i just picked up my 8900 the other day and also picked up one of the silicone skins made by tmobile. Its not like the old blackberry skin, it is THICK... feel like it would give plenty of shock protection. and it was only 10dollars. highly recommend it
    02-18-09 08:31 AM
    i just picked up my 8900 the other day and also picked up one of the silicone skins made by tmobile. Its not like the old blackberry skin, it is THICK... feel like it would give plenty of shock protection. and it was only 10dollars. highly recommend it
    How much bulk does this add to the phone though? I'm not a fan of skins/cases that make my phone look big and bulky as I carry it in my pocket all the time.
    02-18-09 10:15 AM
    How much bulk does this add to the phone though? I'm not a fan of skins/cases that make my phone look big and bulky as I carry it in my pocket all the time.
    A lot more than the Blackberry ones, maybe double. I actually liked the older ones better than this one, but it was all the store had at the time of purchase. Do T-Mobile stores carry the Blackberry brand skin yet?
    02-18-09 10:33 AM
    The T-Mo rubber case adds A LOT of bulk... I had picked one up and returned it within hours... I absolutely hated it, and I'm a person who prefered the gel-skin on my 8320... Highly NOT recommended...

I picked up an oem Blackberry gel-skin right here on Crackberry and it fits perfectly and doesn't add much bulk... It is thicker than the older oem gel-skins, but I actually prefer my 8900 with it rather than naked... It just feels better... Now this one is Highly Recommended...
    02-18-09 11:15 AM
    I had bought a similar bulky skin from amazon and HATED it. First off it rises higher than the keyboard so the bottom row of the keyboard is impossible to press. And the space button is located on the bottom so imagine what a pain in the *** that wasm. Sewcond, the hole wasn't wide enough for the usb to go thru so I'd have to take the skin off each time I needed to charge. I ended up buying the silicone skin they sell at the crackberry store. MUCH BETTER!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 11:24 AM
    Does T-Mobile have crystal cases too? I sort of want one that covers the screen like Griffin Technology cases for the iPod Nano.
    02-18-09 12:12 PM
    pics, please?
    02-18-09 12:13 PM
    I picked up one of the Tmo cased cause the 8900 is so darned slippery. I'd *LOVE* to have a rubberized battery cover to go with it but until then I will live with either a gel case or a skin of some type. I don't like the Tmobile case because IMHO it's too thick and obstructs the keys on the side and bottom. I think it is because I am used to "feeling" the edges of the keys but it's throwing all those years of 83xx curve typing training out the window and makes feeling the edges of the keys harder. I'm slowly learning how to type with it but I'm looking for another solution to my slippery 8900, which will probably be a BSE skin.
    02-18-09 12:32 PM
    I picked up one of the Tmo cased cause the 8900 is so darned slippery. I'd *LOVE* to have a rubberized battery cover to go with it but until then I will live with either a gel case or a skin of some type. I don't like the Tmobile case because IMHO it's too thick and obstructs the keys on the side and bottom. I think it is because I am used to "feeling" the edges of the keys but it's throwing all those years of 83xx curve typing training out the window and makes feeling the edges of the keys harder. I'm slowly learning how to type with it but I'm looking for another solution to my slippery 8900, which will probably be a BSE skin.

Ya I have the same case as well. I like the fact that it adds a little weight to the phone but I think there are better options out.
    02-18-09 12:44 PM
    I picked up the Tmo skin today, and it definitely adds bulk. It's more difficult to use the keys near the edge, too. Its thickness is its greatest attribute, for protection, and its worst flaw, for adding to the phone's footprint. I'm currently indifferent to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 12:48 PM
    I was going to pick up the Tmo skin today, but after reading the about all this bulk. I think its a better idea buying the oem one that blackberry makes. Plus the oem one is only $2 on amazon
    02-18-09 01:04 PM
    I got the crystal case with the belt clip and I am very happy with it. Tmobile had it for 9.99.
    02-18-09 01:11 PM
    Nice King Cake!! , 6 more days ...
    02-18-09 01:16 PM
    see for me i like the case due to my line of work and quickly got use to the skin rising up by the keyboard.... personally i rather have the bulk and protection vs no bulk and minimal protection... for me its not a fashion show just functional
    02-18-09 03:27 PM
    That skin seems like it will do the job, but it's not as nice as the OEM skin. The OEM skin does not come down as far at the top.
    02-18-09 04:36 PM
    The Incipio skin is nice! It's very thin and has nice grip.
    02-18-09 04:50 PM
    I also bought and returned the TMO skin, it was very bulky. I took it back the next day and ordered the combo case from seidio. I think the next time a phone like this one lauches, Im just going to kick back and wait until I can get everything all at once.. I think I've spent way to much money buying the crap online and having to return a few items. I think I spent a bill on trying to find the perfect case. Sorry to rant on..
    02-18-09 05:09 PM
    Has anyone ordered the OEM silicone skins from Amazon? or been able to find them at a T-Mobile store?
    02-18-09 05:15 PM
    I bought an OEM skin from Ebay, $6.95 but it hasn't come yet. The T-Mo store only had their own gel skins ($10) in, which I'm using now, but the other posters are right, it's pretty thick, and the Blackberry logo is covered on the front top.. So I'm thinking I'll end up using the OEM skin plus a BSE screen protector....
    02-18-09 05:20 PM
    I bought the OEM skin from Ebay and I love it. Its like the one I had for the 8320. It fits great and the phone looks better with it on in my opinion. It also helps my hands grip the phone. I highly recommend it
    02-18-09 06:07 PM
    I ordered an OEM skin from ebay for 6 bucks. The Tmobile store in my area only had the tmobile branded one, and like a previous poster said, it covers the Blackberry logo on the front of the phone, is bulkier than the oem one, and doesnt have the Blackberry logo on the back of the skin.
    02-18-09 07:15 PM
    Has anyone ordered the OEM silicone skins from Amazon? or been able to find them at a T-Mobile store?
    I bought a black OEM silicone skin from Amazon. It fits and looks great.
    02-18-09 07:16 PM
    I ordered the OEM skin from ebay and it seems to be similar to the one I have on my pearl. Can't tell you how I like it thought since the skin arrived before the phone.
    02-18-09 07:21 PM
    I got the crystal clear case and the gel skin at the t-mo store...$9.99 each. I like the extra bulk, it's easier for me to hold on to the phone that way (I have a high tendency to drop things). I ordered a BSE also just in case I feel like going semi-naked.
    02-18-09 09:30 PM
    I don't like that it covers up the BlackBerry logo - just my personal preference. The BlackBerry OEM skin seems to be a little thinner and doesn't cover up the logo
    02-19-09 09:58 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD