I have the Curve 8520. Had this one about 2 months but had a different 8520 for about a year previous. I have around 250 ringtones on my SD card. They show when I'm connected to PC in through my BB drive and also when I 'explore' through BB menu. I've tried manually moving out of Ringtones folder, back in, and connected to PC so folder would refresh. However, it did not. Tried soft and hard reset, neither of which worked, even tried a backup and restore.

When I originally got my first BB I remember it did the same thing. I found a thread on this forum that said how to delete a file (.dats?) that would force the phone to fresh its ringtones. After I did this once, had no problem transferring tones, they always showed up after PC disconnect. Don't know if this is what needs to be done but please help! I'm even able to play each tone fine when I go in through 'explore' rather than 'view' but they do not show up when I try to view them.

About ready to throw this Curve through my TV
    10-19-10 09:50 PM
    Have you tried a simple battery pull?
    10-19-10 10:00 PM
    Yes tried taking it out for 30 sec and also 5 min, neither worked :/
    10-19-10 10:02 PM
    Are they showing up under music?
    10-20-10 11:03 AM
    Are they showing up under music?
    No, they're not. The only way I can actually see them is to hook up to PC and use explore or to physically explore through the ringtones menu. I've also since tried deleting the ringtones that aren't showing up and add them back both through the SD card on the PC and through the explore menu on my BB.

What if I just copy all to a new file on my desktop, delete all and then add all back? My only hesitation if it doesn't work is that I'll have to redo my personalized ringers and profiles b/c the extensions are no longer valid.
    10-20-10 11:47 AM
    Where did you dl the tones from? Does this have anything to do with your OS issues?
    10-20-10 12:29 PM
    No it doesn't. My OS is working fine now that I have downgraded. I'm sure you know but I didn't DL them from Tmo or anything. Myxer, Mobiles24 and such. They're all MP3 format. I've checked that too. They're all tones that I transferred to mu SD card. It's so weird. Some show up on my BB and some just don't.
    10-20-10 01:02 PM
    Did you DL them while on 5.0? Im wondering if there might be an issue with some being on 4.6? I know im grasping here, but I havent come up with a better solution yet.
    10-20-10 01:38 PM
    I completely understand your grasping! I have racked my brain over this for literally hours and have been unable to figure why they're not showing and still can't figure it out. No though, they were all DL'd since I've downgraded. The tones in question were transferred all at once in bulk at the same time. But like I said, some of that bulk shows and some don't.

Do you think I should just get 5 and then worry with them?

Thank you so so much for your help!
    10-20-10 01:51 PM
    OS also solved this. Thanks again!
    10-20-10 06:09 PM
    I thought so! Excellent!!!!!
    10-20-10 10:21 PM
    Thanks a million again!!! I really appreciate it!
    10-21-10 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD