Can you download ringtones for texting?? I have a bb 8900 and I want to be able to set my ringtones for texting.

Please help,

Thanks!!
    01-03-10 03:07 PM
    Can you download ringtones for texting?? I have a bb 8900 and I want to be able to set my ringtones for texting.

Please help,

Thanks!!

Yes. Just go to your sound profiles >advanced> menu button> edit, and scroll down to SMS text. Choose the ringtone you want.

This worked for me. If I'm wrong, hopefully someone will correct me.

Edit: Sound profiles are the little speaker thing that is normally either in the top right or top left corner--looks like a speaker. It has to be highlighted so you can select it.
    Last edited by book.reader; 01-03-10 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Clarification
    01-03-10 03:11 PM
    yeah, just download whatever ring tone you want either through your phone or your computer. if you're using a computer then just send it to your phone either bluetooth or cable. setting the sms ring tone should be the same as setting your phone ring tone.
    01-03-10 03:11 PM
    any song on your device can be added as a ringtone for sms on your phone, go to profiles>advanced>highlight the active profile>blackberry key>select edit>than select sms and select ringtone you would like, if you want a song thats not in your list at the very top select browse and browse through the media on your phone.
    01-03-10 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD