Is there anyway to not have the screen security lock during media player use for videos? I want my normal screen lock to apply every 2 mins of non-use, except when I'm watching a movie.
    06-23-08 02:19 PM
    sorry to completly necro this dead topic but im interested to know if anyone has a solution to this problem, its so frustrating

many thanks
    09-09-08 03:26 PM
    yeah I would like to know too ... it's so annoying!
    10-25-08 02:47 PM
    Yes I need to find a solution to this rather annoying problem as well. Does anyone know how to "fix" this issue cause its really annoying either having to type in my password to unlock the screen or move my trackball around every few minutes while watching video (on my Curve 8330).
    11-05-08 12:23 AM
    So I tried looking for an answer as well, but couldn't so I tried figuring it out for myself.

The problem became apparent when I decided to set a password. In the password options there is a field called security timeout. This is the time that it will kick you out of the video. Mine was defaulted to 2min.

Now I just set it to the longest possible (1hr), and just use my convenience key or the holster to lock. Unfortunately there is no option longer than 1hr so when watching a long movie you'll have to do some activity to reset the timeout.

Hope this helps
    11-28-08 01:10 PM
    Crap. I was looking for a fix for this problem. Watching a full movie, and having to move the trackball every so often is pretty annoying.

I don't suppose anyone has come up with a fix for this yet?
    01-29-09 03:42 PM
    Hi - has anyone determined a solution for this issue? I'm using the 8830WE with OS 4.5.135 and music files continue to play fine, but a video stops when the screen goes into lock mode.

Thanks.
    Last edited by webspeare; 06-25-09 at 07:46 AM.
    06-25-09 07:27 AM
    Hey, me too... It always locks during video playback. And I don't like it. Anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 01:12 AM
    yeah me too and i tried to fix it myself and i failed then tried to find a solution online and i couldnt it looks like im gonna do what Torell is doing *sigh*
    01-26-11 08:14 PM
    If the BlackBerry smartphone has a low security timeout setting, it may lock during video or audio playback. This may cause the video or audio playback to stop.

To address this issue, you can change the timeout settings for the password. Depending on how the timeout settings are controlled, take one of the following actions:

If your BlackBerry smartphone settings for password timeout are not set or managed through a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, navigate to Options > Password and increase the value that is currently set for the security timeout.
    Note: For earlier versions of BlackBerry Device Software, the above option is available at Options > Security > General Settings.

If the timeout settings are managed by your BlackBerry Enterprise Server, ask the administrator to enable the Allow Resetting Idle Timer policy, found under the Security Policy group. Enabling this policy will allow the Chalk Pushcast Player to reset the idle timer and avoid being locked while audio or video files are being played on the smartphone. Does this help anyone?
    01-26-11 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD