If my phone is in its holster when it rings, when I pull it out of the holster it silences the ringtone. Is there any way to stop it from doing this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 11:51 PM
    click the speaker icon>scroll down to edit profiles>choose the profile you use> then edit the phone, then open that and under play sound" may be always, In holster, or out of holster. same goes for vibrate, in holster, out of holster or always
    Last edited by fedge; 05-09-10 at 12:11 AM.
    05-09-10 12:08 AM
    I have it set to always for both. The phone rings when its in the holster, but when I pull the phone out to answer the call it silences the ringtone, just wanted to know if I could stop my phone from doing this?

05-09-10 02:29 AM
    Mine has a similar prob when I take it out the holster it stops for a brief second than starts the ringtone over, and I have everything set to always also,

05-09-10 09:50 AM
    well with it set to always it should ring for both... sounds like an os issue... maybe try using a different profile... say if you use the "normal profile" switch to "loud". make sure the setting in the new profile is set to "always" and see if that fixes the issue.
    05-09-10 12:01 PM
    Mine has a similar prob when I take it out the holster it stops for a brief second than starts the ringtone over, and I have everything set to always also,

It's just setup to be that way.
    05-09-10 01:41 PM
    Well, I don't like one bit
    Neither do I. But I just live with it.
    05-09-10 04:11 PM
    I'm using a BlackBerry for around 2 years now and this just is one of those Great Features of using the Holster!

IMHO the Ringtone sounds to notify you on a Caller, so when you are already aware on this and on your way to answer it, it might as well shut! Especcially in Office Enviroments where everybody needs to work and not be disturbed, after all, BlackBerry is a Business Device.

05-10-10 12:43 AM
    does it really need to ring in your hand? u just picked up the phone didnt you?
    05-10-10 12:58 AM
    Well, I don't like one bit
    I want my device to stop ringing when removed from the holster.

Do you like you ring tone SO much that you want it to just keep going to impress friends?

You might be in love with your rap ringer but others in the office might not be so impressed. But then some do not need to worry about being in an office enviroment.

Why would you want it to keep going?
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 05-10-10 at 05:55 AM.
    05-10-10 05:53 AM
    if you are using the OEM holster provided with the BlackBerry, here is your explanation... There are the settings for in holster/ out of holster like everyone has said, the magnet that is built into the holster for the "auto-standby" feature is also responsible for the in holster/ out of holster recognition. Hopefully that isn't too confusing and makes some sense.
    05-10-10 09:33 AM
    You might be in love with your rap ringer but others in the office might not be so impressed. But then some do not need to worry about being in an office enviroment.
    Or at the grocery store, gas station, post office, bank, heck even walking down the street. Having ringers is just plain annoying anywhere. When standing in a line somewhere, there is always that one person that has his ringer set to some really loud and completely obnoxious ring tone. Ughh.

I've had bb's (and others) for over 10 years and I have yet to make my phone make a noise. Thats what vibrate is for.
    05-10-10 02:44 PM
    Or at the grocery store, gas station, post office, bank, heck even walking down the street. Having ringers is just plain annoying anywhere. When standing in a line somewhere, there is always that one person that has his ringer set to some really loud and completely obnoxious ring tone. Ughh.

I've had bb's (and others) for over 10 years and I have yet to make my phone make a noise.
    Thats what vibrate is for.
    You obviously didn't know that the mineral which causes phones to vibrate is one of the main causes of the war in the congo. Do africe a favour, turn your ringtone on and vibrate off. Why do you need to know your phone's rung if you're in situation where you can't answer it?

05-10-10 08:16 PM
    Well said? Really? Which mineral's that then?
    05-11-10 08:50 AM
    You obviously didn't know that the mineral which causes phones to vibrate is one of the main causes of the war in the congo. Do africe a favour, turn your ringtone on and vibrate off. Why do you need to know your phone's rung if you're in situation where you can't answer it?

Actually, if you want to get technical, all cell phones are bad for the environment and the rainforest... And thats a ******** comment, cause my phone is already made, so therefore it doesn't matter now how many times my phone vibrates...

But I dont (at all) get your last comment... I'm almost never in a situation where I can't answer my phone... I just don't want to annoy the people I'm with with some stupid obnoxious ring tone. Whats the difference between vibrate and ring except one makes a stupid noise and one doesn't.... they both let you know the phone is ringing.
    05-11-10 11:43 AM
    I was hoping to find a "solution" to this problem as it bothered me too.

I'm using a BlackBerry for around 2 years now and this just is one of those Great Features of using the Holster!

IMHO the Ringtone sounds to notify you on a Caller, so when you are already aware on this and on your way to answer it, it might as well shut!
    Makes sense...I like the logic of that.

I just hate when it ring in the holster and you pull it out and it stop the ringtone sound. That gets me kinda tight because other phones can keep ringing even if in holster when pulling out. They should at least pull an option for both Office and regular user
    Reason I get tight and why I wanted to change it is because I am afraid the call was answered automatically, even though my phone is not set up to answer automatically (at least I hope so).

I guess I'll just have to get used it. As I mentioned - totally makes sense that if I pull it out of the holster it's because I knew it rang.
    05-11-10 02:47 PM
    This thread looks similar to the '9700 rings once in holster' thread.

My 9700 rings once in the holster (i have asked for help on the other thread) but as it happens, after it rings once and i take it out it does not ring again.

If the phone is out of the holster when a call comes in it rings a number of times.

My setting are on 'always' and i am trying to get to the bottom of this.

Now i have read all this thread, and i have to say for the record, i don't actually want my phone to ring once i take it out of the holster, so not really an issue there.

However, if i am away from my desk, but not going so far i need to take my phone, or i am at home and go from one room to another, it is rather annoying if i do not hear the first ring, as i have missed a few calls recently.

So can anyone help with a 'ring once in holster' issue.... which might actually be the issue with the person who started this thread...

Thanks
    05-12-10 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD