protector, but i think that may cut down on the clarity too much
    hey i am looking for a hard plastic one and a soft one to cover the edges this post is really helpful i just like to know what BSE means thanks!!
    12-20-09 08:19 PM
    hey i am looking for a hard plastic one and a soft one to cover the edges this post is really helpful i just like to know what BSE means thanks!!
    BSE = Best Skins Ever

12-20-09 09:49 PM
    BSE = Best Skins Ever

thanks i got it
    12-20-09 10:30 PM
    Have clarivue on with anti glare, there's this rainbow grainy tint to it that's sort of annoying, wish I went with the clear one. Also their shipping is sort of slow. Ordered on 15, didn't ship until 18. Despite being in the same state as them, took 4 business days to turn it around

12-21-09 05:04 PM
    Have clarivue on with anti glare, there's this rainbow grainy tint to it that's sort of annoying, wish I went with the clear one. Also their shipping is sort of slow. Ordered on 15, didn't ship until 18. Despite being in the same state as them, took 4 business days to turn it around

yes that is what i try to avoid the grainy thing

Thanks
    12-21-09 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD