SanDisk | Corporate | Press Room | Press Releases

MILPITAS, CALIFORNIA, June 27, 2007 – SanDisk� Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK) today announced that it is has begun sampling 6- and 8-gigabyte (GB)1 microSD™ High Capacity (microSDHC™) flash memory cards to major phone manufacturers and mobile network operators (MNOs) for testing and evaluation. The new cards are ideal for the growing number of feature-rich multimedia handsets that bring together phones, music players, hand-held computers, digital cameras and more. An 8GB microSDHC card can store more than 2,000 digital songs, or more than 5,000 high-resolution pictures, or up to 5 hours of high-quality MPEG 4 video2.
    07-01-07 08:32 PM
    There is another post either on this forum or another of a guy that says he has used an 8 GB Samsung microSDHC on his Curve and it works without a problem. That sucks for me since my 4 GB card will be here in a day or two for my Curve.
    07-22-07 10:17 PM
    The pain.... I didn't wait and have a tiny 2GB. If only it was a couple of months ago!!
    07-22-07 10:39 PM
    I haven't heard of any 8GB cards being released yet, but according to RIM, when it is released, it will work on the Curve.
    07-23-07 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD