I currently use the 24 ringtone. Sounds like the phones ringing in CTU.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 06:59 AM
    read through the whole thread. Maybe its cuz I'm "old school" for my age, but personally (for my situation) I could have whatever the heck I want for a ringtone. I work in a shop, where its loud and noisy, so something loud (along with vibe) is needed to get my attention. That being said, for a more "professional" situation, general rule of thumb to follow: the moment your workday starts, conduct yourself as if your boss was 5 feet away watching your every move. That includes ringtone/alert sounds, internet use, BBM, etc. You personally know your boss and work environment the best. If its more laid back, great! Use a mellow/non-offensive mp3. If its pretty strict/professional, use something non-threatening, similar to the tones that came on your BB. And again - IMO - your boss signs your paycheques. To a degree, he "owns" you during the workday. I wouldn't let a ringtone be the difference between a paycheque and an unemployment line, but maybe some people think its worth the risk. (oh yeah, if you think your boss is too strict - find somewhere else to work that will let you keep your choice of ringtones. If you can't.... suck it up!)
    01-02-10 07:40 AM
    isnt there some kind of profile scheduler around? Maybe a good idea for rim to incorporate. set days and times you want which ringtone to work. This way, at 5pm....your ringtone automatically switches to the out of work ringtone, and at 5am or whatever, you're work ringtone kicks in...mon - fri, and the sat sun set to your out of work tone...seems like a simple enough solution....lol...i need to learn programming!
    01-02-10 07:51 AM
    I currently use the 24 ringtone. Sounds like the phones ringing in CTU.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i used to have this, but it got confusing. the "24 sound" being the same as the default ring of cisco IP telephones... which are the phones we all have on our desks at work.
    01-02-10 09:28 AM
    I actually set up a new profile labelled "work". I don't have any ringtome for calls, or BBM atm, but it just has the standard sonar ping for text messages. No one except debt collectors try to call me at work. Everyone else sms' me and get me to call them if they need to talk, else we swap messages.

But the work phone idea sounds great to me, not something anyone's going to get pissy at anytime soon.
    i find that sonar starts to bug me after a while - don't know what it is
    01-04-10 04:35 AM
130 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD